TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, PART FOUR IS HERE!

Admin

23 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

This is exactly what is meant.

If the Carcass is already ravaged (i.e. partially eaten by something), you can Harvest it by hand as it's already been cut open essentially.

If the Carcass has been partly harvested using a Tool, it's then "cut open" as well and can be harvested by hand afterwards.

You just can't tear animals apart by hand anymore. Any cutting tool will do the trick -- Knife, Hatchet, Hacksaw, and the improvised versions of Knives and Hatchets. After cutting a bit, feel free to tear away if you like. Hope that helps clarify.

Just a question for further clarification - Does "ravaged" include fresh kills by wolves when the wolf has been scared off the carcass by the player (which are not visibly ravaged or cut open)?

• Upvote 1

Harvest_Stag.gif.4cb363b25bba37b25df484fe127ce22f.gif

New animations for harvesting Carcasses have been added. Note that Fresh or Frozen kills will now need to be initially dressed with an appropriate Tool. No more bare-handed Harvesting of newly killed animals.

I think it's a big mistake to remove bare-handed harvesting of newly killed animals especially rabbits, where it would be so easy to quickly remove the hide and guts without the need for a knife or other tools.  I can see the point behind not being able to butcher a frozen animal without the appropriate tools, but anything freshly killed should have the option of bare-handed harvesting since the kill has not yet begun freezing.  At the very least minimize what can be harvested, just like smashing a can open doesn't destroy all the contents, but merely diminishes what can be eaten.  I think in the same way, the amount of meat could be limited and the player not be able to recover the guts or hide.  This would be a much better work around in my opinion while keeping the game immersive.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GothSkunk said:

Bare-handed harvesting can still be done, but the carcass must first be dressed by way of a cutting tool. Or... wolf teeth.

I'm assuming this then also includes the fresh wolf kills and not just the prop ravaged deer.

HL - I'd still love an option to enable knives and hatchets separately in custom while keeping the baseline resources setting at low  - maybe in the update to the custom menu mentioned in the trailer?  (I'm really looking forward to that update - thanks sincerely for giving custom some love!)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:
especially rabbits

Yeah, it would be cool to make rabbits a special case and give them a realistic animation. You can look it up on YouTube with "rabbit skinning". If you destroy the fur it just takes a few seconds, but even when taking care to preserve it it can be done without tools.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Serenity said:

Yeah, it would be cool to make rabbits a special case and give them a realistic animation. You can look it up on YouTube with "rabbit skinning". If you destroy the fur it just takes a few seconds, but even when taking care to preserve it it can be done without tools.

exactly my point!  thanks for validating my post!

10 minutes ago, GothSkunk said:

Bare-handed harvesting can still be done, but the carcass must first be dressed by way of a cutting tool. Or... wolf teeth.

lol, you should see how long and sharp my fingernails are now that I haven't clipped them in over 258 days...

Something I just thought of: toxin build up should be a lot faster when you don't wear any shoes. Not sure if it is that way. Otherwise there is the same strange incentive as with walking through water. To protect your shoes, it's better to go barefoot than wearing shoes.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 3

So today a long awaited Diablo 4 update was released and The Contanimation Zone in TLD... I haven't played the new D4 update yet :D

But I've spend the past 5 hours exploring the new region on pilgrim and I still haven't seen all of it (I'm missing at least one key). What a fantastic region, I can't wait to enter it on my Stalker run and continue the tales, I wonder what else I might discover.

Thank you for this update, I love it!

Edited by ChillPlayer
  • Like 1

I have just seen a glorious gig in London (music from the Wicker Man played live) and as I sat on my seat in the train at King’s Cross, I thought I’d check to see if there was news..

This looks glorious! Can’t wait to get stuck in tomorrow,  and huge congrats to all at Hinterland, have a great Christmas break.

What a great night! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Okay, I just heard a bit of unfamiliar and rather foreboding music begin to swell... for a second, I was really on edge thinking something might have been stalking me.  I looked around in every direction... even looked up in the trees. :D 

Let me just say the new music is absolutely fantastic. 
yzopk.jpg.6892538de2c0fb2d178a4d0474c897d1.jpg

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3