THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.26

Admin

Hello players,

We have just updated THE LONG DARK to version 2.26, build 126828.

This is a Hotfix to THE LONG DARK and THE LONG DARK: SURVIVAL EDITION and contains fixes for issues introduced with our Part Four release.

**Spoilers Below**

Known Issues

The team is currently aware of the following issues in the game. If you encounter one of these issues, there is no need to report it to the Support Portal.

• When starting a new Custom Survival game, Scurvy will be active if ‘Start Gear Load Out’ is set to anything but ‘Very High’.
  • When switching to a fresh Canister with the Respirator and a lit light source equipped, the light source will temporarily extinguish.
  • When placed in areas with steep inclines, the Travois can fall under the ground layer and become unreachable after the player transitions to or from an interior.
  • Players will be unable to transfer stacks of items to a Container if the stack weighs more than the remaining capacity of the Container.
  • Sometimes players will be unable to equip the Respirator from their Backpack. The Respirator can still be equipped through the Radial Menu, under the “First Aid” option.

Bug Fixes

This Hotfix includes fixes for the following issues:

CRASHES

• Fixed an issue where entering or exiting the Langston Mine in the Zone of Contamination from any entrance could result in a crash on Xbox and Playstation.
  • Fixed a rare crash which could occur when interacting with the Security Chief's remains during the completion of the Buried Echoes Tale.

GAMEPLAY, UI, CONTROLS

• Fixed an issue where time spent in the Langston Mine portion of the Zone of Contamination was not reflected in the Survivor's Journal > Stats.
  • Fixed an issue where the Insulated Flask would never be damaged during Struggles.
  • Adjusted Vitamin C content in Fish, so fish of the same species provide more consistent values.
  • Fixed an issue where Polaroids in the Zone of Contamination would not reveal their associated Vista location when picked up.
  • Fixed an issue where Bears would not spawn in multiple locations where they normally should.
  • Fixed an issue where after a Bear Struggle, notifications for new Afflictions would not appear.
  • Fixed an issue where the Buried Echoes Badge would not appear on-screen upon completing the Tale.
  • Fixed an issue where Broth could not be consumed and displayed no Calorie value..
  • Fixed an issue where Broth was no longer needed to Craft Recipes which should require it as an ingredient.
  • Fixed an issue where Broth weighed twice as much as intended.
  • Fixed an issue where Poisoned Wolf Carcasses could disappear after Harvesting them.
  • Fixed an issue where exiting the First-Person Harvest UI for Rabbits or Ptarmigans caused the Carcass to disappear.
  • Fixed an issue where some containers could not be searched in the Langston Mine.
  • Fixed an issue where the Respirator could lose Condition and and in some cases be found in a Ruined state.
  • Fixed an issue where some randomly spawned corpse and container locations would reset or double upon entering and exiting the Concentrator Building in Zone of Contamination.
  • Fixed an issue where the camera could temporarily dip underground when interacting with a Timberwolf Carcass.

ART & ENVIRONMENTS

• Fixed an issue where Travois trails would disappear upon entering and exiting an interior.
  • Fixed an issue where Chemical Hazards would change their level of detail too abruptly, making it look like parts of the pool were appearing and disappearing.
  • Adjusted the tank rail car to better visually match other rail cars.
  • Fixed an issue where a portion of the ceiling in the Langston Mine could appear and disappear based on the Survivor's location.
  • Fixed multiple locations in the Langston Mine where the player could force themselves into terrain, resulting in being able to see out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue in the Zone of Contamination where the player could climb out of bounds and become stuck.
  • Fixed an issue where pipes could be seen intersecting through the wall in the main entrance to the Concentrator Building.
  • Fixed an issue with an exit door inside the Concentrator Building, which resulted in a seam through which the player could see out of bounds.
  • Fixed multiple issues with terrain in the Langston Mine which resulted in gaps through which the player could see out of bounds
  • Fixed multiple issues where terrain and objects intersected in the main entrance to the Concentrator Building.
  • Fixed an issue where collision was missing from a wall in the Concentrator Building, allowing players to fall out of bounds.
  • Fixed multiple issues in the Zone of Contamination to Airfield transition cave where missing or misplaced terrain could allow the player to see out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where a toxic barrel could be found suspended mid-air in the Zone of Contamination.
  • Fixed multiple issues in the Langston Mine which could cause the player to become stuck.
  • Fixed an issue which caused a Toxic Gas warning sign to appear and disappear based on the Survivor's location.

