Known Issues 20230330

Jalos

4 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

I think the reason it seems there are more birch bark or sticks in the ravine is because its a small map. I always find a good few beside the cave on the Mystery Lake side

I haven't noticed any more birch bark or sticks in the ravine more than usual but some regions have more birch bark than others, the ravine always had a good supply of them. 

In Mystery Lake when going to the Trapper's Homestead, the birch trees near Max's Last Stand never seem to have more than two or three birch bark.

For the most part they are ok but sometimes I could pick the same pieces up twice .  I only tried a few random sticks but one near the ml exit gave me about 7 instead of one. I'm getting multiples of coal in the pv to ml cave as well

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

For the most part they are ok but sometimes I could pick the same pieces up twice .  I only tried a few random sticks but one near the ml exit gave me about 7 instead of one. I'm getting multiples of coal in the pv to ml cave as well

I did notice a lot of coal in the cave when I was going from Pleasant Valley to Mystery Lake but that's not a bad thing,  and that was on Pilgrim.

In my interloper run when I went into the cave going to Mystery Lake I didn't find as many pieces of coal.

When it comes to research books I have found three Wilderness Kitchen books in my Pilgrim run even through I have level 5 cooking skills, it would be nice if I could find books for the skills I have yet to get to level 5 instead of finding the same books for skills I'm already level 5 at.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

I did notice a lot of coal in the cave when I was going from Pleasant Valley to Mystery Lake but that's not a bad thing,  and that was on Pilgrim.

In my interloper run when I went into the cave going to Mystery Lake I didn't find as many pieces of coal.

When it comes to research books I have found three Wilderness Kitchen books in my Pilgrim run even through I have level 5 cooking skills, it would be nice if I could find books for the skills I have yet to get to level 5 instead of finding the same books for skills I'm already level 5 at.

I'm on pilgrim but getting an indefinite amount of coal from one piece is a bit much..   and I have a huge pile of branches sitting in the main chamber.  I haven't or won't harvest them but I do wonder how many more will turn up on the pile. Makes me laugh every time I see them😁

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm on pilgrim but getting an indefinite amount of coal from one piece is a bit much..   and I have a huge pile of branches sitting in the main chamber.  I haven't or won't harvest them but I do wonder how many more will turn up on the pile. Makes me laugh every time I see them😁

A good place to take them to is the cave in Winding River as then you will have lots of fuel for a fire and can wait out any blizzards that arrive.

Its reminds me of the time I had to fish a lot to finish getting my fishing skills up to level 5, I fished and fished in Mystery Lake and when I was finished I had a huge pile of fish.

This was all the fish.

TheLongDark_20210101234552.thumb.jpg.2b289f95d17888e3bad1fb7056176a32.jpg

And this was all the fish lined up outside the door at Camp Office.

TheLongDark_20210102003331.thumb.jpg.7895eaf614bf55ae4d6cca5a175e157e.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

A good place to take them to is the cave in Winding River as then you will have lots of fuel for a fire and can wait out any blizzards that arrive.

Its reminds me of the time I had to fish a lot to finish getting my fishing skills up to level 5, I fished and fished in Mystery Lake and when I was finished I had a huge pile of fish.

This was all the fish.

TheLongDark_20210101234552.thumb.jpg.2b289f95d17888e3bad1fb7056176a32.jpg

And this was all the fish lined up outside the door at Camp Office.

TheLongDark_20210102003331.thumb.jpg.7895eaf614bf55ae4d6cca5a175e157e.jpg

I rarely fish if I'm honest., Unless I'm desperate or waiting for a blizzard in coastal I don't much bother.  

Last time I spent four days fishing in ch. Then all three lines snapped in about 5 minutes real time😁

That's a nice lot of suppers you have .and lantern fuel👍😊

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I rarely fish if I'm honest., Unless I'm desperate or waiting for a blizzard in coastal I don't much bother.  

