TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, PART FOUR IS HERE!

Admin

On 12/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, Admin said:

Fixed an issue where dead Bears continued to emit breathing effects.

I will miss that. It added the questioning of the survivor mental health to the game. Imagine you are year or two alone in the frozen land. I think to hear freshly killed bear is pretty possible.

And for the list of fixed issues: Hats off.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Is it me or it seems there aren't any game-breaking bugs in this one? Or is it too early to say?

I started a new run, not wanting to risk my existing one, but after 8-10 hours of play, it does look safe...

Unless you count my game being completely broken and unplayable you mean? 🙃

@Admin Could I please get a response?  My game is 100% unplayable.  I play through the xbox app on PC and the DLC makes the game not load past the disclaimer screen.  I've opened a ticket but just got a 'yeah we know'...is there any idea when I'll be able to play again?  I'd play on my Series X, but it's making me buy the expansion again after I've already bought it.  What gives?  I'm locked out of new content all together with no explanation or help.

34 minutes ago, Admin said:

Alerting the team of this, sorry this is happening to you. Can you also submit a support ticket, please? https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I've submitted a ticket for the door at bountiful outlook  but I will do that one too.

I should mention that my son had no problem getting out of the bountiful door from the other side .

Thank you .   

I've been watching him explore and I love the place..great work😊 

I hope I can go back there one day soon.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DarthCannabis1 said:

@Admin Could I please get a response?  My game is 100% unplayable.  I play through the xbox app on PC and the DLC makes the game not load past the disclaimer screen.  I've opened a ticket but just got a 'yeah we know'...is there any idea when I'll be able to play again?  I'd play on my Series X, but it's making me buy the expansion again after I've already bought it.  What gives?  I'm locked out of new content all together with no explanation or help.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue. The best way for the team to support you with this is for you to submit a ticket at our Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

исходя из этого, есть ли вообще смысл делать длительные прогоны, пока не выйдут все dlc ? Есть много заявлений “Я”, но я чувствую, что это похожая ситуация для части людей, которые не согласны с решением

Several times we were forced to start a new run, now again. I wondered - what's next?
  I have already lived 6 thousand days on my interloper since the last "reset" - OK, if I reset again now, will I probably need to reset again in a couple of months? We were promised that there would be no more zeroing. It's upsetting.

Is it possible in such situations to just give players the opportunity to choose on their own? HL You have compromised with the players many times and I (and many other people) really appreciate it, I hope you will hear it this time.

@AdminHelp me. Can we hope that it will no longer need to start a new run?
 I apologize for the mistakes in the text.

Edited by Ворожей
Mistakes with the text
  • Upvote 3

Guess it's just typical me that's never happy, but if I look at the known issues I feel like I should wait another month before picking this game back up.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that a game this is old is still being actively worked on and I'm rather fond of the direction the game has taken since the DLC ..... in theory. Because, in all honesty, I haven't felt the overwhelming urge to actually play it a lot, and I haven't even seen the new regions. There's always something broken or another update around the corner that then will break existing things anyways as they always did.

What can I say? 🤷‍♂️ I'll have another look after Christmas when the usual end-of-year patching is done. Maybe then...

Anyways .... thanks for the amount of work you guys put into this. I'm sure you're doing your best.

• Upvote 1

I might be wrong, but making each added/updated mechanic a selectable option could be extremely challenging on the programming side. On the one hand you have to parameterize all the code, while you also have to test all combinations whether they work, make sense, and are balanced together. With just 4 new/updated systems it would mean 16 different combinations. That I’d believe would skyrocket the complexity and I imagine it is already quite an extensive set of code running behind the game we so love. Sometimes we just have to make a decision, to actually be able to progress. (I can imagine scurvy be linked to the number of days passed somehow, and finding the right way to manage that in existing saves could have become a too big hurdle to implement on time - but I do not know the facts).

I’m not the least bit denying or even  downplaying the disappointment some feel about certain options added/not  added to existing saves. We grow fond of our characters, that is a very important element of the game.

I’d just like to highlight the many changes that were done to the game, and I imagine the colossal amount of work invested in it since the latest update. Maybe thinking of that side of the coin too can help alleviate the pain.

I personally am already marveling about all the thought and work put into adding many of the changes to existing saves. Such as thinking through where and how to add things when many containers are already searched. So that existing saves can also benefit from it. I made peace with such efforts may never be fully satisfying for all situations, and actually started a new save after frontier comforts (or rather, after its ‘qol’ update of fixing 150+ bugs), and recently finished the tales in it.

Now I’m to make the decision if I continue on it (as the new region requires tales to be done first) or start over. I’ll probably continue with my existing character, and do the thrill of exploring the new area with all its dangers by a 350 days old stalker run.

Will probably explore scurvy on another run, later. The beginning of a run is also exciting. And we are playing the game, that we love.