ANIMATION

• Fixed an issue where sometimes when Harvesting a Timberwolf with a Knife, the Knife would be missing from the Survivor’s hand.

AUDIO

• Fixed an issue where the sound effect of turning off a Flashlight was delayed.
  • Fixed an issue where Chemical Hazard ambience and audio would trigger at incorrect times.
  • Fixed an issue where Canisters provided no audio feedback when picked up, dropped, or moved to and from the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where ambient audio suppression was never disabled after listening to Foreman's Site Report Collectables.
  • Fixed an issue where no sound effects would play when automatically reloading a Canister.

Summary & Reporting Issues

Thank you for reading.

If you encounter issues with the game, please report them to our Support Portal at hinterlandgames.com/support.

If you would like to provide feedback or discuss your experiences with the game, with the development team, or other players; please post your feedback in the Official Forums: hinterlandforums.com/forums

If you encounter a crash or issue with the game post-update, please contact us as we can often help players address their issues, and we always strive to! This is more productive than jumping to a negative review.

Please remember that Hinterland is a small independent developer. Our Support Team strives to respond to all reports as quickly as possible, but as you can imagine, releases are our busiest time. We appreciate your patience, and please know the team is looking into your issues and we will resolve them as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we are not able to follow-up with every individual report that is submitted. But we appreciate them all.

Many thanks for your support.

• Upvote 8
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Hello players,

We have just updated THE LONG DARK to version 2.26, build 126828.

This is a Hotfix to THE LONG DARK and THE LONG DARK: SURVIVAL EDITION and contains fixes for issues introduced with our Part Four release.

**Spoilers Below**

Known Issues

The team is currently aware of the following issues in the game. If you encounter one of these issues, there is no need to report it to the Support Portal.

• When starting a new Custom Survival game, Scurvy will be active if ‘Start Gear Load Out’ is set to anything but ‘Very High’.
  • When switching to a fresh Canister with the Respirator and a lit light source equipped, the light source will temporarily extinguish.
  • When placed in areas with steep inclines, the Travois can fall under the ground layer and become unreachable after the player transitions to or from an interior.
  • Players will be unable to transfer stacks of items to a Container if the stack weighs more than the remaining capacity of the Container.
  • Sometimes players will be unable to equip the Respirator from their Backpack. The Respirator can still be equipped through the Radial Menu, under the “First Aid” option.

Bug Fixes

This Hotfix includes fixes for the following issues:

CRASHES

• Fixed an issue where entering or exiting the Langston Mine in the Zone of Contamination from any entrance could result in a crash on Xbox and Playstation.
  • Fixed a rare crash which could occur when interacting with the Security Chief's remains during the completion of the Buried Echoes Tale.

GAMEPLAY, UI, CONTROLS

• Fixed an issue where time spent in the Langston Mine portion of the Zone of Contamination was not reflected in the Survivor's Journal > Stats.
  • Fixed an issue where the Insulated Flask would never be damaged during Struggles.
  • Adjusted Vitamin C content in Fish, so fish of the same species provide more consistent values.
  • Fixed an issue where Polaroids in the Zone of Contamination would not reveal their associated Vista location when picked up.
  • Fixed an issue where Bears would not spawn in multiple locations where they normally should.
  • Fixed an issue where after a Bear Struggle, notifications for new Afflictions would not appear.
  • Fixed an issue where the Buried Echoes Badge would not appear on-screen upon completing the Tale.
  • Fixed an issue where Broth could not be consumed and displayed no Calorie value..
  • Fixed an issue where Broth was no longer needed to Craft Recipes which should require it as an ingredient.
  • Fixed an issue where Broth weighed twice as much as intended.
  • Fixed an issue where Poisoned Wolf Carcasses could disappear after Harvesting them.
  • Fixed an issue where exiting the First-Person Harvest UI for Rabbits or Ptarmigans caused the Carcass to disappear.
  • Fixed an issue where some containers could not be searched in the Langston Mine.
  • Fixed an issue where the Respirator could lose Condition and and in some cases be found in a Ruined state.
  • Fixed an issue where some randomly spawned corpse and container locations would reset or double upon entering and exiting the Concentrator Building in Zone of Contamination.
  • Fixed an issue where the camera could temporarily dip underground when interacting with a Timberwolf Carcass.

