Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

This issue just started this evening for me. I can't interact with any animal corpses. Not the wolf that had died in an earlier session nor the deer I shot in this session. Restarting didn't help. Anyone had this before?

4 minutes ago, Renn said:

This issue just started this evening for me. I can't interact with any animal corpses. Not the wolf that had died in an earlier session nor the deer I shot in this session. Restarting didn't help. Anyone had this before?

Have you moved your cursor around the area next to the carcass to see if the label comes up (sometimes these are a little finicky and not right over the carcass where you think they should be).

7 minutes ago, Renn said:

I had it once with a moose I killed on my last run.. no hitbox for a day and a half.. then just before it got to ruined it worked.. all the meat was rancid and extremely low condition though .

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Renn said:

Never as consistently as it being every carcass, but now and then.
If it's the same glitch as others sometimes get, try throwing a lit torch at it (and leaving it there). This can make the hitbox appear. There's a clip of this trick working, I'll post it when I find it.

13 hours ago, xanna said:

Never as consistently as it being every carcass, but now and then.
If it's the same glitch as others sometimes get, try throwing a lit torch at it (and leaving it there). This can make the hitbox appear. There's a clip of this trick working, I'll post it when I find it.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, this worked! Only as long as the torch is still near the corpse tho, if I pick it up the bug comes back.

• Like 1

I just had this happen with several rabbits that I snared in the Forsaken Airfield (the grassy area between the Terminal & Control Tower) -- I left the area & on return was able to pick up 2, but others have remained untouchable. I will try the torch suggestion as soon as I return to the area (if the carcasses are still there)

Playing on X-Box 1 -- Pilgrim Mode

I did submit a "bug ticket"

After several tests in Broken Railroad, I'm now thinking that the memento keys not spawning while the boxes always do is intentional RNG rather than a bug.  The probability of the keys not spawning increases with the various difficulty-related "amount of loot" settings, but the boxes are always there.

I also now think they may have already made some adjustments to BRA in that Stalker-level BRA (Medium) with Loper-level Loose Item Availability (Low), Empty Container Chance Modifier (High), and Item Container Item Density (High) now yields significantly less loot overall than it did in tests prior to the update (on Xbox).  The general loot amounts are more in line with standard Loper than with Stalker.

Edited by UpUpAway95

I haven't tested it exhaustively, but it seems strange that I don't get any visor notes, but all the non-visor ones (like notes fixed to a wall) are still there.

If it's intentional then removing the key, but leaving the box there is pretty bad design. I wouldn't mind some randomness, but the box should be removed too then.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I haven't tested it exhaustively, but it seems strange that I don't get any visor notes, but all the non-visor ones (like notes fixed to a wall) are still there.

If it's intentional then removing the key, but leaving the box there is pretty bad design. I wouldn't mind some randomness, but the box should be removed too then.

I agree that it would be a confusing design.  I have had test runs in Broken Railroad where the visor notes and keys have been there and others where the visor notes and keys were not there or one set was there and the other wasn't AND in both cases where both memento caches (there are 2 in BRR).  As best I can tell, the boxes are there 100% of the time, but the keys and visor notes aren't.  Haven't honestly checked on each test for the note pinned to the wall in the guardhouse though (sloppy testing on my part... sigh).

3 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I agree that it would be a confusing design.  I have had test runs in Broken Railroad where the visor notes and keys have been there and others where the visor notes and keys were not there or one set was there and the other wasn't AND in both cases where both memento caches (there are 2 in BRR).  As best I can tell, the boxes are there 100% of the time, but the keys and visor notes aren't.  Haven't honestly checked on each test for the note pinned to the wall in the guardhouse though (sloppy testing on my part... sigh).

There's two boxes in broken?   The only one I find is the one in the bear cave.. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There's two boxes in broken?   The only one I find is the one in the bear cave.. 

Yes.  This video from Lithar shows where both keys should be and where both boxes are located:

Of the two, the key that most frequently is missing is the one for the box up top (has only shown up twice); but the box itself is always there.

