TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is Here!

Admin

The game now loads after moving that file, but does not seem to have the DLC installed. I am going to try to redownload the DLC files. I will report back.

Moving that file seems to work for getting the game to play. That said, messing with files on your C drive can screw up your computer so I would advise against messing with them. I am sure that Hinterland will re-release the files now that they know where the problem is.

For those who are savvy and comfortable with files...

If your game files are in program File (86) here is your path:

C/program files (86)/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/tld_dlc/wintermute

In that tld_dlc folder is a folder called Wintermute. I moved that file baselbb.dll from there into the main TheLongDark folder.

So that gets the game working, but not the DLC...fingers crossed on the next step.

folder-fix-tld.jpg

Edited by FluffyComeHome

Thanks, error is gone now.

But where is my saved Survival mode game? It's not there anymore. Literally put weeks of real life time into building that saved game, and now it's gone?

"New" ? Where's Load? What's going on here? 🤨

screen_e9f9e3d4-99a1-4995-abdc-30535c4ac0e3.png

2 minutes ago, coil said:

Thanks, error is gone now.

But where is my saved Survival mode game? It's not there anymore. Literally put weeks of real life time into building that saved game, and now it's gone?

"New" ? Where's Load? What's going on here? 🤨

screen_e9f9e3d4-99a1-4995-abdc-30535c4ac0e3.png

Yeah, the survival saves are wiped with this update... A bummer but they warned us about that leading up to release.

There will be a time capsule-thing on Steam that lets you play old builds with your old saves, though those versions obviously won't include the DLC areas nor the refreshed loot placements etc.

Edited by BonfireForCrow
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Willy Pete said:

Well now I can't get it to go to my main display, keeps going to my little display >:(

I use multiple monitors and the game launched on another monitor for me too.  I moved it to the main monitor with the windows key shortcut WIN + shift + arrow (left or right).  Restarted the game, and now it remembers the correct monitor like before.  I'm guessing it's just a one-time setup thing.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BonfireForCrow said:

Yeah, the survival saves are wiped with this update... A bummer but they warned us about that leading up to release.

There will be a time capsule-thing on Steam that lets you play old builds with your old saves, though those versions obviously won't include the DLC areas nor the refreshed loot placements etc.

Thanks for the answer and reply.

This is the last time I give Hinterland any of my money.

I feel like I just wasted week's worth of my real life time building up that Survival mode character, only to have it completely erased by an "update." Good update! Even better that it failed to even load initially.

I guess Hinterland expect people to do all the tedious work again for week's of real-life hours? Unbelievable expectation.

Who knows if they'll do the same thing in the future, deleting more of my in-game work with one of their future "updates."

👎  Uninstalling, I'm finished. 👎

Edit: looks like this isn't the first time Hinterland wiped saved games. I guess this is part of their modus operandi: destroy customer's saved games, make them tediously play through it all again. Rinse, repeat. Force them to rebuild everything. Good business model you guys have going there.

Edited by coil
  • Upvote 1

So the game is running and I tried to update again and it wont let me. The interface looks different and there are what looks like new sections on the map, but there are no names and I cannot select them to start there.

I am on Windows 10

As far as playing old saves in the Time Capsule...Will that only work for people that use the Steam cloud to save their games? I only save mine locally. However, after uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I still see my save files in the appdata/Local/Hinterland files. So maybe they will still work in the Capsule. They dont show in the "load" section though, as expected.

start map-tld.jpg

22 minutes ago, ElwasBestFren said:

Anyone else having trouble with the auto walk?

Yep, never realised how much I depend on it until now 

Edit: Actually it seems fine now. Looks to have turned itself off after I enabled it the first time, so I just turned it back on and it's working thus far. 

Edited by FooFooCuddlypoops

11 minutes ago, FooFooCuddlypoops said:

Yep, never realised how much I depend on it until now 

Edit: Actually it seems fine now. Looks to have turned itself off after I enabled it the first time, so I just turned it back on and it's working thus far. 

I never realized it either!! Glad it’s back to working 🙂

2 minutes ago, piorun314 said:

What will happen to today saves after next update ? Will we have fresh start every 10 weeks ?

I seriously doubt that would happen.

Usually we only lose saves when a complete system change happens, and this update was a major overhaul of the basic game structure. When you are playing a game that is early release you might see this happen several times, but I believe this has only happened once or twice since TLD started.

• Upvote 1