TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, PART FOUR IS HERE!

Admin

Decided to start a new Voyageur run as my main run in case of future content cuts from Interloper. After 40 days I got some basic essentials and hides and felt confident to go to the Forsaken Airfield to start the Tales again. While rummaging through the main hangar, I finally found her. After 2000 hours I can finally proudly call her mine:

The infamous 100% Mag Lens.

I will never give this save up, no matter the cost.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

Regarding poisoned wolves, are we purposely not allowed to harvest meat? Curious if they are just that lean and sick they have no meat on their bones or if the game is stopping me from Darwin-ing myself

It's easier to just set the meat value to zero for that type of wolf, rather than making a new meat type that gives it's own new affliction when eaten.

On 12/8/2023 at 2:43 PM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Has anyone else noticed a disappearing fire barrel in one of the building near the pit mine?  As far as I can tell it''s sometimes there and sometimes not.

If this isn't my imagination then I'll go ahead and report it as a bug via the support portal.

Yes I noticed this. Placed a pot on it and when I came back the fire barrel was gone and my pot was floating!

• Upvote 1

I visited the Industrial Mine area. I also completed the buried echoes quests. After burying the security chief's bones, I grabbed what I needed and quickly left the area.
The map offers a very different experience. The TLD has a variety of challenges we're not used to, and they're nice. However, unfortunately the map is still disposable. Even further.
I came to the region very prepared. I carried approximately 20 kg of food and canned drinks. On the way back there was nothing left to eat. It took days to figure out what to do to get down into the deep mine. The fog never stopped the entire time I was on the map. There are no deer in the area. I only found one rabbit. The wolves are nothing like the wolves I am used to, they are extremely aggressive. It was a great experience. I barely escaped with my life in the area where the crashed helicopter was, but I could not save my trousers.
Yes, the map is great, but if you have started a new game, the map can be visited again, there is no reason to go again in the current game, on the contrary, there are many reasons not to go.

Let's say I started a new run. It will no longer give the same taste as it did the first time. Because I will find everything as if I put it with my hand.
I also read the producer's message. He seems to accuse everyone who comments and requests here of criticizing the game.
There is something he forgot. What makes this game unforgettable is that people can struggle to survive for a long time with limited resources. If the game had not had this success, they would not have received positive comments and would not have reached the number of players they boast about today. And I would remind you that one of the game achievements is "Survive 500 days". I have over 1400 hours of play time for the TLD. I have the right to make some suggestions. Everyone who buys the game has the right.
In my personal opinion; Perceiving these as hostile attitudes and giving unprofessional answers is "unbecoming of a TLD producer."
I am a web designer, I make dynamic websites. Therefore, I know that not everything is easy in the software business. I'm sure the gaming business is much harder. But instead of responding to forums, producers should use forums as a mechanism to filter ideas.
Now for the last word;
The Industrial Mine zone alone offers nearly the same playtime as the Cyberpunk 2077 dLC. In this respect, the TLD DLC is very, very good.
I never said maps were bad. On the contrary, both maps are very beautiful. This is why I feel sorry for the efforts. A few small details could make these maps very useful.
It is certain that the maps will not give the same pleasure in the second run as they did in the first exploration. Because I know the maps now.
So, would it be bad if something special could be produced in these new maps? For example, the effort put into the long-range train line could have been used for a new in-game item. Of all the players Mr. Raphael van Lierop mentioned, I don't know who would object to this.
And.
Dear Mr. Raphael van Lierop, let me give you a little hint that you may not know. Almost all TLD players have other games they like and play them too. You don't need to make a suggestion (probably Erzurum). And if you are considering a new dlc, rest assured that I am ready to buy it. All you have to do is use the Forum only for reading, not for replying to users. You are a good game producer, but you are not a good orator. The art of conversation is another field.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kimmer said:

I would remind you that one of the game achievements is "Survive 500 days".

Yes, this. 💯

Or, put another way: If the point of the game was dying, then why even try to survive? Long-time survival is a perfectly valid goal in a survival game.

The permadeath mechanic should never be an excuse to nuke or cripple long-running older saves.

