TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is Here!

Admin

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is here!

Survivors, it’s time to start your adventures in the Far Territory. TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is available now on Steam and Epic Games Store. Purchase and download the Expansion today and start exploring Part One: Forsaken Airfield! 

Part One introduces the brand-new Airfield Region, featuring plenty of open space, a Control Tower, and new mysteries waiting to be explored. For more great details, watch the Part One Update Video below: 

Releasing in multiple Parts over the course of a 12-month campaign, TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY includes both paid updates for those who own the Expansion Pass, and free updates for anyone who owns THE LONG DARK (or SURVIVAL EDITION). Updates are currently planned for release every 8-10 weeks. 

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is available now on Steam and Epic Games Store, and it will be coming to Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch in early 2023. 

Thank you for your ongoing support, Survivors. We are very excited to share this new adventure with you. For more information, including details on availability, pricing, and the full planned content Roadmap, please visit the official Expansion Pass website: https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/

More information: 
Please review to the TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY -- Technical FAQ for answers to common questions: https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/forum/92-technical-discussions/ 

For further technical assistance, please reach out via the Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support 

• Upvote 6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

just a heads up folks, I had to sign out and back in to steam to get the update to start installing after purchasing, seems to be downloading ok now though...

Thanks.  This worked for me too.  I got the "new DLC has been added to your account" message, but it didn't start installing until I restarted Steam.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It did not start the download until about 15 minutes after the purchase and I had already started the game several times - finally the game updated. Now I am also getting that "failure to load il2cpp" error. (This is through Steam) Have restarted and rebooted, no change. There is a thread in the Steam forum where others are experiencing the same issues.

Big releases can be glitchy...fingers crossed its an easy fix!

3 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

yeah across the board, saw this on steam forum (no idea what it means though!) : It's an unspoken law that every unity game in existence has to ship a broken or windows defender quarantined GameAssembly.dll once in it's lifetime. I guess it was time for TLD.

What it means is either HL has done something wrong or window defender is going wild and detecting this DLC as a virus.