TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is Here!

Admin

42 minutes ago, trrp99 said:

I  have been wandering BRR for over two hours... can anyone please tell me where the transition zone is??? I am losing my mind! Been wanting to explore the new region all day but you can't spawn in it and I cannot find it for the life of me. Any help? Please?? Thanks in advance from a frustrated and lost wanderer...🥶

It’s over the old broken bridge, there’s now a rail across the gap allowing you to walk over to a new tunnel to reach the Far Range Branch Line, you can see it from the turnoff for the maintenance shed

• Upvote 1

Fabulous video, and I didn't realise Katie was English!  Hello from the  cold and damp Lincolnshire fens...

More strangely I then realised we have a friend in common, Jason Wilson!  It is a small world.

The expansion looks fantastic, can't wait to try it out when it hits the PS4.

made it to the airfield. I think the atmosphere is a bit off, because there are too many things looking like they are intact and were left behind just yesterday. But it's nice to discover and explore a new region. I especially like the vast open field behind the airfield. I wonder what i will find there

I had some buggy wolves and glitchy limbs. Did anyone have the same experience?

Edited by Karl Grylls

Hello there. Does anyone else have problems with the Wintermute in EGS? When I try to launch Wintermute, the game crashes into the store menu. It's like I haven't got Wintermute.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

image.png.2f9e9f30901bf555f94affe1a24642c0.png

P.S. Survival mode works normally.

Сalling the @Adminfor help.

Edited by Max_Blond

11 hours ago, Avelyan said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to tell if you have the purchased version or the free update?  Steam did the free update,  . . . .

Is there a free update?

I became a bit confused about this release, and I wasn't in a hurry for "TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY", so I didn't read the blurb in detail.   I thought that I'll wait until the new bugs are cleard up.  I am surprised at this mention of a free update.

Is there a free update to the standard TLD?

24 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

made it to the airfield. I think the atmosphere is a bit off, because there are too many things looking like they are intact and were left behind just yesterday. But it's nice to discover and explore a new region. I especially like the vast open field behind the airfield. I wonder what i will find there

I had some buggy wolves and glitchy limbs. Did anyone have the same experience?

After a bit of an explore that kinds to be exactly what happened…sounds like some wee dodgy thing were a happening

16 minutes ago, peteloud said:

Is there a free update?

I became a bit confused about this release, and I wasn't in a hurry for "TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY", so I didn't read the blurb in detail.   I thought that I'll wait until the new bugs are cleard up.  I am surprised at this mention of a free update.

Is there a free update to the standard TLD?

Yup. It adds does and DIY crampons. Also, new item spawns. Also, new player spawns. If you don't want to buy TFTFT, you should probably keep your old saves and stay on 2.02 until more stuff is released.

Edit: Also, visor notes

Edited by Ghurcb

Many people doesn't seem to know that you can play your old save files via the time capsule feature (only on steam). I think Hinterland should spread this more, since i saw some disappointments here. So you can play your old save file like nothing of this has happened

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

Many people don't seem to know that you can play your old save files via the time capsule feature (only on steam). I think Hinterland should spread this more, since i saw some disappointments here. So you can play your old save file like nothing of this has happened

Also, they need to make it clear that consoles were not updated at all this time around.  Console players are still playing on their old saves with none of the updated main game content (no does, no craftable crampons).

• Upvote 2

Hi there, I'm a little bit confused. I'd like to make the purchase on STEAM. What I'm seeing is the DLC, plus two sound tracks and the base game itself. I already have the base game. All of these pieces are separate. I'm not seeing something called Season Pass. Is this DLC it - the current content and the right to updates for the next 12 month for $22?

On 12/5/2022 at 11:13 AM, Mistral said:

In the meantime, besides what was said in the Youtube vid are there any detail patch notes for the actual features included in this first update?

We are working on a change list. Apologies for the delay, and thank you for your patience! 

7 hours ago, Admin said:

FYI - we are working on a list of Known Issues. In the meantime, we released a Hotfix last night that addressed a couple key issues from yesterday: 

We appreciate your patience. 

