Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

13 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

I've had the crashing during eating, but only with cat-tails. If you cancel out while eating one and then try to finish eating it later, you get blackscreen/crash out.

(-- playing X-Box1 -- all updates)

That's exactly what I did ,with the same result.  

• Upvote 1

New (??) Possible Bug -- I did a search for it but found nothing here

Started random run -- landed in Mountain Town (yeah... I know...too easy)

Doing a typical search, collect loot, & move on scenario -- came across a corpse at Paradise Meadows Farm -- in the open vehicle shed with the truck, across from the workbench barn -- wearing orange "convict" clothing

Had a pry-bar  laying next to him (lucky day! Finally!), but could not search the corpse or interact with it in any way.

----------------------------------------

( playing on X-Box1 -- all updates -- Pilgrim with no custom settings)

To be clear: I hacked my Interloper save file in order to be able to play, so there's a high likelihood that's the cause of the following.

I've noticed some things have been "reset" in the game, mostly cupboards & lockers which I know I've previously searched. They now show as unsearched. Not that I've found anything in them, but it's kind of odd. Same with a few unlocked doors (had to re-pry my way into the gas station in Milton), and the safe in Trapper's. I had already completely cleared every single interior in the game on my way to the Far Territory, and I'm finding these things on my way back, playing the Tales.

Thought I'd throw this out there, see if I'm alone or not. Either way, I wouldn't rate it higher than "interesting"; it's certainly far from game breaking haha. Quite possibly it's something Hinterland needs to wrestle with in order to officially support 'lopers.

1 hour ago, Kranium said:

To be clear: I hacked my Interloper save file in order to be able to play, so there's a high likelihood that's the cause of the following.

I've noticed some things have been "reset" in the game, mostly cupboards & lockers which I know I've previously searched. They now show as unsearched. Not that I've found anything in them, but it's kind of odd. Same with a few unlocked doors (had to re-pry my way into the gas station in Milton), and the safe in Trapper's. I had already completely cleared every single interior in the game on my way to the Far Territory, and I'm finding these things on my way back, playing the Tales.

Thought I'd throw this out there, see if I'm alone or not. Either way, I wouldn't rate it higher than "interesting"; it's certainly far from game breaking haha. Quite possibly it's something Hinterland needs to wrestle with in order to officially support 'lopers.

I've found a few containers/drawers etc that say unsearched when they have been.  

• Upvote 1

This morning, I've encountered an extremely serious problem.  When I first tried to launch TLD, my internet connection was down so the game asked if I should "try again" or "use offline."  I opted instead to back out and go to the home page to test my connection and try to sort it out from there.  I got the internet back up and running, but now TLD will not launch at all.  I get the title screen (black that says The Long Dark) for a moment, then the screen goes entirely black (title disappears) and nothing further happens (I've sat and waited on that totally black screen for minutes.  I can return to the home page, quit TLD in the manage games menu, and launch any other of my games.  I'm sending HL a bug report, but I'm frustrated to the point of being ready to just uninstall the game and forget about it entirely.

Killed a moose , partially harvested some meat had to switch game off. When I came back to it there was no hit mark . The day after the hit mark was on again..  

The achievement for opening all safety deposit boxes in Milton not showing as done. Even though I've done it many times before and after the updates.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Status of cars in Mountain Town not preserved after transitioning and retransitioning (eg if I go into a house and then back out again).
Bonnets (hoods) I had opened are reset to closed, and visors I pulled down are reset , too. The loot is not replaced, but the car model does not remember what state it was in. This was for all cars in MT.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, xanna said:

Status of cars in Mountain Town not preserved after transitioning and retransitioning (eg if I go into a house and then back out again).
Bonnets (hoods) I had opened are reset to closed, and visors I pulled down are reset , too. The loot is not replaced, but the car model does not remember what state it was in. This was for all cars in MT.

That started happening to me ages ago.  I just gave up opening the hoods and started placing a tinder plug on top of them to show I had searched the vehicle.  If the vehicle had a battery in it, I would remove it and set that on top of the hood instead.

On 4/10/2023 at 4:21 AM, Leeanda said:

I've found a few containers/drawers etc that say unsearched when they have been.  

This is happening a lot... also, more often than not, the "empty" or "searched" label doesn't come up until I move the cursor off the container and then back again.

