Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

15 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Reloading this morning seems to have fixed it ...so far.

thats an older bug that drives me crazy. You will need to restart the game to fix. Just going back to the main menu is not enough. It is triggered when you have one of those pages open (cairn location etc) and tab to the right or left. To make this not happen you need to make sure you back out of those little menus (B button on xbox) and then tab left or right. 

Edited by Dugclimbstrees

3 hours ago, Dugclimbstrees said:

thats an older bug that drives me crazy. You will need to restart the game to fix. Just going back to the main menu is not enough. It is triggered when you have one of those pages open (cairn location etc) and tab to the right or left. To make this not happen you need to make sure you back out of those little menus (B button on xbox) and then tab left or right. 

I didn't realise that it's been around for a while.  I haven't had any issues with the collection pages til now...   I haven't tried to do faithful cartographer since I first started playing several years ago... Thanks for letting me know.😊

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the can't harvest bear bug again today but with a twist.....  Instead of using a torch I shot an arrow at it...  It then went flying up into the sky (which was hilarious😅). And made scared running away noises..  I waited a minute looking up..and when I looked down it was there again,still making noises. So I went inside for an hour and when I came out it'd disappeared.  

It's my first flying bear 😁

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2023 at 7:37 AM, Leeanda said:

Had the can't harvest bear bug again today but with a twist.....  Instead of using a torch I shot an arrow at it...  It then went flying up into the sky (which was hilarious😅). And made scared running away noises..  I waited a minute looking up..and when I looked down it was there again,still making noises. So I went inside for an hour and when I came out it'd disappeared.  

It's my first flying bear 😁

@Leeanda -- thank you for posting. Are you still experiencing the harvesting issue? We believe this is resolved, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you run into any other issues! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Admin said:

@Leeanda -- thank you for posting. Are you still experiencing the harvesting issue? We believe this is resolved, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you run into any other issues! 

I haven't done any since the update but I'll let you know if there's any problems... 

Thank you.

Sad I've lost my huge pile of branches in the winding river/pv cave though😁.  They always made me smile

On 4/3/2023 at 10:49 AM, Jalos said:

NON OFFICIAL list of problems known myself (because no official list):

* DAM interior lightning broke, it get very dark. I don't known if intentional or a bug. This make DAM to WR passable only by lantern or torch.

* Quartering Meat sacks result is buggy. Sometimes no meat sack, sometimes 1 -2 meat sack with all meats (eg: one meat sack with an entire bear, meats totally 70kg).

* Stick and logs disappear nearby  of almost every open cave, open buildings (of course we have the workaround: go away and backl). This is an olde bug with more frequent occurrence now.

* MT ORCA: if the back entry opened from inside to outside by force, then it's need to open again by force (with prybar) from outside to inside. It's not a new bug.

I've had the quartering do the same.  Sometimes no meet bags. 

Also has anyone had cooking items vanish from their in inventory?  Cooking oil seems to vanish 

On 4/9/2023 at 8:10 AM, twyn1 said:

I've had the crashing during eating, but only with cat-tails. If you cancel out while eating one and then try to finish eating it later, you get blackscreen/crash out.

(-- playing X-Box1 -- all updates)

This happens to me also.  Xbox one 

22 hours ago, Duskfountain4 said:

I've had the quartering do the same.  Sometimes no meet bags. 

Also has anyone had cooking items vanish from their in inventory?  Cooking oil seems to vanish 

Have you experienced the quartering meat issue since the update? We released a fix for this, but we are happy to investigate if you are still experiencing issues! 

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2023 at 4:16 PM, Admin said:

Have you experienced the quartering meat issue since the update? We released a fix for this, but we are happy to investigate if you are still experiencing issues! 

Yes I have.  Didn't have a problem until after the newest update. I'm playing on custom interloper if that helps.  

Edit:  I think it happens more when you take an item (meat, gut etc) from then carcass the attempt to quarter.  

Edited by Duskfountain4

6 minutes ago, Stranzua said:

I finally encountered the fatigue bug when climbing. Going from Mystery Lake to Mountain Town my hand grip dropped way too fast on the climb up into Mountain Town. Right now, I might be stuck in between these 2 rope climbs. 

I had to sleep in the cave,drink coffee and wear the crampons and I only just made it... I presume you're on console not steam?    Steam had a fix last night including that bug.

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, xanna said:

And yet, the first time I ever ate wolf with all the afflictions turned on, I got parasites on a 1% risk 🤦‍♂️ FML

OMG. I didn't think that was possible.

