Announcing TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY

Admin

1 hour ago, Luca Loquax said:

My first time in Hushed River Valley was when I spawned there in Escape The Dogwalker. 

*SOMEHOW* through dumb luck and determination I made it out to Milton with a minimum of trouble and to this day I have no idea how I pulled that off.

There is, apparently, something to be said for beginners' luck and not overthinking things.  :)

Escape the Dogwalker?  🤣  (I can't shake the image now of Astrid running away from some guy with five poodles on leashes).

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Disable the rifle and revolver, and DP becomes a different challenge... even with "pilgrim" loot.  Dial it up to low availability and spawn there such that the hammer isn't there either and you've got a different challenge yet again.  One-zone runs are all about making do without whatever the zone doesn't have in it on that run.  Randomizing things further is going to make them even more exciting - one can live in "hope" of finding what they need, but there may be (I hope) no guarantees. 

I do keep each run relatively short (30 to 50 days at most).  The smaller zones are my "quicker" runs and zones like Ash Canyon I stretch out longer.  I anticipate that managing the long climbs in AC potentially without ever availing oneself of crampons and the backpack is going to add a little bit to "challenge" of staying in that one zone only, but certainly won't make it impossible.  My least favorite one-zone is Bleak Inlet, since the spawn point inside that zone means one can never access the entire zone or the workshop.  I usually start those in ML and commit to leaving ML with only the means (i.e. a rope) to get to the upper portion of BI.

However, randomizing the loot will also potentially make exploring the entire world more chaotic (and fun) for me.

Of course, if one activates the trader (and depending on what's the price), it could change the nature of these runs such that they all play out even more the same than they currently do.

I do have my own little challenges in the game so it doesn't get too easy or stale. .playing pilgrim can get mighty boring sometimes if I'm honest..  at the moment I'm having fun in BlackRock ,trying to get to a spot on the map I've never been able to reach before.  And hopefully find the cache along the way despite being in there several times before. I'm going round in circles getting lost with gear fast running out.  And time as the update nears.   I don't normally stay anywhere long enough so this is a real test for me.

New spawn sites and refreshes will make it a whole new challenge so like you it'll be more fun for me too. 

Of course I'll probably try the trader once just out of curiosity but running around lost and hungry is more of a challenge.

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:54 AM, vladxs2000 said:

Hi guys,

Any info if the game will be updated to natively support apple's m1, m2 processors and of course Metal 3 for the mac version?

I have been asking this same question.  Seems like MAC is last on the radar, at best.

Edited by Mig_zvm

On 11/30/2022 at 2:55 AM, Ghurcb said:

But they are gonna be added in one of the free survival updates, not the expansion pass. Frankly, I don't see the need for improvised cramp-ons, if devs wanted to add a way to lower your chances of getting a sprain, they could make it so that you (for example) can't get one when you're at <50% of your carry capacity. If improvised cramp-ons are gonna be as good as the normal ones, that would likely discourage people from exploring ash canyon.

It's possible they might remove the regular Crampons on Stalker and above.

This would make improvised crampons the only option for those playing the highest difficulties.

Edited by RossBondReturns
extra words
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

It's possible they might remove the regular Crampons on Stalker and above.

This would make improvised crampons the only option for those playing the highest difficulties.

Certainly possible that it would be associated with the baseline resource setting... baseline resources low (which is the one that eliminates the high-end clothing, knives and hatchets, etc.) affecting interloper, but not stalker.  If they go that route, I would expect then that the crampons would only disappear from interloper and custom games where the baseline resources are set to low.  There may or may not be a separate toggle to deactivate them separated (as is the case with the guns).

4 minutes ago, Luca Loquax said:

SAME !   I am going to convert that de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver into a Strategic Bomber, fly over the Bear's spawn point and assume a Nuclear Assault Readiness Formation.   :)   

We have to find the bears first... I'm presuming the refresh will move them as well.   

I'd be happy with a rocket launcher 😁

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mistral said:

Thank god it's a national holiday here on Tuesday, for maximum first impressions session. What's the launch time for tomorrow, 10AM Pacific again? Guess I'll watch that long Raph video while the game starts downloading

the DLC comes tomorrow (depending where you are), the 5th. 10am PST is correct :)

Hello everyone! T minus 61 minutes until the update for PC, I feel like a kid in a candy shop with unlimited spending budget! 

However, quick question; will I have to redo all my settings, especially the one for getting not nauseous? 

Edited by Iriskl
Missed some words due to excitement
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Iriskl said:

However, quick question; will I have to redo all my settings, especially the one for getting not nauseous? 

I don’t think so. Even when I uninstalled TLD and came back to it a few months later, the settings were still the same. I don’t see how this would be any different.

• Like 1