Edited by AdamvR

On a completely unrelated note:

IMG_1020.thumb.jpeg.7bd20b5acb64c52769128586d6ca0add.jpeg

[I could probably have received it a lot earlier, but apparently missed the email and the reminder email from the postal service to pay customs online, so they can deliver it. Luckily they sent an actual letter (!) too, so I realized my mistake, and managed to clear it just one day before it would have gotten sent back to Canada… phew. I do love the thoughtfulness of the postal service though]

Thanks HL! ❤️❤️❤️ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

I might be wrong, but making each added/updated mechanic a selectable option could be extremely challenging on the programming side. On the one hand you have to parameterize all the code, while you also have to test all combinations whether they work, make sense, and are balanced together. With just 4 new/updated systems it would mean 16 different combinations. That I’d believe would skyrocket the complexity and I imagine it is already quite an extensive set of code running behind the game we so love. Sometimes we just have to make a decision, to actually be able to progress. (I can imagine scurvy be linked to the number of days passed somehow, and finding the right way to manage that in existing saves could have become a too big hurdle to implement on time - but I do not know the facts).

I’m not the least bit denying or even  downplaying the disappointment some feel about certain options added/not  added to existing saves. We grow fond of our characters, that is a very important element of the game.

I’d just like to highlight the many changes that were done to the game, and I imagine the colossal amount of work invested in it since the latest update. Maybe thinking of that side of the coin too can help alleviate the pain.

I personally am already marveling about all the thought and work put into adding many of the changes to existing saves. Such as thinking through where and how to add things when many containers are already searched. So that existing saves can also benefit from it. I made peace with such efforts may never be fully satisfying for all situations, and actually started a new save after frontier comforts (or rather, after its ‘qol’ update if fixing 150+ bugs), and recently finished the tales in it.

Now I’m to make the decision if I continue on it (as the new region requires tales to be done first) or start over. I’ll probably continue with my existing character, and do the thrill of exploring the new area with all its dangers by a 350 days old stalker run.

Will probably explore scurvy on another run, later. The beginning of a run is also exciting. And we are playing the game, that we love.

I don't think they have to worry too much about whether each option in the Custom Menu is "balanced" with the other options.  The idea is to let the player create whatever "imbalance" they prefer while deviating from the standardized balance used by the devs in the standard difficulty settings and see what happens.  As wide a range to each setting is preferable, IMO.  Sure, not every game mechanic is going to be "selectable", but that HL has offered more selectable options via a custom menu than other games is really the reason I was drawn to this game in the first place.  However, the custom menu hasn't really been updated for a few years now, despite many new mechanics being added to the game.  It desperately needs that attention.

As far as scurvy goes - I'm quite happy with HL's decision to leave it out of older saves.  I do wish they could have still updated the food descriptions to include their vitamin C content, just to help players using old saves learn what HL is counting towards scurvy prevention.  I don't think that would have hurt anything for anyone.

The mechanic I don't really like is the new harvesting one.  I felt the old was was well balanced to both interloper and beginning players in easier difficulties.  Adding in a "you must dress this animal first with an appropriate tool" just seems to me to be adding complications for the sake of complications.  For me, that sort of thing only makes a game more tedious and more tedium, for me anyways, makes a game less enjoyable.  Challenge, for me, is a different thing entirely.

Playing this evening I discovered/realised that the new carcass harvesting stuff means you can't cancel a meat harvest half way and get half the meat like before. If you cancel then you lose all your progress, but still advance time (like breaking down furniiture).

It's chunks of 0.5kg or nothing, now. No more balancing a 1.6kg ravaged deer into two even 800g steaks ☹️

59 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

On a completely unrelated note:

IMG_1020.thumb.jpeg.7bd20b5acb64c52769128586d6ca0add.jpeg

[I could probably have received it a lot earlier, but apparently missed the email and the reminder email from the postal service to pay customs online, so they can deliver it. Luckily they sent an actual letter (!) too, so I realized my mistake, and managed to clear it just one day before it would have gotten sent back to Canada… phew. I do love the thoughtfulness of the postal service though]

Thanks HL! ❤️❤️❤️ 

You ought to be able to rely on the postal service to send a letter! Glad you got your goodies 😍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SlippedGear said:

5:01 I spy with my little eye Jerimiah's knife!!! Please tell me it has been added to survival, although I did not see it listed in the new features.

They did mention there'd be a few other little surprises along the way.. ..that's neat😊

• Upvote 2

Just found my first Insulated Flask on my custom Save. Lets Goooo!

I added the Location as a spoiler, in case you don't want to be spoiled

It was on Drift Island. On a work bench in the shed area with the barrels

Edited by Lumiiyx
  • Upvote 2

We’re aware of some new bugs and the team is working hard to address them.

Please refer to the Release Notes that are mentioned in our latest update https://bit.ly/3Rt1weR, as they include other Known Issues that will be addressed ASAP.

If you are experiencing something new, not listed in the Known Issues list, please submit a support ticket here: http://hinterlandgames.com/support

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1