TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is Here!

Admin

1 minute ago, turtle777 said:

Same here. I have not seen anyone that had success. Shouldn't a widespread error like this be caught in testing ?

-t

Yeah, it honestly feels like they had to rush it and didn't have time to properly test the Steam update in-house. Unfortunately not an uncommon clash between marketing and development if that's the case, unless they did and someone threw in a last-minute fix after without testing that properly as well? 😕

I'm having the same problem, "Failed to load il2cpp"

Restarting Steam numerous times didn't fix the issue. Verifying game files did not fix the issue.

I'm uninstalling TLD and reinstalling now.

Edit: Full uninstall and full reinstall did not fix the issue. Don't bother trying a reinstallation, fellas. It won't fix the problem. 😔

Edited by coil
  • Upvote 1

Another download kicked in. I waited for it to finish and then logged out of Steam and back in. Still just getting that error.

*Note: I doubt Raph would let there be a huge disconnect between marketing and development. Wizards of the Coast?  Yes,. Blizzard? Yes. Hinterland, Not so much....

I still think it's just a bug that kicked in through the Steam client. jmtc

edited to add: I'm sure they are watching the comments here and on Steam. They have put a lot of work into this so they are probably hovering like a guardian eagle. LoL...and they are probably scrambling to get it fixed asap. I'm not too worried. I know they will take care of us. :) And really...Fatal Error in TLD? It's become a way of life for me, especially in Interloper.

Edited by FluffyComeHome
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FluffyComeHome said:

Another download kicked in. I waited for it to finish and then logged out of Steam and back in. Still just getting that error.

*Note: I doubt Raph would let there be a huge disconnect between marketing and development. Wizards of the Coast?  Yes,. Blizzard? Yes. Hinterland, Not so much....

I still think it's just a bug that kicked in through the Steam client. jmtc

Whatever it is, you'd think there was a way to test that before release?

• Upvote 1