Still no information for console users - Is the free update (loot refresh, etc. that will force us to start new save files) imminent (i.e. as soon as it clears console certification) or can we expect no update at all until the DLC content is ready for release (late January or February).

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tulkawendark said:

Hi there, I'm a little bit confused. I'd like to make the purchase on STEAM. What I'm seeing is the DLC, plus two sound tracks and the base game itself. I already have the base game. All of these pieces are separate. I'm not seeing something called Season Pass. Is this DLC it - the current content and the right to updates for the next 12 month for $22?

This is the Steam store page for the DLC, it's called The Long Dark: Tales from the Far Territory: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2091330/The_Long_Dark_Tales_from_the_Far_Territory/

Once you have bought it, you can make sure it's installed by right-clicking on TLD in your Steam Library and going to Properties, then DLC (on the left) and making sure the TLD DLC is checked before launching the game.

Good luck and have fun out there in the long cold dark :) :fire:

If you're like me and get lost and frustrated, here's how to get to the new areas:

Go to BR maintenance yard, then to the tracks and follow them to the right across the broken bridge. You'll see a dead guy on the other side of the bridge meaning you're on the right track. The transition zone is the train tunnel.

Once you're in the transition zone, look for the road sign on the side road that says Field 3. Go there and enjoy :)

Yes yes! I just love this DLC update.

Cannot wait to explore Airfield region

BTW i know that you maybe know that but do you have also issue with bug when wolfs are too close? It is a bug in the sound . Sound of wolfs when they are too close is someone cropped/lagging. Anyone else also noticed that?

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Still no information for console users - Is the free update (loot refresh, etc. that will force us to start new save files) imminent (i.e. as soon as it clears console certification) or can we expect no update at all until the DLC content is ready for release (late January or February).

I am presuming the console release is still Feb 2023 as we haven;t heard otherwise, had someone said the console was being released earlier?  I must have missed it!

10 hours ago, chrislacruz said:

I am presuming the console release is still Feb 2023 as we haven;t heard otherwise, had someone said the console was being released earlier?  I must have missed it!

Thank you for reaching out. We are still on track for a release in early 2023. You can find more information on the Expansion Pass website: https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/faq/ 

9 minutes ago, past caring said:

Airfield, Cargomaster's Trailer - the third locker (furthest from the door) will not open - I get the graphic for "searching" but at the end of that the locker does not open.

I think you need a note and /or key.  I might be wrong though

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I think you need a note and /or key.  I might be wrong though

But if so, you'd get a message, same as all the other lock boxes where that is needed.

With this, you get the circular turning graphic that happens when you normally open something - it just doesn't open at the end of it. Either way, something is off.....

24 minutes ago, past caring said:

But if so, you'd get a message, same as all the other lock boxes where that is needed.

With this, you get the circular turning graphic that happens when you normally open something - it just doesn't open at the end of it. Either way, something is off.....

I did see the same thing happen on a stream ,it might even have been the same locker but I'm sure they went back and opened it later.   As I said before though I could be wrong. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Thank you for reaching out. We are still on track for a release in early 2023. You can find more information on the Expansion Pass website: https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/faq/ 

Thank you, but you're still not answering my question... I'm not asking about the DLC release, I'm asking about the free update to the main game as it pertains to consoles.  The update that does the loot refresh and makes it impossible for us to play our old saves.  Is that being done now or is it being held back until the DLC releases?  Going forward, for each subsequent fee update, will they occur at the same time as the PC free updates, or will they lag behind the PC since it appears that the DLC will lag behind the PC releases for the upcoming year by about 2 months for each one?  Alternatively, will the first console DLC release include the stuff in the second PC release (catching up then to the PC)?

You did say that your plans for the console regarding this first DLC release hasn't changed...I get that... it's late January or early February.  The announcement implies, however, that the free update stream is something separate and that is what I'm asking about.

ETA:  You know what - just forget it.  See you in February 2024.  I'll just play something else until then.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1