Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

NON OFFICIAL list of problems known myself (because no official list):

* DAM interior lightning broke, it get very dark. I don't known if intentional or a bug. This make DAM to WR passable only by lantern or torch.

* Quartering Meat sacks result is buggy. Sometimes no meat sack, sometimes 1 -2 meat sack with all meats (eg: one meat sack with an entire bear, meats totally 70kg).

* Stick and logs disappear nearby  of almost every open cave, open buildings (of course we have the workaround: go away and backl). This is an olde bug with more frequent occurrence now.

* MT ORCA: if the back entry opened from inside to outside by force, then it's need to open again by force (with prybar) from outside to inside. It's not a new bug.

• Upvote 5

Carter dam being dark... 

Diary and log not working properly. Can't type anything. 

Not sure about bears yet but several seem to have been getting stuck in places or going back and forth a bit too long before moving off. I'll keep an eye on it .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Carter dam being dark... 

Diary and log not working properly. Can't type anything. 

Not sure about bears yet but several seem to have been getting stuck in places or going back and forth a bit too long before moving off. I'll keep an eye on it .

Wait. There’s a Diary? How have I not known about this???

17 hours ago, Moosemaster said:

Wait. There’s a Diary? How have I not known about this???

There are two forms of note entry locations.

The Diary is under the Log section of the main menu. At the top, there is a tab for the Daily Log, and one for Notes. For the day you have selected on the screen, you can click the Notes tab write there. It will put a little pencil in the upper left corner of the date box. Super helpful if you want to remember to go back and do something later.

There's also a General Notes section on the main menu as well. I have recently started using this to track stash houses with supplies I may want to retrieve.

• Like 1

• Predators have a chance to get stuck in their standing animation when prowling to "attack"
  • New food items are missing their radial menu icons, display as a white X
  • Field 31 Operations Memo states one of the Transmitter Tower locations is Mystery Lake. The correct location is Pleasant Valley
  • In some cases, picking up the Field 31 Operations Memo and spending a lengthy amount of time reading it causes the character to be frozen in place when exiting the document.
Edited by Merrak
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Eli said:

Hat noch jemand Probleme mit dem journal. Mir zeigt es nur noch die Aktiven Sende Türme an und nicht mehr die anderen Sammelgegenstände wie Polaroids oder Notizen. Es zeigt mir nur noch das an was auf dem Bild ist und ich kann auch nicht das Menü dort wechseln

16806061221541099266883320736783.jpg

I translated it: Does anyone else have problems with the journal. It only shows me the active transmission towers and no longer the other collectibles such as polaroids or notes. It only shows me what's in the picture and I can't change the menu there either

• Upvote 1

Came here to make sure the xbox autosave issues are already on the list, glad to see they are. Quitting and restarting is not a great workaround given you don't know the issue is present until you have already made progress you're going to lose.

I like the Dam being Dark.

Since I stream and make youtube vids...which get darkened a bit on broadcast anyway I've always used a light source in the Dam.

Also in places where no light from windows should reach it actually SHOULD be dark.

So if anything the lighting in the dam is improved by being made darker.

• Upvote 2

On 4/3/2023 at 7:03 PM, SuperStriker16 said:

Add Xbox save issues, random crashing during eating.

I just had my game freeze while eating then it crashed and took me to my library page.  Put disc back n and it works ok ,so far.  

• Upvote 1

I can say I've experienced a lot of the bugs on this list myself (Xbox Series X).  Glad to know it's just not me losing my mind or that it's just a bad install (already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game).  Hopefully, HL will be able to track down what's causing all this random instability.

Add:  Wolves running in panic mode endlessly even  if the player is way far away (Pilgrim mode example)... watching them run around on the lake making panic sounds (i.e. not hunting deer) when player is on the ridge by the Hunting Lodge (i.e. too great a distance to be detected).

5 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I can say I've experienced a lot of the bugs on this list myself (Xbox Series X).  Glad to know it's just not me losing my mind or that it's just a bad install (already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game).  Hopefully, HL will be able to track down what's causing all this random instability.

Add:  Wolves running in panic mode endlessly even  if the player is way far away (Pilgrim mode example)... watching them run around on the lake making panic sounds (i.e. not hunting deer) when player is on the ridge by the Hunting Lodge (i.e. too great a distance to be detected).

Definitely not just you..   personally I don't mind some bugs,they can be fun and challenging but some others ....no!  I suppose compared to the pc original launch we've got off lightly .

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 3

On 4/3/2023 at 2:03 PM, SuperStriker16 said:

Add Xbox save issues, random crashing during eating.

I've had the crashing during eating, but only with cat-tails. If you cancel out while eating one and then try to finish eating it later, you get blackscreen/crash out.

(-- playing X-Box1 -- all updates)

Edited by twyn1
Added console info