Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 8:10 AM, Serenity said:

Does anyone still have issues finding memento keys in cars? I thought the fix was retroactive. But I don't have any keys in Bleak Inlet. They are supposed to be in the cars at the radio tower and/or the bridge

I have never found a memento key in a car. Still on my June start-over. No keys in cars in Mountain Town, Mystery Lake, Pleasant Valley, Blackrock or Coastal Highway. No cars in Timberwolf or Ash Canyon, so I guess they don’t count.

22 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Anyone on easier levels noticed a lack of climbing ropes? I had none in dp,coastal,pv, mystery lake . I've had to take preexisting ones and move them across half the island.

I would say I play a custom game on “easier” levels. I have lots of ropes. But I think I found the most of them in Ash Canyon.

3 minutes ago, dahemac said:

I have never found a memento key in a car. Still on my June start-over. No keys in cars in Mountain Town, Mystery Lake, Pleasant Valley, Blackrock or Coastal Highway. No cars in Timberwolf or Ash Canyon, so I guess they don’t count.

I would say I play a custom game on “easier” levels. I have lots of ropes. But I think I found the most of them in Ash Canyon.

I think ash is the only place I'm still finding a good amount.. but most other places I'm getting none of one..  even twm only has one spare rope..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I think ash is the only place I'm still finding a good amount.. but most other places I'm getting none of one..  even twm only has one spare rope..

I think I have a couple spare. I may need one to get into Bleak Inlet later. But I would gladly give you one of mine if only I could.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Yes they do..

Awesome! I vaguely think I remember reading about it, but I'm about to start a new run (as I always do) so I thought I'd double check. The more stuff I have to work towards, the better. Improvised down bedroll here I come!

3 minutes ago, Renn said:

Awesome! I vaguely think I remember reading about it, but I'm about to start a new run (as I always do) so I thought I'd double check. The more stuff I have to work towards, the better. Improvised down bedroll here I come!

Well good luck and have fun😊

On 9/13/2023 at 10:54 AM, dahemac said:

I wrote this the other day. Then almost immediately found my first ever memento clue in the visor of a car. It was in Coastal Highway. lol

• Like 1

As of just a couple of days ago I can confirm that the "Match Condition" exploit is still in play.

On 7/9/2023 at 10:10 AM, ManicManiac said:

I knew there were some issues with stacking and item condition...
I was a bit distressed to realize we can exploit it to boost the condition of otherwise like items.

I just found this with matches.

20230709100631_1.thumb.jpg.91887a0408c98251b657b97b4a9d53eb.jpg20230709100736_1.thumb.jpg.e2954849b5d4b5f124b758196faa76c7.jpg
After shuffling them around... all my wood matches are 90% and the carboard matches are now all 87%

[Conditions:]
If I add matches to an inventory (pack or container - doesn't matter), the matches that are being transferred just merges with the extant stack.  If the condition of the stack it's joining is of higher condition... we effectively reset the condition for that item (because it's erroneously merging with another stack).

Reporting and opening a ticket later... This is madness. 🤭

:coffee::fire::coffee:
images (300×168)

On 7/16/2023 at 11:26 AM, ManicManiac said:

I can confirm that the "Match Condition" exploit is still in play.
20230716112317_1.thumb.jpg.c08a4409cb3335e9d0e7130d5da3de62.jpg
20230716113003_1.thumb.jpg.5017a98fb557f1a43a940805534d5e1e.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

As of just a couple of days ago I can confirm that the "Match Condition" exploit is still in play.

I picked up several boxes this morning and I still only have one box in my inventory...

Seems a bit cheesy but I'm sure it's in that long list of fixes they've been working on.. 

• Upvote 1

@Leeanda

I imagine it is... 

But for me it's a bit bothersome, because if we're careful and pick up our highest condition matches first... all the other matches of the same kind would then combine to match whatever was in our inventory.

I know I mentioned it in the quotes from my older posts about it... but I figured it bears repeating.  
Cheesing up the condition, to my mind, is a problem.

And of course, if we are not paying attention... the reverse is possible, and we could accidentally loose condition on them just as easily.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda

I imagine it is... 

But for me it's a bit bothersome, because if we're careful and pick up our highest condition matches first... all the other matches of the same kind would then combine to match whatever was in our inventory.

I know I mentioned it in the quotes from my older posts about it... but I figured it bears repeating.  
Cheesing up the condition, to my mind, is a problem.

And of course, if we are not paying attention... the reverse is possible, and we could accidentally loose condition on them just as easily.

I had both happen, one resulting in me losing over 70 matches...    but I was kind of stuck today so didn't really have much choice..    

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a known issue with Buffer Memories not correctly cycling? I know it's been reported many times that folks have trouble getting certain memories, but I've never seen this acknowledged as a true bug. It's come to the point where in my current game I can predict exactly which memory will spawn in certain circumstances 100% of the time, meaning I can't trigger completion of other memories.

Examples include ML office and BR interior maintenance sheds: the memory always corresponds with the entrance you use. I can leave the area and return through a specific door and the computer changes to a specific memory with 100% reproducibility. Time, sleep, exit/reenter area, saving, exiting game, updating game cache, nothing changes. 

Playing Stalker Survival on PC/Steam.

Edited by SgtR007

• 2 weeks later...

Havent played in a while but Wintertime always brings me back somehow....anyway, so i started a new Stalker run. When i enter a house its pitch black inside. Is that supposed to be that way? Its sunset but i didnt remember it simply being black inside. I can see my breath but thats about it.

40 minutes ago, BigSmooth said:

Havent played in a while but Wintertime always brings me back somehow....anyway, so i started a new Stalker run. When i enter a house its pitch black inside. Is that supposed to be that way? Its sunset but i didnt remember it simply being black inside. I can see my breath but thats about it.

There has been a lighting change in a lot of places.. even the dam needs light now..

• Upvote 1