6 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Yes.  This video from Lithar shows where both keys should be and where both boxes are located:

Of the two, the key that most frequently is missing is the one for the box up top (has only shown up twice); but the box itself is always there.

Thank you.., I've not had any note or key up at the lodge car... On any of my three runs.. 

• Upvote 1

New one - I am able to harvest some cat tails (along the shores of Shoulder Lake in Forsaken Airfield) twice (that is, immediately after harvesting the stalk and dropping the head, I can repeat the process on the exact same  plant to get a second stalk and drop a second head).  It's only after this second harvest that the plant disappears as it normally does.

When I opened the Lake Overlook box it was empty. I'm not crying over the lost loot, but if it's supposed to be empty on Interloper then it's better to just remove it entirely. I don't think the loot has decayed and despawned as it's still very early.

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I had no memento notes or keys in pv or coastal highway.  The loot boxes aren't where they're supposed to be either.    If this was a harder difficulty I might've expected it but this is pilgrim.

I would tend to think that's the way it should be (both box and keys missing) if the notes and boxes are not meant to be guaranteed spawns.  If the mementos and loot boxes are meant to be guaranteed spawns, then it sort of defeats a lot of the randomization of loot that was done, since the contents of the boxes is seemingly always about the same (e.g. a mackinaw always spawning in the box in the bear cave in Broken Railroad; fish always in the box by Angler's den)

If the randomness is supposed to be that the keys and notes don't always spawn; then it becomes a rather confusing mechanic... to encounter a box you can never open in game (but it is a mechanic I could learn to accept).

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I would tend to think that's the way it should be (both box and keys missing) if the notes and boxes are not meant to be guaranteed spawns.  If the mementos and loot boxes are meant to be guaranteed spawns, then it sort of defeats a lot of the randomization of loot that was done, since the contents of the boxes is seemingly always about the same (e.g. a mackinaw always spawning in the box in the bear cave in Broken Railroad; fish always in the box by Angler's den)

If the randomness is supposed to be that the keys and notes don't always spawn; then it becomes a rather confusing mechanic... to encounter a box you can never open in game (but it is a mechanic I could learn to accept).

I presumed they were set in each region but if they're not then that would explain it.  I've filed a ticket anyway so if it's intended it won't matter and I'm sure htl would say so . I'd rather file it and be wrong than let a bug go unreported though.  

I hope you're feeling better today?

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

Save is softlocked at the mystery lake camp office, trying to exit it just causes the game to load endlessly with no pc resource usage. No clue what could be causing it, submitted a proper report but haven't gotten any response...
Mainly just posting this in case someone else is having the same issue.

22 hours ago, Wgairborne said:

Save is softlocked at the mystery lake camp office, trying to exit it just causes the game to load endlessly with no pc resource usage. No clue what could be causing it, submitted a proper report but haven't gotten any response...
Mainly just posting this in case someone else is having the same issue.

Had similar issue with one safe on Xbox.  A complete shut down of the system (i.e. effectively unplugging it for a period of time) and then restarting everything cleared the condition.  Hope you get your game up and running again soon.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2023 at 8:41 PM, Leeanda said:

I presumed they were set in each region but if they're not then that would explain it.  I've filed a ticket anyway so if it's intended it won't matter and I'm sure htl would say so . I'd rather file it and be wrong than let a bug go unreported though.  

I hope you're feeling better today?

This was obviously wrong ,for which I apologize.. 

I do however seem to have two boxes in bleak inlet and there are no notes or keys to either of them and I searched the entire map twice.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Random multiple birch bark and sticks in the ravine 

I think the reason it seems there are more birch bark or sticks in the ravine is because its a small map. I always find a good few beside the cave on the Mystery Lake side

I haven't noticed any more birch bark or sticks in the ravine more than usual but some regions have more birch bark than others, the ravine always had a good supply of them. 

In Mystery Lake when going to the Trapper's Homestead, the birch trees near Max's Last Stand never seem to have more than two or three birch bark.