TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is Here!

Admin

13 hours ago, romerabr said:

Sad for being second class customer... 

I don't like having to wait either...I wanna play it now. But it's better to wait and get it with less issues than get it now and have major problems like crashing.   Plus companies like Nintendo are notoriously slow at "checking"  games for problems themselves.   

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy4200 said:

Does anyone know when the new map will be out for console? I'm 65 days away from from doing 500 days and dont want it to start me all over.lol

Early February (hopefully) for ps and Xbox. And March for the switch.  

I say hopefully early Feb because pc was early December.  Wishful thinking though🙂

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jeremy4200 said:

Does anyone know when the new map will be out for console? I'm 65 days away from from doing 500 days and dont want it to start me all over.lol

not sure if you are on xbox or PS but you should be able to turn off auto updates to keep that from happening

Edited by Cr41g
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • So are there any actual news about the expansion comming to consoles ???? Its Feb and i cant find any info on when the update will hit. Honestly im so dissapointed with Hinterland over the past couple of months - the lack of communication and company decision to release the update on PC first and keep other customers waiting while others have fun. I have been a PRO player for some time now and know everything about the game, every location by heart - every inch of it. I have stopped playing on dec 5 when the update came out bcoz i didnt see the point in playing anymore. I have beat the game on NOGOA mode up to the point i could survive indefinately - stopped the run on day 114 with everything made and gathered (crutial items)from the entire map. I was hoping for the update to CHANGE something in the old game (actually it is old now) and not just add new region and some minor changes like doe or some new affliction. I was hoping  for GAME MECHANIC changes and engine upgrade so i feel a bit dissapointed. In the meantime i played some other/newer survival games (which i wont mention here in open forum) and was struck how far things went in the genre. I mean the mechanics of it - you can kill yourself by cutting a tree, standing in a wrong position while doing it (killed by a tree fall...). Crafting mechanics, animals to hunt, bases to build...and so on.      With the long dark expansion all that i see is 2 new animals (we dont know when really), new afflition, new regions, some food crafting recipes, some weapon variant but nothing realy serious. No actuall change in game mechanics, no innovations. The Long Dark is a beutifull game but it got old and maybe i was expecting more and that is why im dissapointed. I have seen great games that had bright future end like this and there were similarities with the way the game company communicated with the communtity. I feel like this is the end and nothing really new will happen to the game. There isnt even a detailed roadmap till now with dates when specific impleentations wiil be added. i really wanted to try out the update even if its not what i was expecting but the more i wait and play something else the more i feel my story with TLD ended on dec 5.
  • I know that players still have fun with the game and i dont want to spoil or anything. Please dont criticize me or pull out the "game was free" card. I have bought the physical copy of the game and while i was playing it on game pass i was paying for it and the company got  credit from Microsoft of of that. I was a suporter from 2017 and still TRY to be.

If there is a chance to get answer to this question i will be satissfied:

WHEN will the update hit consoles? specific date - not just February.

Will the update be from dec 5 or maybe withe someting new?

Will the future updates will be the same time on PC and console?

Will there ever be a detailed roadmap for rest of the incomplete update?

Will there ever be serious mechanic changes in the game ? Will it evolve more?

I dont understand how a company dont set up waypoints/checkpoints/dates for the project. I mean how can it be? Im an executive in a large company and owner of a small business and i just can understand how this is a thing. It would be better to set the dates, inform the community/customers and if you fail to deliver just inform that the date will be postponed. No big deal - better than SOON® At least the customers are informed and treated serious.

My post is not intended to vilify anyone. Its just my own personal thoughts and feelings.

• Upvote 1

I would like to know if updates will 'sync' moving forward for PC/console.  not getting the first update at the same time was disappointing but it would be even more so if we continue to be 1-2 months behind PC on all content arriving in the future

• Upvote 1

I know there's no date yet and like you I'm hoping it's soon..  Xbox and the others have to pass the companies as well as htl so it would take longer for us anyway.. 

There are new mechanics coming for cooking and fishing and the animals  spawn etc are due to change too  Hopefully that should keep you entertained a bit,I know it will me but I'm still enjoying it after nearly four years anyway.

