Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

7 hours ago, stratvox said:

I have noticed that my breath cloud is often red now; I see that you've got that too. I'm wondering if that's a bug because it doesn't really make sense.

What is your warmth meter reading/ And I have only seen my character's breath as red during an Aurora in Survival Mode, which makes me think it shows we may be more affected by the Aurora than we think. Anyone else seen it as red when there is no Aurora in effect, or during daylight hours?

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2019 at 3:14 AM, vidholf said:

(First time on top of Timberwolf Mountain.)

Nice. I just failed (interloper), bitten by a wolf, caught in severe weather (blizzard, -7c in the morning despite the snow shelter + bear bedroll), only survived on a rush fall back using  all the 3 emergency stim I had in a row. Close call.

I'll be back ! (even if I have to go through the Moria lol )

• Upvote 1

Just really liked the muted colors, and the fingernail moon here. And the light of that tiny moon on the landscape, with the deep, deep shadows.

screen_a4889449-4757-44a8-b15c-d13bb8361b32_hi.thumb.png.d3efddc54107f3eccc14d804047797e5.png

screen_89823f4f-8f5c-4212-98a4-a19dcd33746c_hi.thumb.png.708ef49f6996e993ae507caa4dbedd03.png

TFW... you really want that deer carcass, but you know there is a toothy surprise on the other side of that little hillock...

screen_95caf7fe-1dc8-4200-9b61-82ed39b99c9c_hi.thumb.png.dd7ce66ccfe1583fc4627dbe309cee58.png 

Always wondering, just out of pure curiosity, how many other people prefer this path through here, Aurora or not..

screen_93eca5e0-9382-4370-868c-22682e5aa22c_hi.thumb.png.ea4a3cb50b53539af2e089271c7e881c.png

And a little clue about the time period we are in... spoilered for those who don't want to see it, if they have never looked closely at the tombstones in the game yet.

screen_713c418e-c913-43e4-967e-0294f6bc8391_hi.thumb.png.2b7b182e6521e56616220f883e98a1fe.png
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Always wondering, just out of pure curiosity, how many other people prefer this path through here, Aurora or not...

And a little clue about the time period we are in... spoilered for those who don't want to see it, if they have never looked closely at the tombstones in the game yet.

So that's why that path of boards is available down there! I've used it, but never even thought about what it would be like in an aurora. I've only been down in the power station from the main entrance, while an aurora was happening - and, of course, there is a hallway with pipes that is impossible to get past while an aurora is going.

RE: time period - I think I read in one of the Mailbag posts that the decline of the island started before the Collapse, so there's not a clear time period for where we are, playing the game, based on artifacts found. The tombstones, though, do at least put an upper limit on things.

My personal head canon remains that The Long Dark in Survival Mode is what happens to Commander Shepard after the end of the Mass Effect trilogy (if you choose Reaper destruction, and then imagine Shepard recovering, only to go down in a plane over Great Bear Island). 😉

4 hours ago, stay puft said:
5 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Wait. Why are you quoting me as having said that? I didn't say that... @stratvox did.

@ThePancakeLady this is a fault in the forums.... You quoted stratvox and Lohaan quoted the quote you quoted... I hope I made sense there lol

Edited 4 hours ago by stay puft

And yet... I can quote you, quoting me, without switching out the names. It's not an error of the forums, it's an error of bad formatting on the user's part.  🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, stay puft said:
1 hour ago, ThePancakeLady said:

And yet... I can quote you, quoting me, without switching out the names. It's not an error of the forums, it's an error of bad formatting on the user's part.  🤷‍♀️

I don't know how you did that, other people must not know either

Right click and highlight it all, and then click the "Quote Selection" button that comes up at the bottom...

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.084ab7049327cfa024b2b9d11883fa68.png

1 hour ago, stay puft said:

oops deleted my original post...

The Long Dark_20191118221152.jpg

And that's a really nice shot, with the weird orange breath thing happening. I do wonder if that is indeed a bug, or Hinterland trolling us, after so many people called the more opaque breath we had before "Dragon's Breath", lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1