Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

No recipes at the lodge or lighthouse.   Lily's pancake recipe was invisible and I only found it because the white dot picked it up.

I also didn’t have the lighthouse one spawn I still need to check for breyerhouse dockworkers and Camber the rest did spawn, hopefully they’re able to change the spawns or something to get them and momentos into existing saves, most of the bugs don’t bother me these only frustrate me because im trying to do a run where I successfully collect all the collectable items (cairns, notes, buffer, variants, Polaroids and recipes) so discovering any of them haven’t spawned kind of instantly nulls the attempt 

5 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

I also didn’t have the lighthouse one spawn I still need to check for breyerhouse dockworkers and Camber the rest did spawn, hopefully they’re able to change the spawns or something to get them and momentos into existing saves, most of the bugs don’t bother me these only frustrate me because im trying to do a run where I successfully collect all the collectable items (cairns, notes, buffer, variants, Polaroids and recipes) so discovering any of them haven’t spawned kind of instantly nulls the attempt 

I know it's a bit frustrating , going from one end of the map to another to find nothing does sting a bit. I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as they can though...   

I've never  found more than half the cairns in a run so good luck with that. I think it's probably the hardest thing to do.

27 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I know it's a bit frustrating , going from one end of the map to another to find nothing does sting a bit. I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as they can though...   

I've never  found more than half the cairns in a run so good luck with that. I think it's probably the hardest thing to do.

I hope they will, we’ve been having the momento problem since update 2 and now recipes are having some trouble too it can’t be an easy diagnosis since it’s random recipes and momentos not spawning sometimes you get one or two visors sometimes you get none some got all recipes some got some, some got none bugs like that can’t be easy to hunt Carins Definitely is always the last one to check off I was close in my 1000 day before blackrock bricked my save I had in the 140s of the 165, notes are a little confusing right now because tales didn’t have its own notes like momentos so now there’s the 25 original left behinds and I think 14 with tales unless I haven’t found a note in airfield this run but I’m at 39/25 haha 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Enigmaecho said:

I hope they will, we’ve been having the momento problem since update 2 and now recipes are having some trouble too it can’t be an easy diagnosis since it’s random recipes and momentos not spawning sometimes you get one or two visors sometimes you get none some got all recipes some got some, some got none bugs like that can’t be easy to hunt Carins Definitely is always the last one to check off I was close in my 1000 day before blackrock bricked my save I had in the 140s of the 165, notes are a little confusing right now because tales didn’t have its own notes like momentos so now there’s the 25 original left behinds and I think 14 with tales unless I haven’t found a note in airfield this run but I’m at 39/25 haha 

Lol..  you have been busy.😊.   I've only done half the tales as I can't go to forsaken ,cairns are ridiculously low considering how much ground I've covered, . The only things I've done are mapping  the original maps before BlackRock,half the buffers.. I get confused about them and the notes.. 😁

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol..  you have been busy.😊.   I've only done half the tales as I can't go to forsaken ,cairns are ridiculously low considering how much ground I've covered, . The only things I've done are mapping  the original maps before BlackRock,half the buffers.. I get confused about them and the notes.. 😁

A lot becomes muscle memory haha I remember pretty much all the note locations and random Carins that excited me to find buffers are a pain in the butt because they have to cycle so you have like a 20-25% chance to get one you need any given phase of the aurora so if you have an all night you can go in at 9 Check leave wait til after midnight check leave wait til after 3 check leave and then a small window from 6- sunrise, I think the upper dam is hardest because once you’re in the room you’re trapped you only get one shot per aurora, Polaroids I hit or miss sometimes I find them with big payoff sometimes I’ve already mapped the whole region before stumbling on 😂

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

A lot becomes muscle memory haha I remember pretty much all the note locations and random Carins that excited me to find buffers are a pain in the butt because they have to cycle so you have like a 20-25% chance to get one you need any given phase of the aurora so if you have an all night you can go in at 9 Check leave wait til after midnight check leave wait til after 3 check leave and then a small window from 6- sunrise, I think the upper dam is hardest because once you’re in the room you’re trapped you only get one shot per aurora, Polaroids I hit or miss sometimes I find them with big payoff sometimes I’ve already mapped the whole region before stumbling on 😂

Lol....

Oh I know the dam is awkward....  But my problem is reading the amount right... For example I was in broken railroad and over that night I got 3 from each computer but when I looked on the page it still said I needed loads from that map.. I know there aren't that many in broken though..

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol....

Oh I know the dam is awkward....  But my problem is reading the amount right... For example I was in broken railroad and over that night I got 3 from each computer but when I looked on the page it still said I needed loads from that map.. I know there aren't that many in broken though..

