TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, PART FOUR IS HERE!

Admin

28 minutes ago, GothSkunk said:

at 06:22 of the video, during Raphael's introduction of the Insulated Flask, I noticed a lit candle on the fireplace hearth.

Can you elaborate more on that, @Admin? Are candles now a thing in this update?

Candle is just a prop added to that scene and not a new gameplay system.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, xanna said:

Oh, I didn't notice that. That's a big change!

That alone is going to make a large number of my one-zone runs impossible since the acquisition of arrowheads, knives and hatchets is not possible 99% of the time on runs where the baseline resources are set to low (as in interloper) and one cannot access multiple zones to find a hammer to make forging possible or to access a forge itself (depending on the chosen zone for the run).  Thanks HL.🤥

Hopefully, you'll compensate for this by adding an option to enable knives and hatchets separately in custom (similar to how guns can be enabled currently).

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, LostRealist said:

Gotta say it doesn't really apply to me with the custom settings I play, but I am intrigued as to what the harvesting change will mean to some of the more "hardcore" interloper people. I reckon that's gotta be trouble in the early game.

It's gonna affect me, I can never find the hacksaw! I like to always harvest by hand where poss to save tools and max skill points anyway, so this is going to compel me to change my playstyle. That's not a bad thing!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

@Admin Hey, I'm seeing some very strange and dramatic Framerate drops with the new update on bleak inlet, in the cannery on the obstacle course you take to get into the workshop.

The update video said something about "We've improved how we handle streaming assets, and because of this we can make gloves possible"
Could this update have caused framerate drops as a side effect? because this definitely should not be happening

My pc easily runs this game at 144fps, but in certain areas i'm seeing drops to like 60 or 30 fps.. this is pretty insane.

I'll try to get better data and get a video in the meantime.

14 minutes ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

@Admin Hey, I'm seeing some very strange and dramatic Framerate drops with the new update on bleak inlet, in the cannery on the obstacle course you take to get into the workshop.

The update video said something about "We've improved how we handle streaming assets, and because of this we can make gloves possible"
Could this update have caused framerate drops as a side effect? because this definitely should not be happening

My pc easily runs this game at 144fps, but in certain areas i'm seeing drops to like 60 or 30 fps.. this is pretty insane.

I'll try to get better data and get a video in the meantime.

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. I've notified the team and they are checking. If you have more data, please submit a ticket at our Support Portal  hinterlandgames.com/support 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, xanna said:

I like to always harvest by hand where poss to save tools ...  so this is going to compel me to change my playstyle. That's not a bad thing!

I'm the same way.  I always appreciated that for most of our basic survival tasks we could get by without any tools whatsoever... this is going to change the game for me.

What I wonder about is the wording.  When it says that we can't harvest "fresh carcasses" by hand... does that mean that perhaps after we start harvesting with a tool, we can then switch over to doing by it hand (since we had just "made a hole" so-to-speak), I mean until it either gets 50% or more frozen (or until we reach sufficient skill that frozen carcass doesn't matter to us anymore)?  If so, then wonderful...   However, if it's no harvesting carcasses by hand; period.  Then yeah, that will make me adapt my playstyle right away.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I suppose I'll find out the next time I can get a session in. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac

• Hinterland
1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

I'm the same way.  I always appreciated that for most of our basic survival tasks we could get by without any tools whatsoever... this is going to change the game for me.

What I wonder about is the wording.  When it says that we can't harvest "fresh carcasses" by hand... does that mean that perhaps after we start harvesting with a tool, we can then switch over to doing by hand (since we had just "made a hole" so-to-speak).  If so, then wonderful...   However, if it's no harvesting carcasses by hand; period.  Then yeah, that will make me adapt my playstyle right away.

I suppose I'll find out the next time I can get a session in. :D 

This is exactly what is meant.

If the Carcass is already ravaged (i.e. partially eaten by something), you can Harvest it by hand as it's already been cut open essentially.

If the Carcass has been partly harvested using a Tool, it's then "cut open" as well and can be harvested by hand afterwards.

You just can't tear animals apart by hand anymore. Any cutting tool will do the trick -- Knife, Hatchet, Hacksaw, and the improvised versions of Knives and Hatchets. After cutting a bit, feel free to tear away if you like. Hope that helps clarify.

• Upvote 15
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

If the Carcass is already ravaged (i.e. partially eaten by something), you can Harvest it by hand as it's already been cut open essentially.

If the Carcass has been partly harvested using a Tool, it's then "cut open" as well and can be harvested by hand afterwards.

You just can't tear animals apart by hand anymore. Any cutting tool will do the trick -- Knife, Hatchet, Hacksaw, and the improvised versions of Knives and Hatchets. After cutting a bit, feel free to tear away if you like. Hope that helps clarify.

Thank you for clarifying ❤️

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Wow, clarifications! Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

That's wonderful... Thank you.
VaultBoy.thumb.JPG.c735c04741a32b1b53cfc1be7fb0a070.JPG

I think that's a great bit of nuance... and exactly what I was hoping for.

Also thanks again, this update is so above and beyond what I could have imagined. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Does an arrow piercing or bullet entry/exit wound count? ;)   (not a serious question)

Thanks for the clarification!

43 minutes ago, Admin said:

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. I've notified the team and they are checking. If you have more data, please submit a ticket at our Support Portal  hinterlandgames.com/support 

Hey just a heads up to save you guys some time: The issue is with timberwolf AI. When the pack can't reach you, the game's performance takes a massive nose dive
Bug report is coming but it'll take a bit, i just don't want you to waste time looking for something that isn't there :)

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Beaverton said:

Bug: Once emergency stim is active, player not able to use flair. Then no longer able to interact with placed items.

Thanks for bringing this up, please submit a ticket at our Support Portal hinterlandgames.com/support

This will help us gather all the information we need to help resolve it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

Hey just a heads up to save you guys some time: The issue is with timberwolf AI. When the pack can't reach you, the game's performance takes a massive nose dive
Bug report is coming but it'll take a bit, i just don't want you to waste time looking for something that isn't there :)

Thank you, this is very helpful! 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1