THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.27

Admin

@James Hickok 

"I recommend you to suck it up" is both patronizing and dismissive of my concern in a rude way, get a grip would be almost as well. I can get over it though I would like you to understand that this is not quite right. English is not my native langage either, yet I know anything beginning by "suck it" is not civil.

This :

On 2/1/2024 at 1:49 PM, James Hickok said:

And im not atacking the guy just stating that hes arguments are wrong and tbh silly. "oh i want something but i dont want something, why oh why." 

In this statement, you start claiming that you are not attacking me yet immediatly proceed to do so and portray me as a cry baby.

We both like this game and I understood your point of view even though I don't share it, the rest (above) is out of line. 

Anything that brings new players to TLD is a priority over giving long time players things to keep playing, as sad I can be not finding new interest in TLD through TFTFT.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2024 at 12:39 PM, Leeanda said:

I actually find white over black better for my eyes...    

You can change the colour you use,somehow..

How may I change the colour, please ?

I do think, one thing to remember is, that words written online stand as they are. You can almost be sure, that Your meaning will be received wrong once You use sarcasm or mediocre phrasing. 
For me the tales too were a mixed bag and I can totally understand the decision, not to go for the full experience. 
I do like exploring new areas and I do not need hyperactive wolfs and long poisenous gas passages to spark my my interest. So the current tale felt more like a chore than a benefit I got with the DLC. Now, after finishing the tale, I am quite sure that I will never return to the zone. And that makes me sad. It is the same with Bleak Inlet and Blackrock, where the risks for a long run character are not balanced by anything worthy.
The loot table overhaul was a welcomed thing, giving the early game a change and added a new challenge.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

I'm sorry ,I don't know..   I'm not good with the tech stuff ..  some using Google translate can be seen on here in black on white,maybe try that temporarily.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Fozzy said:

From the main menu, go option / Display -> Last item "IMAGE FILTER"

Edit: ooops, you meant in your browser lol

Edited by JMK
  • Upvote 1

Why lose the travois condition when it is stored in a locker? it is made from deer, maple and guts. they are not losing condition if stored. if you use it, then the condition lose is fine, and a nice item then. but finally i use it 1 time (ML-Transfer pass) store it and in a few days it was destroyed. so i do now the old way by hand :P to expensive

and if if you place it and it is destroyed you can no longer pick it up. you can use it then like a rock cache with 40kg but if this is the case i like to craft a chest :D

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.  Love that we'll be able to harvest rabbits and ptarmigan with our hands again.  Losing a little meat in the process seems like a very reasonable compromise.  (Still waiting for the update to download so I can try it out as I've been away for a bit).

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, diggity said:

Hmm, yes lots of very sensitive, yet ferocious hunter/killers here.   May I suggest "buck up" or "chin up old chap" or perhaps "cowboy up" or even "man up". 

Not sure what you're implying there, but having manners and being polite in real life is a far cry from enjoying a good hunt in a game...  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, diggity said:

ah yes the tone police have arrived - here's a couple more "loosen up" and "lighten up"

It's the forum rules,which I abide by...   Plus my comment wasn't the only one saying it wasn't a polite phrase...   Why you've chosen to try to start an argument is beyond me but I'll not reply any further. I have enough problems in real life .

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

I just quickly scrolled through this post and that's an enormous number of fixes. That's good. Also it's good scurvy can be disabled in the sandbox mode.

incase you guys ever read this I wish to ask that you make custom available for story mode. That would improve my experience with the game.

I started to read this but... I just last month got the updates to the Tales from the Far Territory but then I remembered, I'm playing my 500 day run right now and I'm finding so many new things that I didn't know where in the game and the surprise is so cool after playing for so many years! So I stopped reading lol I get so excited when I find something new after playing since 2017 😁Keep up the great work! 

• Upvote 2

So the patch notes for THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.27 says, “ Fixed an issue which made it difficult to find a valid location to place a Rock Cache.” I am still finding it nearly impossible to put rock caches down, even on perfectly flat surfaces. I can’t even begin to figure out what the difference is between the you-can’t-place-that-here / invalid-location and the it’s-ok, 1 cm to the side. The ok spots seem to be very very tiny and sparse.

And indeed I am having a similar problem with bedrolls that made me think I was going mad for about an hour.

screen_(-178, 96, -1031)_cf789e28-32c9-4466-9968-4cb14a1881b0.png

On 1/25/2024 at 5:50 AM, xanna said:

Condolences to players who were enjoying infinite rifles and no condition/torch loss during carcass harvesting 😛

Now I really don't wanna die on my current save cause then I'll lose my 3 vaugns rifles that I can never get again.

2 minutes ago, Abenico said:

Well get used on people talking like they like - suck it up. World is like it is. 

I'm well aware what the world is like,I've been on the receiving end plenty of times..  I see it as a reason to be better .. manners cost nothing and I see no reason why insulting anyone is necessary ..or why you're so hostile..

I'm sorry you're not happy here.,it's a great community but I wish you well in the future,whatever you do.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2024 at 9:38 AM, Pyroxene said:

I discovered that a certain part of Timberwolf Mountain is completely devoid of sticks and branches?

Apart from near the hut and the birch areas I don't find any ,which area did you mean?

3 hours ago, Pyroxene said:

I was trying to make my way south and I went on a slope and then I couldn't find any sticks ... I died there (in the game, obviously)

Some areas tend to have more branches and limbs rather than sticks.at least for me anyway but I get a lot of weird random bugs.. but there should at least be some branches around for you..  it pays to take coal wherever you go though and try to learn where the caves and hidey holes are if you're not familiar with a place.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1