Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

On 4/3/2023 at 10:49 AM, Jalos said:

NON OFFICIAL list of problems known myself (because no official list):

* DAM interior lightning broke, it get very dark. I don't known if intentional or a bug. This make DAM to WR passable only by lantern or torch.

* Quartering Meat sacks result is buggy. Sometimes no meat sack, sometimes 1 -2 meat sack with all meats (eg: one meat sack with an entire bear, meats totally 70kg).

* Stick and logs disappear nearby  of almost every open cave, open buildings (of course we have the workaround: go away and backl). This is an olde bug with more frequent occurrence now.

* MT ORCA: if the back entry opened from inside to outside by force, then it's need to open again by force (with prybar) from outside to inside. It's not a new bug.

I can confirm the quartering issue  and sticks disappear .

It's not everytime but he/she is correct 

Edited by Duskfountain4

It's not just sticks that disappear either, it's wildlife. Frequently I'll leave my main base only going far enough to find a couple sticks to mag lens a fire, and when I get back there's suddenly a flock of ptarmigans, or group of rabbits, couple wolves maybe. Sometimes all three at once. I don't think it's so much that they've "disappeared" as the game is choosing not to render them for some reason. Possibly a precaution against having a wolf just bam like right there in charging distance the moment you go outside, that spread to everything? Who knows. At least it's easy to work around.

• Upvote 1

Wet/Frozen clothes are not drying Infront of a fire. Getting frostbite if sleeping inside warm cabin by fire with frozen clothes that aren't unthawing right Infront of the fire. All sorts of glitches in object description when an object is picked up. 20230725_001037.thumb.jpg.13b01c330396ca2ce721144da13863a6.jpg

Just now, Flathead9 said:

Wet/Frozen clothes are not drying Infront of a fire. Getting frostbite if sleeping inside warm cabin by fire with frozen clothes that aren't unthawing right Infront of the fire. All sorts of glitches in object description when an object is picked up. 20230725_001037.thumb.jpg.13b01c330396ca2ce721144da13863a6.jpg

If you take the clothes off briefly they should start to thaw and dry out. You'll have to drop them on the floor though not just take them off

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 10:53 AM, Flathead9 said:

Thank you for posting! This is a Known Issue we are working to resolve: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/13754630088852-PC 

We will share more information as soon as it is available. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone had trouble getting over the log in desolation point...the one near the mine exit...    

I got stuck on in it a few times lately but today I had to crawl to get over it, ..otherwise it was like hitting a wall. And I wouldn't have been able to leave.

Edited by Leeanda

On 8/11/2023 at 9:56 AM, Leeanda said:

@Admin    since I filed the multiple stick issue ,the sticks aren't respawning in the pv/mystery lake cave.. the coal,branches are fine though..is this related ,possibly..?

It shouldn't be. We haven't made any changes since first investigating this issue. How long has this been going on? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Admin said:

It shouldn't be. We haven't made any changes since first investigating this issue. How long has this been going on? 

I've only noticed it in the last few weeks.. after I picked up the multiple ones in the snowy part near the exit, I noticed that it didn't come back.  Since then I've picked them all up and none have respawned..

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, Leeanda said:

I've only noticed it in the last few weeks.. after I picked up the multiple ones in the snowy part near the exit, I noticed that it didn't come back.  Since then I've picked them all up and none have respawned..

Thanks for confirming. It sounds like it would be worthwhile to follow up on this issue with our Support Team, just to ensure we investigate properly. Thanks for your patience, and please reach out if you don't hear back soon. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thanks for confirming. It sounds like it would be worthwhile to follow up on this issue with our Support Team, just to ensure we investigate properly. Thanks for your patience, and please reach out if you don't hear back soon. 

Thank you..  I'm in no rush though..it's not an urgent thing and I know how much you all have going on..😊

I suspect that my arrows disappear 

I can't say I'm 100% sure but I'm usually very careful with them. I know how much I have at all times. A few days back I had 8 arrows but then noticed that I have 7. I thought maybe I forgot to collect it after firing but today I'm missing yet another one. I had 4 arrows and 3 arrowheads. I fired 4, 1 broke, 1 ran away with the wolf. I found it. Harvested an arrowhead from the broken arrow and now I have 3 arrowheads and 3 arrows...

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Is that on anything ,everywhere or just some areas/places?  

I've had it once or twice but only on dead animals.

I've had it on numerous occasions, just most commonly on dead animals, and it's very often. For example, the hitboxes on the stove in the Mindful Cabin are boxed. 

I've also noticed that when walking with a torch that the "source" for the sparks that fly about isn't the torch head; it's offset lower and to the left. I wonder if the problem with the hitboxes is dependent on the resolution you run the game at in combination with a separate problem with the hitbox on animal carcasses? I run it at 4K. Could also be related to the fact that I'm running the windows version under the proton libraries in linux. There were some problems that came back with the linux version (stuttering after about half an hour to an hour of play that necessitates restarting the game); I should maybe try installing the native linux version again to test to see if the hit box problem exists there too.

Edited by stratvox

7 minutes ago, stratvox said:

I've had it on numerous occasions, just most commonly on dead animals, and it's very often. For example, the hitboxes on the stove in the Mindful Cabin are boxed. 

I've also noticed that when walking with a torch that the "source" for the sparks that fly about isn't the torch head; it's offset lower and to the left. I wonder if the problem with the hitboxes is dependent on the resolution you run the game at in combination with a separate problem with the hitbox on animal carcasses? I run it at 4K. Could also be related to the fact that I'm running the windows version under the proton libraries in linux. There were some problems that came back with the linux version (stuttering after about half an hour to an hour of play that necessitates restarting the game); I should maybe try installing the native linux version again to test to see if the hit box problem exists there too.

I'm on the old Xbox one s......      mindful cabin is in forsaken isn't it?    I've only been in there briefly and all I did was get the tales started..and get the recipe...   

I've had a few things I can't interact with but not many ..

Edited by Leeanda

46 minutes ago, stratvox said:

For example, the hitboxes on the stove in the Mindful Cabin are boxed. 

That's the stove in the video!

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Is that on anything ,everywhere or just some areas/places?  

I've had it once or twice but only on dead animals.

Yeah , on dead animals very often

But it's the first time I have encountered this problem with the object. I also dropped some meat on the floor in the Island Cottage in FA and had a hard time picking it up

11 minutes ago, bysinda said:

That's the stove in the video!

Yeah , on dead animals very often

But it's the first time I have encountered this problem with the object. I also dropped some meat on the floor in the Island Cottage in FA and had a hard time picking it up

Might be more of a forsaken issue then...  except the carcasses...  I'll keep an eye on it around the maps...

Have you filed a ticket?