Admin

Question Thread :: Milton Mailbag

This has probably been asked before, but the Milton Mailbag has become so large that I find myself unable to scan it completely, and due to time restraints (work etc.) I have not been able to follow it for some time. So, that said, here is my question:

Since the very first time I played the game (a loooong time ago), the cars had hoods which could be opened, and the car battery would have a very conspicuous appearance, as if it was MADE to be taken out or tampered with in the game. However, that never materialized (at least until I last played the game). Was there a plan to make the car battery a feature long ago? If so, what was the plan? And why was it abandoned? Or is the battery still going to be a thing at some point?

Thanks in advance for any potential answer and, yes, thanks for everything in general. Great game.

• Upvote 1

Posts removed for Episode 3 spoiler content. Asking general Episode 3 questions is fine but too many people still have yet to play Episode 3 for spoiler content outside of the WINTERMUTE forum. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

First of all, Milton Mailbag seems to have died, but I’m writing it anyway.

Secondly, I love the game, and I’m personally happy for buying it and it delivered amazing value compared to current scene of games.

Finally, the question: do you guys think of the Early Access as a necessary evil that will be avoided in the future? I see that Hinterland suffered and still suffers criticism from the community for not releasing a completed game (story mode wise), and it gets bombarded with a storm of requests for new items. I don’t think that it is fair, the game is great as it is, and for example I don’t see anyone messaging Electronic Arts complaining about FIFA 20 (these sport franchises get away with 60 dollars every year for half baked games full of bugs). I honestly think that all of these started with Early Access, which made it look like the community could have their wildest dreams come true. On another hand, I think Hinterland handles communication poorly, like the release countdown that should never been put in place; jumping into reddit and later leaving; or calling long standing game mechanics as “exploits”, as if the players were evil hackers that are breaking the game. Anyway, the community is not used to such open channels for communicating with the developers, and the developers are not used to them either. I don’t think that Hinterland’s next game should be released like everyone else is doing it: full release at once, with no community engagement, full of bugs, with DLCs from day one. But I don’t know if either side learned their lessons by now.

Edited by maverick
Mistake and rephrasing
  • Upvote 1