There is only so much a game can adapt before it becomes a different game entirely which I personally would never want to happen.    I don't play to try and beat it ,I play just for the simple pleasure and beauty of it..I hope you can get back to feeling how it used to make you feel.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

that's true. But somewhere here in the forum an admin said (maybe a few days ago) that they have to share more informations in the near future. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time i have the feeling that could be a delay, because of several persisiting bugs, like the setback, the snow shelter bug (not 100% fixed afaik) etc. I can imagine that they want to fix that completely before Hinterland releases a new DLC that will almost certainly causes more bugs.

Anyway, we will see

Edited by Karl Grylls

Hätten Sie es für alle Spieler gleichzeitig veröffentlicht hätten sie jetzt keine Doppelbelastung. Einerseits wegen die aktuellen Probleme im Ingame und andererseits Probleme mit dem Release für die Konsole. 

6 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I can't imagine what you console players are going through :(  I feel for ya.

bro its rough! got all excited at announcement and just have to watch pc players post spoilers for 2 months lol.  old runs are useless so it doesnt even feel worth it to play at all 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, odium said:

bro its rough! got all excited at announcement and just have to watch pc players post spoilers for 2 months lol.  old runs are useless so it doesnt even feel worth it to play at all 

Got to agree there ,except I'm kinda enjoying mucking about and taking stupid risks.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2023 at 10:42 AM, James Hickok said:
  •  

If there is a chance to get answer to this question i will be satissfied:

WHEN will the update hit consoles? specific date - not just February.

Will the update be from dec 5 or maybe withe someting new?

Will the future updates will be the same time on PC and console?

Will there ever be a detailed roadmap for rest of the incomplete update?

Will there ever be serious mechanic changes in the game ? Will it evolve more?

I repeat the question. Admin? 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

that's true. But somewhere here in the forum an admin said (maybe a few days ago) that they have to share more informations in the near future. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time i have the feeling that could be a delay, because of several persisiting bugs, like the setback, the snow shelter bug (not 100% fixed afaik) etc. I can imagine that they want to fix that completely before Hinterland releases a new DLC that will almost certainly causes more bugs.

Anyway, we will see

"Near future" can mean a month... or two...

Even if they were to announce something this very evening, there would probably be a couple of weeks gap to it being released anyway (based on their releasw history)

I also have hard time believing they would release the Patch 1 Console updates AND Patch 2 simultaneously, but instead there would be another wait

Edited by Mistral

3 hours ago, Mistral said:

Even if they were to announce something this very evening, there would probably be a couple of weeks gap to it being released anyway (based on their releasw history)

I also have hard time believing they would release the Patch 1 Console updates AND Patch 2 simultaneously, but instead there would be another wait

I could see that happening and i hope it does.  It would feel very bad to be consistently lagging behind PC updates throughout the whole year.

• Upvote 2

I don' understand why Hinterland doesn't learn from it's mistakes. Trancparency is key to customer satisfaction. It's more than 8 weeks after release of the DLC. Given their timeframe they would have at the most 2 weeks to go before releasing the next part. So by now they really have to know, what new features will definitely be in. Even if they are not able or willing to give the exact release date, they should first by now confirm the time span for the release or worst case announce a possible delay and second describe what will be in. Furthermore to prevent release date chaos like last time, why not give access to players to a beta version? They'd gain many eager beta-players who certainly would't get angry if they encounter bugs or some things simply don't work as intended. For example Creepy Jar did that with Green Hell in their most recent expansion, and the players were delighted. So many beta-testers for free, and Hinterland doesn't take advantage of that.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mistral said:

I agree with all of your points. At least i will not be surprised if there will be another delay

• Upvote 2

On 2/2/2023 at 12:20 PM, Mistral said:

I ask Hinterland in the forum about the re-opening of the merch store in october 2021. They said the same: "Near future" - the store is still closed and the Admin told me on wednesday to wait another couple of months for more information. You can stop beating the dead horse buddy. I am a fan of the game and I am a very patient person but the creators pushing it to the limit. To quote Astrid: "The longer I wait the worst it'll get." In my opinion the game can not be saved anymore, for me episode 4 was the worst of all, I played it last month. The bad start of the expansion and the lag of communication, the not existing timetable but everything will be good in the "near future". The game has lost all its credibility to me. I wish - man I HOPE SO MUCH - I am wrong, and Episode 5 will be the best of the best of the best and the konsole version of TFTFT will be realeasd smoothly next week and also the roadmap but sadly I realy doubt it.

• Upvote 3