Last time I spent four days fishing in ch. Then all three lines snapped in about 5 minutes real time😁

That's a nice lot of suppers you have .and lantern fuel👍😊

I don't fish much either unless I need lantern fuel.

In my current Pilgrim run I have over 120 days done and I haven't fished once.

1 minute ago, Lone Walker said:

I don't fish much either unless I need lantern fuel.

In my current Pilgrim run I have over 120 days done and I haven't fished once.

It does seem a bit pointless on pilgrim unless you need the fuel but I always get lots of torches when I've got a fire going .  I find the lantern glare a bit much .   I'm about the same time in mine and I only fished while I was bored and waiting for a blizzard.  It's one of the more productive ways of passing time besides reading I think.   

• Upvote 1

I posted this elsewhere but a few weeks ago I was moving some supplies from Mystery Lake to Milton and was using that little park office as a staging area. After getting all of my gear up the rope, I started hauling it to my main base. When I came back for the second load, everything that I'd left behind had up and vanished. Desk drawers now showed empty, and the items placed on surfaces (including a car battery) that had been placed on top of the desk were gone. Bow, arrows, storm lantern, flare gun, a rifle, ammo, and literally the last intact car battery in the game...some really good stuff just up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

7 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I posted this elsewhere but a few weeks ago I was moving some supplies from Mystery Lake to Milton and was using that little park office as a staging area. After getting all of my gear up the rope, I started hauling it to my main base. When I came back for the second load, everything that I'd left behind had up and vanished. Desk drawers now showed empty, and the items placed on surfaces (including a car battery) that had been placed on top of the desk were gone. Bow, arrows, storm lantern, flare gun, a rifle, ammo, and literally the last intact car battery in the game...some really good stuff just up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

That sucks...  Where was it exactly, I could try it ,see if it's a particular place or just damn bad luck on your side.  

• Upvote 1

in most regions the "harvested" saplings on the map disappear when I refresh the map with charcoal.
Although there are always isolated ones that are still displayed and that I then mark with spray paint with an "x".

but in the map of forsaken airfield no sapling seems to disappear at all.. is it just me?

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

That sucks...  Where was it exactly, I could try it ,see if it's a particular place or just damn bad luck on your side.  

It was Mountain Town, the little park office near the picnic area/rock climb with the bed on the floor. There's a desk in there with a computer on it, and I stashed junk in and on that desk.

I have tried to replicate it and had zero results. It appears to be a one-off. I just role-played it as some other survivor jacked my stash. I then made a point to rebuild it all. Headed to DP which is the most remote region where I'd stashed a rifle, and grabbed it. Then headed to BI to mill it back up to full condition, then pressed on to BR to forge new arrowheads and craft a new bow. Also made a trip back to TWM to grab one of the lanterns I'd left behind. Took a couple in-game weeks but I'm back in action. 

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

It was Mountain Town, the little park office near the picnic area/rock climb with the bed on the floor. There's a desk in there with a computer on it, and I stashed junk in and on that desk.

I have tried to replicate it and had zero results. It appears to be a one-off. I just role-played it as some other survivor jacked my stash. I then made a point to rebuild it all. Headed to DP which is the most remote region where I'd stashed a rifle, and grabbed it. Then headed to BI to mill it back up to full condition, then pressed on to BR to forge new arrowheads and craft a new bow. Also made a trip back to TWM to grab one of the lanterns I'd left behind. Took a couple in-game weeks but I'm back in action. 

Well I'm glad you're back up and still running.    It's frustrating to lose your gear though especially when it's good rarer stuff.  I will nip back up there and try anyway I've got plenty of gear that won't be missed and it might help. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well I'm glad you're back up and still running.    It's frustrating to lose your gear though especially when it's good rarer stuff.  I will nip back up there and try anyway I've got plenty of gear that won't be missed and it might help. 

