Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Here is a serie from yesterday due to sheer luck. I shot a wolf in the late afternoon, he fled with my dear arrow. At night, I got out to try to find it, what I found is the dead frozen wolf with my arrow in its jaws but standing with an idle animation (1)

So I made a series of silhouette pics (2,3,4)

Almost froze to death while taking pics as the weather turned to a blizzard so I falled back to a cave (5)

In the morning, the wolf was still there, but it lacked the drama effect of night and snowfall (6)

People criticizing this game graphics don't get it.

deadidle.jpg

wolfsilhouette1.jpg

wolfsilhouette2.jpg

wolfsilhouette3.jpg

cavei.jpg

wolfidlejpg.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Like 3

On 11/13/2019 at 3:33 AM, TheUnknown said:

screen_3b91e06b-4744-4a35-92f9-a04a396095cc_hi.thumb.png.99af42c9278f3d35cef80330f01c6578.pngNighttime shot of the lighthouse during aurora. Taken from in front of the old stone church. Honestly this is the best view i found in game.

When did the big lamp at the top of the lighthouse start lighting up during the aurora? I stopped playing for a little while and came back recently, got really surprised by that. I could have sworn it didn't glow before. Love the eerie way it illuminates the landscape!

6 hours ago, Swales said:

When did the big lamp at the top of the lighthouse start lighting up during the aurora? I stopped playing for a little while and came back recently, got really surprised by that. I could have sworn it didn't glow before. Love the eerie way it illuminates the landscape!

I have no idea. First time i was in Dp during the aurora so sorry i cant tell you when it started up. Im hoping that im at the light house the next time its lit up to get a screen shot from the light house while its lit.

17 hours ago, JMK said:

So I made a series of silhouette pics (2,3,4)

17 hours ago, JMK said:

People criticizing this game graphics don't get it.

Amazing shots!

And yeah, I agree. The folks who want only photo-realistic graphics in games will never get it, and are missing out on a great experience.
I love the unique look of this game. Wandering through this "painterly" world is unique, and special.  

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

My personal favorite of the bunch. 

Thanks for your appriciations guys 😉

Yes, this is my fav too because the closeup kinda puts you in a wolf's dark and cold loneliness perspective, creating a empathy link.

Ultimaty, I realise that empathy with animals and nature is the key of beeing in the wilderness, I guess it is the transcription of this feeling TLD achives so successfully and why I keep going wandering in its world.

Ps: Hinterland, take my money and keep it up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, LkP said:

(I don't know if I didn't remember it, or never went out during aurora here, or if it's a new feature added to the lighthouse)
screen_e93d4393-adf9-473d-be2d-022568794fca_hi.thumb.png.010b57179af83c6c175f51c9d8aa264f.png

I've seen a few screenshots of the LH lit up during an Aurora, and honestly f do not remember it ever doing so before. Looking back through my 5000+ screenshots, for ones with the LH during an Aurora, I cannot find one with the LH lit up like that. I do believe it is new as of 1.60 (or one of the hotfixes after?), and i do think it is awesome. :) 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

I've seen a few screenshots of the LH lit up during an Aurora, and honestly f do not remember it ever doing so before. Looking back through my 5000+ screenshots, for ones with the LH during an Aurora, I cannot find one with the LH lit up like that. I do believe it is new as of 1.60 (or one of the hotfixes after?), and i do think it is awesome. :) 

Yep it's nice. I was busy cooking on that one but I'll stay a bit more in DP to play with the wolves on the next aurora. I wonder how they deal with this moving light. And also to see how it looks from the top.

Edited by LkP

@ThePancakeLady / @LkP
When I previously saw screenshots like those I always just assumed folks were lining the lantern room with... you know, lanterns :lantern:  :D 
I mean that lighthouse (since it's inception anyway) has definitely been one of my favorite places anyways... but now?!
I can't wait to get back there (I'm still working at my personal challenge so it will likely be a while before I get to that region) and see this "in person."

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I'm more excited about this than I would have thought I would be... :) 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@ThePancakeLady / @LkP
When I previously saw screenshots like those I always just assumed folks were lining the lantern room with... you know, lanterns :lantern:  :D 
I mean that lighthouse (since it's inception anyway) has definitely been one of my favorite places anyways... but now?!
I can't wait to get back there (I'm still working at my personal challenge so it will likely be a while before I get to that region) and see this "in person."

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Me too! This is definitely relatively new because I remember being disappointed that the lighthouse didn't work during auroras.

I usually breeze through that region due to feeling trapped by the hostile wildlife occupying every choke point. You have to play like a madman, or a caveman to live there long term! It also doesn't have very good hunting prospects until your cooking level negates parasites. For this reason I hardly experience any auroras there. 

5 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Same here! In one of my slots, my survivor is stationed at The Riken, and since I saw these screenshots I've been waiting for an aurora to happen, but nothing yet! Damn! :D

On 11/15/2019 at 2:24 AM, ThePancakeLady said:

The folks who want only photo-realistic graphics in games will never get it, and are missing out on a great experience.

The best part of stylized graphics is that they're both memorable, unique, and age well! 10 years from now this game would still be beautiful in my eyes and memory, while current photo-realistic games kind of just blend together and will look obsolete. 

• Upvote 2