ART & ENVIRONMENTS

• Fixed an issue where Travois trails would disappear upon entering and exiting an interior.
  • Fixed an issue where Chemical Hazards would change their level of detail too abruptly, making it look like parts of the pool were appearing and disappearing.
  • Adjusted the tank rail car to better visually match other rail cars.
  • Fixed an issue where a portion of the ceiling in the Langston Mine could appear and disappear based on the Survivor's location.
  • Fixed multiple locations in the Langston Mine where the player could force themselves into terrain, resulting in being able to see out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue in the Zone of Contamination where the player could climb out of bounds and become stuck.
  • Fixed an issue where pipes could be seen intersecting through the wall in the main entrance to the Concentrator Building.
  • Fixed an issue with an exit door inside the Concentrator Building, which resulted in a seam through which the player could see out of bounds.
  • Fixed multiple issues with terrain in the Langston Mine which resulted in gaps through which the player could see out of bounds
  • Fixed multiple issues where terrain and objects intersected in the main entrance to the Concentrator Building.
  • Fixed an issue where collision was missing from a wall in the Concentrator Building, allowing players to fall out of bounds.
  • Fixed multiple issues in the Zone of Contamination to Airfield transition cave where missing or misplaced terrain could allow the player to see out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where a toxic barrel could be found suspended mid-air in the Zone of Contamination.
  • Fixed multiple issues in the Langston Mine which could cause the player to become stuck.
  • Fixed an issue which caused a Toxic Gas warning sign to appear and disappear based on the Survivor's location.

ANIMATION

• Fixed an issue where sometimes when Harvesting a Timberwolf with a Knife, the Knife would be missing from the Survivor’s hand.

AUDIO

• Fixed an issue where the sound effect of turning off a Flashlight was delayed.
  • Fixed an issue where Chemical Hazard ambience and audio would trigger at incorrect times.
  • Fixed an issue where Canisters provided no audio feedback when picked up, dropped, or moved to and from the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where ambient audio suppression was never disabled after listening to Foreman's Site Report Collectables.
  • Fixed an issue where no sound effects would play when automatically reloading a Canister.

Summary & Reporting Issues

Thank you for reading.

If you encounter issues with the game, please report them to our Support Portal at hinterlandgames.com/support.

If you would like to provide feedback or discuss your experiences with the game, with the development team, or other players; please post your feedback in the Official Forums: hinterlandforums.com/forums

If you encounter a crash or issue with the game post-update, please contact us as we can often help players address their issues, and we always strive to! This is more productive than jumping to a negative review.

Please remember that Hinterland is a small independent developer. Our Support Team strives to respond to all reports as quickly as possible, but as you can imagine, releases are our busiest time. We appreciate your patience, and please know the team is looking into your issues and we will resolve them as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we are not able to follow-up with every individual report that is submitted. But we appreciate them all.

Many thanks for your support.

I noticed about the flask there isn’t mention in the known or resolved bugs about it not being repairable, is that by design then?

1 hour ago, Admin said:

The Respirator can still be equipped through the Radial Menu, under the “First Aid” option.

However, I noticed that if you have a lot of medical items in the inventory the respirator won't show up. It would be helpful if you could tick a "add to radial" checkbox to make sure it's always there.

• Upvote 2

• Hinterland
3 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Oof ☹️ I’ve lost 12% in just over 20 days are they supposed to decay THAT bad?

re: Insulated Flask Condition loss -- will double/triple-check the implementation, but the design was for the Flask to only lose Condition from Falls and potentially Struggles. It should not decay naturally, or at least not noticeably.

• Upvote 10
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

re: Insulated Flask Condition loss -- will double/triple-check the implementation, but the design was for the Flask to only lose Condition from Falls and potentially Struggles. It should not decay naturally, or at least not noticeably.

Maybe I’ve just taken more tumbles/scuffles than i remember, thanks for the reply I’ll keep an eye on them and see if they decay left in storage,  I have 2 now 👍

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Now that's great to here! Thanks for clarifying.

9 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

from FALLS??

What the hell, it's a flask! no other item takes damage like this

• Like 1

@Leeanda
Agreed... I think the flask losing condition from falls and struggles is fair.
Clothing Items tear/loose condition from falls, so there's certainly precedent for it.
With recycled cans, cooking pots, and skillets... they lose condition when a food item "burns" or batch of water "boils off."

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Point is, despite other people's gripes... I agree with you.  The tradeoff seems more than fair considering its proportionally massive benefit.  I think that the implementation that Raph spoke of is a good one.

Edited by ManicManiac
Corrected... Pots and Skillets are indeed repairable. I had forgotten that detail.
  • Upvote 4