I have a feel this is also just another occurrence of the phenomena since the save method update, with multi threading somehow messing up the seen/not seen status of various items and locations and they get reset/rerandomized. If that’s the case, it must be one of the most maddening thing HL is working on to resolve as we speak…

Losing your stuff like this seems also maddening... if the cause is the same, their suggested workaround might help you get them back...:
"Workaround: Moving far away and then back again may result in the missing objects reappearing to their original places."

source: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/13754630088852-PC

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AdamvR said:

I have a feel this is also just another occurrence of the phenomena since the save method update, with multi threading somehow messing up the seen/not seen status of various items and locations and they get reset/rerandomized. If that’s the case, it must be one of the most maddening thing HL is working on to resolve as we speak…

Losing your stuff like this seems also maddening... if the cause is the same, their suggested workaround might help you get them back...:
"Workaround: Moving far away and then back again may result in the missing objects reappearing to their original places."

source: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/13754630088852-PC

Thanks.   

I have had the odd thing disappear over the last few years but not large amounts like @ajb1978 has. 

It is very frustrating.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Posting it here because I'm not sure if it's an actual bug/issue/changed how it works or if I'm just THE MOST UNLUCKY SURVIVOR this run. I've gotten Intestinal Parasites TWICE in one run (Custom settings but didn't touch the illnesses sliders) from eating just one piece of wolf meat (so <1% risk) and I've genuinely never even had it happen once in well over 1000 hours of playing 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renn said:

Posting it here because I'm not sure if it's an actual bug/issue/changed how it works or if I'm just THE MOST UNLUCKY SURVIVOR this run. I've gotten Intestinal Parasites TWICE in one run (Custom settings but didn't touch the illnesses sliders) from eating just one piece of wolf meat (so <1% risk) and I've genuinely never even had it happen once in well over 1000 hours of playing 😂

If you've always had them on in the settings then you've been incredibly lucky to never have had it before now.   Sounds like your luck has just run out

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

If you've always had them on in the settings then you've been incredibly lucky to never have had it before now.   Sounds like your luck has just run out

Yeah always either played on Interloper or interloper made harder in custom. I was always of the understanding that as long as you only eat one piece and keep the risk at 1%, your chance of actually getting it is virtually none. And now I'm in the middle of Ash Canyon, probably the worst place to contract it 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renn said:

Yeah always either played on Interloper or interloper made harder in custom. I was always of the understanding that as long as you only eat one piece and keep the risk at 1%, your chance of actually getting it is virtually none. And now I'm in the middle of Ash Canyon, probably the worst place to contract it 😂

There aren't that many good places to get it but agreed.. maybe ash isn't the greatest 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Renn said:

as long as you only eat one piece and keep the risk at 1%, your chance of actually getting it is virtually none.

And yet, the first time I ever ate wolf with all the afflictions turned on, I got parasites on a 1% risk 🤦‍♂️ FML

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

One of my weird ones again...... I've had a few multiple sticks near the exit to mystery lake from the ravine already but when I walked into the ravine this morning I found loads of limbs everywhere  between the exit and the cave...   Half piled up on each other...   I didn't harvest them.  But I couldn't help laughing.

• Upvote 1

Had problem with the page for buffers etc today.. 

I was doing faithful cartographer and checking the list when after a while the entire page would only show me the map list.  I couldn't scroll down return to the previous pages or anything else.  I now can't access any of them.no cairns,buffers etc pages,I'm just stuck with the cartographer page image and can't even click on that.  I have gone off it several times,gone to sleep and a loading screen but nothing.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Had problem with the page for buffers etc today.. 

I was doing faithful cartographer and checking the list when after a while the entire page would only show me the map list.  I couldn't scroll down return to the previous pages or anything else.  I now can't access any of them.no cairns,buffers etc pages,I'm just stuck with the cartographer page image and can't even click on that.  I have gone off it several times,gone to sleep and a loading screen but nothing.

Reloading this morning seems to have fixed it ...so far.

• Upvote 1