TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is Here!

Admin

Ok the updates have solved it, but potential major issue, it seems that all the new containers don’t have anything in them.

I’ve started in broken railroad and swept the repair shed and lodge then moved over the bridge to the new tunnel. Both the new body on the bridge and all containers in the tunnel seem like they’re not connected to any loot tables so I’ve stopped playing for now to avoid ruining the run if I’m supposed to be finding anything unique.

placed items are still spawning like coal, lantern, torches etc but the looot table seems disconnected 

Edited by Skyfarer

Thank you for your patience. 

We have created a helpful Technical FAQ for the Expansion Pass update: 

Thank you for all your support. Understandably, launch days can be quite hectic, but we appreciate the feedback. 

19 minutes ago, SpanishMoss said:

Uh, I'm not sure if this is a development mistake, but one of the cabins outside the Carter Hydro Dam has ALL of the new item variants in one spot??

Totaling 3 rifles a lantern and a bow???

Is this intentional??

@Admin

(I wont spoil what they are)

Same here. My first thought was, oh, must be a holding spot for devs....then I thought those mothercanuckers brought back Fluffy. If so, I will do the LuDivico treatment on all of them and force feed them Canucks games...

LOL!

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to tell if you have the purchased version or the free update?  Steam did the free update, then i bought the expansion pass and got a second download.  Not sure if it took or not, so I'm checking to see if there is a version code or anything I can check....please advise.

1 hour ago, SpanishMoss said:

Uh, I'm not sure if this is a development mistake, but one of the cabins outside the Carter Hydro Dam has ALL of the new item variants in one spot??

Totaling 3 rifles a lantern and a bow???

Is this intentional??

@Admin

(I wont spoil what they are)

This is a bug, and it will be addressed in an upcoming fix. Thanks for flagging! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coil said:

Thanks for the answer and reply.

This is the last time I give Hinterland any of my money.

I feel like I just wasted week's worth of my real life time building up that Survival mode character, only to have it completely erased by an "update." Good update! Even better that it failed to even load initially.

I guess Hinterland expect people to do all the tedious work again for week's of real-life hours? Unbelievable expectation.

Who knows if they'll do the same thing in the future, deleting more of my in-game work with one of their future "updates."

👎  Uninstalling, I'm finished. 👎

Edit: looks like this isn't the first time Hinterland wiped saved games. I guess this is part of their modus operandi: destroy customer's saved games, make them tediously play through it all again. Rinse, repeat. Force them to rebuild everything. Good business model you guys have going there.

You miss out on a fantastic game!

It's your choice anyway. I understand that you are a new player and you haven't read the recent developer's dairy nor some threads here on the forum. It has been mentioned that this update means an end for some saves (not all!). No offense, it could have happened to me too.

Hm, maybe I'm falling for a troll here, what is it all about Hinterland wiping saved games all the time? I'm playing this game for 5 years and none of my saves' got wiped by any update until now, and I knew about it for weaks in advance.

Edited by atomic
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, atomic said:

You miss out on a fantastic game!

It's your choice anyway. I understand that you are a new player and you haven't read the recent developer's dairy nor some threads here on the forum. It has been mentioned that this update means an end for some saves (not all!). No offense, it could have happened to me too.

Hm, maybe I'm falling for a troll here, what is it all about Hinterland wiping saved games all the time? I'm playing this game for 5 years and none of my saves' got wiped by any update until now, and I knew about it for weaks in advance.

Only other save wipe I remember was a long time ago, back when they introduced the stamina mechanic to the game. Another major gameplay update. I lost a game I'd played for many, many hours when that happened. Is it a bummer? Sure, a little. But again, I knew ahead of time, and in a game without really any kind of permanent saves to begin with, most players get used to starting over.

Maybe other players who have played even longer and/or more consistently than I have can remember another save wipe but this is only the second one in my memory and I think I started playing in 2014?

• Upvote 1

Got the update... checked on my event & challenge badges; all still there.  :D 
My progress in Wintermute appears intact as well. 

Feats were good also (though I really don't use them)... the last feat for me to earn, "Shot to the Heart" was still at 38% (I'll get to finishing unlocking that one someday 🤭).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
All-in-all the update and expansion installs went very smoothly for me.

I read there had been some issues early in the day... looks like those have been mostly ironed out.
There weren't any issues that I noticed anyway.  Thank you, Hinterland!

• Upvote 1

To answer the person who asked if they will be wiped with each new update, no they will not. Hinterland specified that it was because of the huge code base changes involved with splitting Wintermute and Survival off from each other - which will make adding to either of them much easier going forward! But there was just no way to do it while maintaining the old saves. There are no more planned save wipes. This is only the second one, in the 7 years that I've been playing, so they have NOT been a common occurrence, and only done when it is absolutely needed, for technical reasons.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, coil said:

Thanks for the answer and reply.

This is the last time I give Hinterland any of my money.

I feel like I just wasted week's worth of my real life time building up that Survival mode character, only to have it completely erased by an "update." Good update! Even better that it failed to even load initially.

I guess Hinterland expect people to do all the tedious work again for week's of real-life hours? Unbelievable expectation.

Who knows if they'll do the same thing in the future, deleting more of my in-game work with one of their future "updates."

👎  Uninstalling, I'm finished. 👎

Edit: looks like this isn't the first time Hinterland wiped saved games. I guess this is part of their modus operandi: destroy customer's saved games, make them tediously play through it all again. Rinse, repeat. Force them to rebuild everything. Good business model you guys have going there.

That's an overreaction if I've ever seen one... First off, you can still play with your old saves using steam time capsule option. Second, we've all been warned about it in numerous updates both here and on various stores like steam. And third, do you really think Hinterland "wiped" the saves just for the fun of it? In order to make development faster, they needed to separate story mode and survival, and apparently that entailed making the old survival saves incompatible. If they could, I'm sure they would keep our saves.

Edited by Ghurcb
  • Upvote 2

I  have been wandering BRR for over two hours... can anyone please tell me where the transition zone is??? I am losing my mind! Been wanting to explore the new region all day but you can't spawn in it and I cannot find it for the life of me. Any help? Please?? Thanks in advance from a frustrated and lost wanderer...🥶