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2023 at 7:47 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

This morning, I've encountered an extremely serious problem.  When I first tried to launch TLD, my internet connection was down so the game asked if I should "try again" or "use offline."  I opted instead to back out and go to the home page to test my connection and try to sort it out from there.  I got the internet back up and running, but now TLD will not launch at all.  I get the title screen (black that says The Long Dark) for a moment, then the screen goes entirely black (title disappears) and nothing further happens (I've sat and waited on that totally black screen for minutes.  I can return to the home page, quit TLD in the manage games menu, and launch any other of my games.  I'm sending HL a bug report, but I'm frustrated to the point of being ready to just uninstall the game and forget about it entirely.

Finally got my game operational again... Had to do a complete "full" shutdown of the Xbox from the settings menu, leaving it off for several minutes.  After restarting, I still had to use the "manage games" menu and fully "quit" TLD (I don't think it should have required this with a full shutdown of the Xbox, but it did).  Anyway, after that the game would at least launch again without having to uninstall and reinstall it a second time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

They seem to be OK... at least I can launch them and I am at the same point where I left them.

I'm glad it's working for you ... It would've been a shame if you'd left the game entirely.   I can certainly understand your frustration though.

• Upvote 2

Good to read that you got your game running again @UpUpAway95

I just had a major "autosave" failure. Was getting ready to close my game out last night and noticed it did not save when I went into the Camp Office. Decided to sleep for an hour and check, but still did not save. Was not sure when this started, so I just closed it out.

When I restarted my saved game this morning, I had lost almost 3 full "in game" days of exploration, mapping, looting, fishing, etc. Biggest bummer was that I had found a "bunker" just by sheer luck -- I twisted my wrist going down a hill and stopped to wrap it, and there was the bunker right in front of me! (w/ LOTS of STUFF!!)

Checked out everything, separated it into piles and started ferrying things down towards the Camp Office ... now have to do it ALL over again .. ack!

------------------------------

Have also noticed the above mentioned clunkiness of searching drawers, cabinets, etc. Does not show "empty" until you move away and check back, & when opening a safe, the first item inside pops up before the opening sequence really registers ... just awkward & jumpy, compared to before.

-------------------

( X-Box1 -- all updates -- Pilgrim mode, currently in Mystery Lake)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:06 AM, xanna said:

(BTW, there is an official list here: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/10522105337364-Known-Issues but it's not very comprehensive at all)

This list is not exhaustive but does list the high-priority issues we are currently working on. 

If you are experiencing issues with the game, we do request that you file a ticket via our Support Portal: http://hinterlandgames.com/support  This helps us track the volume and severity of issues as well. 

Thank you, all. 

• Upvote 2

Here's a new one... I dropped a ruined flare by a fire in a cave (after using it to light the fire and double checking for all loot in the area.  I left the fire burning while I grabbed a torched and explored the paths farther into the cave.  I eventually came back to my fire and my flare was lying there beside it... However, when I picked it up, it was not ruined, but a perfectly usable new flare.

Attempt to repeat it:  I repeated the process; however, this time the flare disappeared completely (despawned) the moment I dropped it after lighting the fire.  I think this is also in error because IIRC, don't ruined items despawn only if put into containers?

This was in the cave in Ash Canyon with the waterfall and using a marine flare to get through the waterfall and lighting a fire immediately after going through it, exploring the cave with a torch to the point of the rope climb and then turning around to go back to my fire.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

There's a locker in the maintenance shed in broken that refuses to open... It just keeps  searching until I press cancel .   

This has happened to me in a few places.   I don't think it's related to specific containers, but rather a random bug that can happen at any time.  I used the "X" button to bring up the Xbox homepage and then just moved my cursor around on the homepage without actually selecting anything.  Then I cancelled/exited the homepage (returning me to the game) and the "run-on" opening animation was back to normal and I could open the container.  I've found this trick works in several others games that will occasionally freeze or get stuck in certain animations without having to lose progress by relaunching the game.  Worth a try.

• Upvote 1

Entering Freewater Cave (I think that's the name) in broad daylight just before a blizzard set in.  I can say with certainty there was no loot in the cave other than a couple of pieces of coal.  Blizzard set in and I had to spend a day in the cave by a fire doing chores, sleeping, etc.  I was overloaded so I dropped some loot before exiting the cave to explore around the depot.  I did that and then decided I go back to the cave and move my stuff over to the depot.  To my total surprise, a second bedroll (i.e. not my own bedroll), some food, and some other miscellaneous items (again, not what I had dropped from my inventory) had spawned next to where I had been camping out.

I'm wonder if this sort of "delayed spawning" of items is related to previously searched and empty containers suddenly having items in them upon revisiting some locations.

Edited by UpUpAway95