Hmm that is strange for sure should only be the 9 between the inside and outside of the maintenance shed right?

1 minute ago, Enigmaecho said:

Hmm that is strange for sure should only be the 9 between the inside and outside of the maintenance shed right?

They're the only buffers I know of in broken and I never get more than five on either of them.. 

2 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

Maybe incorrectly displaying known as new or not registering new as logged?

They register on my screen when I get them so maybe it's just in the collectables page they're not

I do have a bug in the diary/journals etc at the moment so that could be messing it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Not sure if there are more than three possible sites for the miners light but I haven't found it in the three mentioned on ytube..  not sure if it's a bug or there's somewhere else I'm missing.

I have been going on the assumption that people making the videos are datamining the locations to get videos out so fast and on that if I don’t find the item I check the vids then I recheck where they say if it’s not there I assume it’s bugged that is what has happened a bunch to me sometimes it’s vaugns others it’s woodrights or all of them don’t 

2 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

I have been going on the assumption that people making the videos are datamining the locations to get videos out so fast and on that if I don’t find the item I check the vids then I recheck where they say if it’s not there I assume it’s bugged that is what has happened a bunch to me sometimes it’s vaugns others it’s woodrights or all of them don’t 

I know, there's one ytuber who's had so many out I didn't know where to start.😁.  I've checked with others too but the three possible sites were done by several people .and all saying the same thing.. I've checked and triple checked them but it's not there..    I wouldn't really use it but it would've been nice to just get it as a trophy..  and it's a long walk to find nothing again..  the burdock seems to be  mostly non existent too but apparently someone else had the same issue until they got to one map and found loads ..  

On 6/30/2023 at 12:04 PM, Stranzua said:

I just had 2 boxes of 100% condition crackers disappear out of storage overnight. I've never had an issue with inventory or storage items disappearing even though there were times I swore that I had something and just wrote it off as a mistake on my part. However, this makes me wonder how many times this might have happened and just didn't notice.

Yes, i keep having food vaporize and disappear too. Potatoes several times.🤢

11 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

No dockworkers either…sighhhh

I know the feeling.... 

But then I have a beautiful morning or a nice cosy night and just sigh with contentment 

The views alone are worth it ,in my opinion anyway😊

Has anyone had an issue with scent? Sometimes I can be carrying 1 cooked piece of meat and wolves will come barreling straight toward me. It doesn't always happen, but wolf activity seems to increase if I'm carrying any meat even if the scent meter hasn't gone up at all.  

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Asinine said:

Has anyone mentioned the "feature" of harvesting meat (no matter the amount) resulting in 1kg?

Yup, @TwoFatCatz mentioned it the other day, and I confirmed it myself with a ptarmigan mishap last night. Little bitty pieces become full chunks when cooked.

Edit: Oh and incidentally, I now have an appreciation for the little carry weight buff foods like dockworker cakes grant. 3kg isn't much, but it allowed me to climb back up to Paradise Meadows without needing to make two trips. So on this day at least, the buff actually was helpful. I do maintain my stance though that a temporary 3kg buff isn't going to be useful on any given day, it's highly context-specific.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

To be irritatingly precise, my observation is that a small piece of meat will magic in to 1kg, not when you harvest it, and not when you cook it, but when you take the cooked meat into your inventory from the fire.

I noticed that when I clicked the cooked meat on the fire and got the information overlay it still said 0.71kg, but it was when I clicked again to 'take it' and looked in my inventory it said 1kg.

image.thumb.png.fb185d0933cad4497c6a782ab7771574.png

Makes me want to investigate: what happens if I cook direct on a stone and then right-click to place the meat on the ground (ie, never use the 'take it' option from the information overlay), and what happens if I click the meat and go straight to eating some without it going in my inventory.

Maybe I will science today!

Edited by xanna
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xanna said:

To be irritatingly precise, my observation is that a small piece of meat will magic in to 1kg, not when you harvest it, and not when you cook it, but when you take the cooked meat into your inventory from the fire

Bravo, THIS is good science.

1 hour ago, xanna said:

Maybe I will science today!

NEVER F-ING STOP

• Upvote 1

In regards to the whole cooked meat becoming 1kg, like I mentioned the other day. I did however notice that the calories are off and don’t stack with your level. Venison for example only 800 calories compared to 1000 calories.

@ajb1978 just on a note the simple pies (pigeon, rabbit and Venison) have the same buff but require fewer ingredients and no negative effects. So 3kg carry weight for 3 hours.

• Upvote 2