• Upvote 2

I just got done of Buried Echoes.  Hinterland, well done!!!  The story was very engaging,  There are parts of the mine I never explored just as I didn't want to waste the canisters I had found in the region.  I have loot that is strewn about that I will need to collect and take back to FA.  I can't wait to see the wrap up of this with the final Tale.

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, snowmeow said:

Yes I noticed this. Placed a pot on it and when I came back the fire barrel was gone and my pot was floating!

Yea also the metal box in the door and the dead guy upstairs, apparently that guy is just sleeping and he steals the barrel and box every few days 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

15 minutes ago, Lumiiyx said:

I just got done of Buried Echoes.  Hinterland, well done!!!  The story was very engaging,  There are parts of the mine I never explored just as I didn't want to waste the canisters I had found in the region.  I have loot that is strewn about that I will need to collect and take back to FA.  I can't wait to see the wrap up of this with the final Tale.

There are additional canisters down in some of those zones think in total I found around 20 I still have 9.5 left after clearing everything do with that what you will ☺️👍

5 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

There are additional canisters down in some of those zones think in total I found around 20 I still have 9.5 left after clearing everything do with that what you will ☺️👍

I explored almost all of it.  The only spots left unexplored are some of the passages to get to the control room.  I doubt there is anything that is worth going down those passages for.  I don't plan on leaving the Far Territory on this save, I'm going to go back to FA, and live on Drift Island until the next tale.  So I don't plan on going to the other regions for canisters. However, I started up a Custom save.  I'm going to do SV and BE again, but I will probably doing more exploring of Great Bear and start setting up safe house/caves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lumiiyx said:

I explored almost all of it.  The only spots left unexplored are some of the passages to get to the control room.  I doubt there is anything that is worth going down those passages for.  I don't plan on leaving the Far Territory on this save, I'm going to go back to FA, and live on Drift Island until the next tale.  So I don't plan on going to the other regions for canisters. However, I started up a Custom save.  I'm going to do SV and BE again, but I will probably doing more exploring of Great Bear and start setting up safe house/caves.

There’s a variant item down there if you got it then yea not much other reason to go stomping around down there. I was doing the same in my run but decided to go on a scavenger hunt to find the flasks I’ll let you know if I find any canisters in the wild 😂

On 12/15/2023 at 7:07 PM, kimmer said:

I visited the Industrial Mine area. I also completed the buried echoes quests. After burying the security chief's bones, I grabbed what I needed and quickly left the area.
The map offers a very different experience. The TLD has a variety of challenges we're not used to, and they're nice. However, unfortunately the map is still disposable. Even further.
I came to the region very prepared. I carried approximately 20 kg of food and canned drinks. On the way back there was nothing left to eat. It took days to figure out what to do to get down into the deep mine. The fog never stopped the entire time I was on the map. There are no deer in the area. I only found one rabbit. The wolves are nothing like the wolves I am used to, they are extremely aggressive. It was a great experience. I barely escaped with my life in the area where the crashed helicopter was, but I could not save my trousers.
Yes, the map is great, but if you have started a new game, the map can be visited again, there is no reason to go again in the current game, on the contrary, there are many reasons not to go.

Let's say I started a new run. It will no longer give the same taste as it did the first time. Because I will find everything as if I put it with my hand.
I also read the producer's message. He seems to accuse everyone who comments and requests here of criticizing the game.
There is something he forgot. What makes this game unforgettable is that people can struggle to survive for a long time with limited resources. If the game had not had this success, they would not have received positive comments and would not have reached the number of players they boast about today. And I would remind you that one of the game achievements is "Survive 500 days". I have over 1400 hours of play time for the TLD. I have the right to make some suggestions. Everyone who buys the game has the right.
In my personal opinion; Perceiving these as hostile attitudes and giving unprofessional answers is "unbecoming of a TLD producer."
I am a web designer, I make dynamic websites. Therefore, I know that not everything is easy in the software business. I'm sure the gaming business is much harder. But instead of responding to forums, producers should use forums as a mechanism to filter ideas.
Now for the last word;
The Industrial Mine zone alone offers nearly the same playtime as the Cyberpunk 2077 dLC. In this respect, the TLD DLC is very, very good.
I never said maps were bad. On the contrary, both maps are very beautiful. This is why I feel sorry for the efforts. A few small details could make these maps very useful.
It is certain that the maps will not give the same pleasure in the second run as they did in the first exploration. Because I know the maps now.
So, would it be bad if something special could be produced in these new maps? For example, the effort put into the long-range train line could have been used for a new in-game item. Of all the players Mr. Raphael van Lierop mentioned, I don't know who would object to this.
And.
Dear Mr. Raphael van Lierop, let me give you a little hint that you may not know. Almost all TLD players have other games they like and play them too. You don't need to make a suggestion (probably Erzurum). And if you are considering a new dlc, rest assured that I am ready to buy it. All you have to do is use the Forum only for reading, not for replying to users. You are a good game producer, but you are not a good orator. The art of conversation is another field.

