TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, PART FOUR IS HERE!

Admin

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Just a question for further clarification - Does "ravaged" include fresh kills by wolves when the wolf has been scared off the carcass by the player (which are not visibly ravaged or cut open)?

I can confirm, that is consider "ravaged".  Just killed a wolf which was feasting on a newly killed deer.  I was able to harvest it by hand, albeit taking 3 hours.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 4

Had a chance to play for a bit. Decided to restart my custom save so I can experience Scurvy on at least one game and I was checking out the foods that have vitamin C.  Sardines have a Minor Vitamin C and I HATE Sardines. Doesn't matter what condition I get them in, there is a 80% chance I will get food poisoning.  (worst RNG luck).  Now I need to factor them into my diet bruhhhhh.

Other than that loving the new animations for harvesting and first person POV with the gloves and sleeves.  I'll properly play my save that finished signal void over the weekend when I have time.  But very excited to do a deep dive in.

I am in Santo Domingo right now on a City Tour and I got an e-mail with the update information. 

Everything looks really great and cant w8 to try it when I come back home on the 14th. You guys did some nice work. 

One big dissapointment tho. Why do I have to abandon my saves again? I have worked soo hard for my super interloper Will and hes past 300 days. Along with other 4 interloper saves one of them past 500.... I have all the materials I need on them to survive with scurvy for another 1000 plus. Do I have to loose my saves again when another update launches? This kinda blows...

Well guess ill make a new one but please dont wipe it again !!!!!!

Ty for Your work Hinterland. 

18 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

Me, after searching CH for an insulated flask for the last hour:

lost-john-travolta.gif

Did anybody find one of the things? I'm running my old 450 day Interloper run for this search. 

I found one like 5 minutes into a run I started to get the tale done but never ended up getting further than getting the handheld radio

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moosemaster said:

Yo guys is it good?

So far? Glorious. The new animations are awesome, and the implementation of the travois is superb. No idea on the Vit C as I have to start a new run to experience it. 

Still on the hunt for the flask, and moving to get to the ZC and start Buried echoes, but so far? Color me very impressed by the update. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Dan_ said:

So far? Glorious. The new animations are awesome, and the implementation of the travois is superb. No idea on the Vit C as I have to start a new run to experience it. 

Still on the hunt for the flask, and moving to get to the ZC and start Buried echoes, but so far? Color me very impressed by the update. 

👍 tried to make a run but couldn’t get very far before just running out of steam so wanted to know everyone else’s opinion on the update

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan_ said:

Me, after searching CH for an insulated flask for the last hour:

lost-john-travolta.gif

Did anybody find one of the things? I'm running my old 450 day Interloper run for this search. 

I'm in PV, and my run is about 200 days now, but I suspect that it may be difficult to find a flask in places that we've already cleaned out.

I don't remember this being the case when the cooking pots came out, or when the skillets came out, but that may be the reason.

Existing saves should have scurvy, unless there’s a point where you cannot get foods to overcome it who cares if it’s harder because we only have low vit c items 😞 I just hit day 400 on an 9month run don’t want to start over, and thinking about it shouldn’t the trader address this even if it would be an issue at the moment, they could just trade us high vit c items 

Edited by Enigmaecho
More thought
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GothSkunk said:

I'm in PV, and my run is about 200 days now, but I suspect that it may be difficult to find a flask in places that we've already cleaned out.

I don't remember this being the case when the cooking pots came out, or when the skillets came out, but that may be the reason.

I searched all the buildings in the airfield no luck either, about 8buildings into the zone and nothing there either, hopefully they didn’t have a spawn issue for existing saves 😫

8 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

lol, you should see how long and sharp my fingernails are now that I haven't clipped them in over 258 days...

Human fingernails are inefficient at long lengths. They are far more likely to snap and break off than they are to eviscerate an animal hide.