Has anyone ever gotten food poisoning from eating low condition sardines, crackers, soda, syrup, peanut butter, or candy bars? I've never gotten food poisoning from these items so on top of eating 1 piece of bear or wolf meat everyday, I might be way too comfortable eating these foods no matter how spoiled they are.

Just now, Leeanda said:

I had to sleep in the cave,drink coffee and wear the crampons and I only just made it... I presume you're on console not steam?    Steam had a fix last night including that bug.

Yeah, I'm on Xbox. Were you fully rested? My energy is half full so I can make it around 75% of the way up. 

1 minute ago, Stranzua said:

Yeah, I'm on Xbox. Were you fully rested? My energy is half full so I can make it around 75% of the way up. 

Me too..  no I was around 75% because I wanted to get to greys before dark.  That's why I had a coffee too just before climbing.     

7 minutes ago, Stranzua said:

Has anyone ever gotten food poisoning from eating low condition sardines, crackers, soda, syrup, peanut butter, or candy bars? I've never gotten food poisoning from these items so on top of eating 1 piece of bear or wolf meat everyday, I might be way too comfortable eating these foods no matter how spoiled they are.

I think most people have had food poisoning from sardines😁.     I don't think it's possible to get it from soda or crackers, if it is then it's so very rare.. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stranzua said:

It was 1% possible, and that's is possible enough!

9 minutes ago, Stranzua said:

Has anyone ever gotten food poisoning from eating low condition sardines, crackers, soda, syrup, peanut butter, or candy bars?

Not soda, and crackers don't really degrade so there aren't as many low-condition crackers as other foods. But sardines are notorious for food poisoning, (hence 'Last Resort' lol) though I've not had too many problems myself.

There is a list of relative risks on the fan wiki if you don't mind spoilers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xanna said:

It was 1% possible, and that's is possible enough!

Not soda, and crackers don't really degrade so there aren't as many low-condition crackers as other foods. But sardines are notorious for food poisoning, (hence 'Last Resort' lol) though I've not had too many problems myself.

There is a list of relative risks on the fan wiki if you don't mind spoilers.

That's crazy because I've played this game for over 600 hours and never got food poisoning from sardines or any of the foods I mentioned. The next pack of sardines I eat I'll probably get it. Watch. It's the way of the world. 😁

On 6/24/2023 at 4:07 AM, Admin said:

Sorry my replies a bit late, I've only just managed to find and kill one..   

I didn't have any issues harvesting the bear . But after I'd taken most of it ,I went back inside and when I came out again I had the new glitching/noise bug..   I didn't try to interact with it as I had to leave the game. Unfortunately.. 

4 hours ago, Stranzua said:

Has anyone ever gotten food poisoning from eating low condition sardines, crackers, soda, syrup, peanut butter, or candy bars?

Peanut butter has one of the highest food poisoning chances below 20% condition for items like it. Only dog food is worse. Sardines have a notorious reputation, but other than a 3% chance at medium condition (on par with cooked meat), it's not really worse than other canned food. If the wiki numbers are correct.

You can't get any from soda

• Upvote 1

Has anyone noticed the cooking pot either doesn't have sound when it's placed, or it makes a strange new sound. I've also noticed wolves sounds cycling from barking to howling and growling and just repeating even when they are just sat or walking without spotting me. Another us blizzard sounds. It just seems its a bit broke. I can be in a blizzard and not hear any wind, then suddenly wind kicks in. I've never known the game to be as buggy and I've played it since release on early access. 

• Upvote 2

I just had 2 boxes of 100% condition crackers disappear out of storage overnight. I've never had an issue with inventory or storage items disappearing even though there were times I swore that I had something and just wrote it off as a mistake on my part. However, this makes me wonder how many times this might have happened and just didn't notice.

Has anyone experienced cattails not spawning or cat tails spawning later? There were times when I would follow a river a dozen times and suddenly come across a bunch of cattails I feel like I couldn't possibly have missed. Then there are times when I go to an area and there just isn't very many there. For example, I just went to the Milton Basin on Interloper and I expected to find a bunch but only found 6 or so. 

On 4/3/2023 at 11:04 AM, xanna said:

· Shot animals don't bleed out if you transition (eg go indoors, sleep?) before they die.
· Show shelter spawn doubled up, two in one place

Be very careful with the snow shelter one if you end up in one you’ll get trapped and have to try and look around to find the other one and break it down and then you can escape but only have field of view range of shelter can’t turn Beyond 180° until interacting with a container. Goofy bug lol