Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

5 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda no everything….. I tried with a deer that I stole from a wolf. I got 67kgs of meat!
Again people I’m not promoting. I like testing things especially bugs. When they work, what I can do to mitigate them etc.

That's good.  I don't like killing bunnies...    I wonder how much there would be from a moose!!!! Lol..  😁.     Truck sized burgers 😅

@TwoFatCatz   I tried it on a deer this morning... I didn't gain or lose anything.. each piece stayed the same at 1kg each before and after cooking.   

I did notice though that one fish I had was 5.89 kg before cooking but after it was 3.83kg. But whether that's normal when cooking fish I don't know.

@Leeanda for a small piece of meat to become a large piece of meat the piece of meat you harvest will need to be smaller than 1kg, as 1kg is the biggest piece. Sorry maybe I didn’t explain myself you will need to harvest small pieces of meat. For example harvest a 0.3kg piece of meat then cook it.

Edited by TwoFatCatz

@xanna yeah I haven’t tried the fish. I’ve always found the weight to calories to be ridiculous 🤣. But like I said if you harvest small pieces of meat this current issue will bump it up to 1kg. That’s how I managed to get 67kgs of meat from a 6.7kg deer.

Again all for science . We all love science

15 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda for a small piece of meat to become a large piece of meat the piece of meat you harvest will need to be smaller than 1kg, as 1kg is the biggest piece. Sorry maybe I didn’t explain myself you will need to harvest small pieces of meat. For example harvest a 0.3kg piece of meat then cook it.

I did get a few small pieces off the deer too but they didn't change either.  But I'll try again tomorrow😊  it's my fault anyway... I was kind of rushing because as usual whenever I kill something the weather gets bad very quickly😁

3 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda it’s possible xbox doesn’t have it as I don’t think you guys got the latest hotfix did you? What version of the game are you running? 

It's still 2.19. .  

I did kill a bear earlier so it might still be around in the morning when I play. I'll just take a few bits from that and check again anyway... If it's ok then no problem but if so I can file a ticket.

@Leeanda oh I see, yeah you won’t have it. I’m running 2.21. It’s happened somewhere in the last 2 hotfixes. 
Along with the meat thing it’s messed with the cooking levels. So if you are level 5 cooking tea is coming out at level 1 cooking so tea instead of being 120 calories is coming out at 100 calories etc. 

‘However I don’t believe it has messed with food poisoning etc. Just the calories of food.

2 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda oh I see, yeah you won’t have it. I’m running 2.21. It’s happened somewhere in the last 2 hotfixes. 
Along with the meat thing it’s messed with the cooking levels. So if you are level 5 cooking tea is coming out at level 1 cooking so tea instead of being 120 calories is coming out at 100 calories etc. 

‘However I don’t believe it has messed with food poisoning etc. Just the calories of food.

Just as well really. That could end a run.   A bit of a pain I imagine . 

It's a shame to waste that bear meat though so maybe just a few steaks.😁

1 minute ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda I’ve actually found it to be very helpful. That extra meat actually saved me the other day on interloper 🤣🤣

Well that's one saving grace at least.... As long as the decay rates are good still.  

And as long as will/Astrid doesn't get too fat to move😅

@Leeanda the Astrid/Will thing is right! She just can’t make up her mind who she wants to sound like. I pretend she’s doing an impression of Will and mocking him with his loud grunting 🤣 and Yes the meat thing you can become very heavy so best to quarter and move it to somewhere safe.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda the Astrid/Will thing is right! She just can’t make up her mind who she wants to sound like. I pretend she’s doing an impression of Will and mocking him with his loud grunting 🤣 and Yes the meat thing you can become very heavy so best to quarter and move it to somewhere safe.

She's doing a great job😁.  

I doubt I'd notice ,I'm always overburdened anyway. But I meant them being overweight after eating all those calories😅

On 7/18/2023 at 12:11 PM, Leeanda said:

I've been through keepers pass  several times and been fine in there..  twm though I was up on the northwest (looking at the map as is);which I don't usually go to so is it not a general map issue but a more specific part of the map?    I find it odd it hasn't happened anywhere else.

But yes they have more important things going on. ..  I can certainly put up with old grumpy for a while...😁 

@Admin.  I'm not in any rush but is there any news on the consol fixes ?  I'd love to see the ptarmigans

We are working on the Hotfix for consoles, and we are hoping to have more information to share next week. Thanks, @Leeanda

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2023 at 12:18 PM, TwoFatCatz said:

We just released a resolution for the issue that caused meat to increase in weight, but we are continuing to work on issues around Calorie Bonuses not being applied properly. Thanks for reaching out, and we hope to share more information in the near future! 

Some players, including myself on my current save, are finding that the Curator’s Rifle has not spawned in any of the known locations in Ash Canyon. Other DLC items have, but not the Curator’s Rifle. I have reported it as have other players. It does not seem to be in any list of known errors.

Is anyone aware of Hinterland working on this?

Curators-Rifle.jpg

Edited by dahemac

12 minutes ago, dahemac said:

Some players, including myself on my current save, are finding that the Curator’s Rifle has not spawned in any of the known locations in Ash Canyon. Other DLC items have, but not the Curator’s Rifle. I have reported it as have other players. It does not seem to be in any list of known errors.

Is anyone aware of Hinterland working on this?

Curators-Rifle.jpg

If it's been reported as a bug then I'm sure they are working on it..  but they do have to prioritize things .

• Like 1

On the topic of cooked fish, I did an analysis 3 years ago and found that all fish reduce by 1/3 when cooked. So a 1kg fish would become 0.66kg, and so on. If this is the current trend, then things are normal. If not, then they are not!

3 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

On the topic of cooked fish, I did an analysis 3 years ago and found that all fish reduce by 1/3 when cooked. So a 1kg fish would become 0.66kg, and so on. If this is the current trend, then things are normal. If not, then they are not!

The only fish I noticed with the weight was the one that went from 5.89 to 3.83 ..the only reason I noticed was because it was the biggest fish I've ever caught..  I would try and do the maths if I didn't suck at it😁