You are literally criticizing the game. Your issues with the dlc regions are not bugs, they are not technical, they are not feedback with any substance, you now for the second time, are just saying the region is bad in that it’s “forgettable” or “disposable” because you personally, one individual out of 11million players, thinks it’s bad and that the devs should just shut up and make the game how you want. You don’t speak for even a fraction of a fraction of players when you speak of the support that built this game over the last decade and seriously, the AUDACITY, in your last post about the airfield you accused folks who don’t see your pov as Stan’s and shills for hinterland now you’re directly criticizing the founder who gave us this amazing game,

from the bottom of my heart if you don’t like it play “the other games you like and play” and leave us that appreciate hinterland and hope for more dlcs in peace, why would they believe you want to buy future dlc if you’re just going to criticize that as disposable and a waste of effort as well?  Let’s see how this post ages when mountain pass releases, will it be round three of “it’s disposable because it’s hard” 

32 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

There’s a variant item down there if you got it then yea not much other reason to go stomping around down there. I was doing the same in my run but decided to go on a scavenger hunt to find the flasks I’ll let you know if I find any canisters in the wild 😂

If there is a variant down the passages, I missed it.  Not too worried about it either.  I have a variant rifle (Vaughn's), miner's flashlight and Sport Bow.  The only variants that I am interested in is the Curator's Rifle, the Woodwright's Bow, and the Spelunker's Lantern.  Perhaps when I do BE on my Custom, I'll take a closer look around, now that I know where to go.  I won't waste any of the canisters.

• Like 1

If there is a variant down the passages, I missed it.  Not too worried about it either.  I have a variant rifle (Vaughn's), miner's flashlight and Sport Bow.  The only variants that I am interested in is the Curator's Rifle, the Woodwright's Bow, and the Spelunker's Lantern.  Perhaps when I do BE on my Custom, I'll take a closer look around, now that I know where to go.  I won't waste any of the canisters.

It’s a duplicate of one you have 

Good to know. Thank you :D  I guess I won't bother searching for it later LOL.

Still worth having down the road if you’re using it til it breaks, down in the hundred level sections to narrow your journey a bit, side note did you get the bug that duplicated some variants? I found two more vaughns in its spawn spot for my run last night hunting for flasks

4 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

Still worth having down the road if you’re using it til it breaks, down in the hundred level sections to narrow your journey a bit, side note did you get the bug that duplicated some variants? I found two more vaughns in its spawn spot for my run last night hunting for flasks

No, I didn't have that bug.  That would have been crazy hahah.  I did have the brothless stew bug though.  I normally play on Pilgrim so I'll have tons of cleaning kits and I never use the revolvers.  I'll keep it on the back burner in case I want to keep a rifle in every 2-3 regions.

On 12/16/2023 at 1:07 AM, kimmer said:

Now for the last word;
And.

As much as I disagree with Raph's stance on long term survival, he's just as free to voice his own opinion on the matter as anyone else.

Seems like this topic has run its course, so we're locking this thread. You're more than welcome to continue discussing Part Four content in the appropriate TALES subforum.

Please remember to avoid assumptions and guessing. Keep your thoughts, opinions, and views constructive and positive. As another reminder, there is a lot of information that has been covered in the latest Dev Diary as well. 

Thank you 

• Upvote 6

• Admin locked this topic