Announcing TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY

Admin

2 hours ago, DaGnome91 said:

Really REALLY eager to know more about this Far Territory and its whereabouts!

I hope they've listened to fans who've been playing since early access...who don't want its whereabouts spoiled.

Who want a return to having to find new things themselves.

Back to when you had to find a region before you could later spawn there.

Please, Hinterland, don't tell us where the transition to the Travel Zone(s) is/are. Let us find them.

2 minutes ago, Ghurcb said:

Okay, so Hinterland are adding cougars, does, and a new bird type. No boars, though. I guess, I stand corrected. 

Can't wait! 

What you see in the expansion website roadmap is like the content we get just for this month. I wonder what else we get within next 2.5 months. Maybe there will be more animals or something. Crazy stuff. :)

Loot and animal spawn tables + player starting locations being entirely refreshed makes even the base game feel entirely new I think, especially as they say they are trying to make each (already existing) region feel more unique. So gone are probably guaranteed matches at Mountaineer Hut and gone are guaranteed rabbits and wolves next to it and so on. Maybe the bear now sits next to the cabin and there's only crackers to be had. I assume HRV spawns are now gonna radically differ from say Coastal Highway... Hopefully this would also mean a bit more randomization in animal pathing too.

And on top of that the ACTUAL new stuff of course...

The insanity + trader stuff seems a bit questionable on paper still but all the rest, wow!

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

On the expansion pass page it literally tells us it connects to Broken Railroad.

I wish they hadn't told us...it's not like we wouldn't have found out within like 1 hour of gameplay.

They've told us the connecting region in all of the previous region updates too so I'm not sure how this is surprising to you. Even if they had not told us, the game menus do.

And you'll still have to find the entrance in BR anyway. (Even if it should be more obvious than it was with Blackrock / Ash / Bleak)

Edited by Mistral

1 minute ago, Mistral said:

They've told us the connecting region in all of the previous region updates too so I'm not sure how this is surprising to you. Even if they had not told us, the game menus do.

Back in the early days they did not tell us.

They made us find transition zones...and they didn't let you start in any region you wanted initially you had to find it first.

9 minutes ago, Mistral said:

Loot and animal spawn tables + player starting locations being entirely refreshed makes even the base game feel entirely new I think, especially as they say they are trying to make each (already existing) region feel more unique. So gone are probably guaranteed matches at Mountaineer Hut and gone are guaranteed rabbits and wolves next to it and so on. Maybe the bear now sits next to the cabin and there's only crackers to be had. I assume HRV spawns are now gonna radically differ from say Coastal Highway... Hopefully this would also mean a bit more randomization in animal pathing too.

And on top of that the ACTUAL new stuff of course...

The insanity + trader stuff seems a bit questionable on paper still but all the rest, wow!

You're misreading...there is no Insanity affliction.

Insomnia now...that's what's coming.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RossBondReturns said:

Back in the early days they did not tell us.

They made us find transition zones...and they didn't let you start in any region you wanted initially you had to find it first.

In the early days there were only couple of maps (well, 1 at the start...), not game world that is now much bigger than that of Skyrim.

As for the latter point you can replicate that feeling either by doing a Loper start or random spawn, so what's the issue? (It's even probable that you cannot start in the new hub without finding it first anyway)

2 minutes ago, Mistral said:

In the early days there were only couple of maps (well, 1 at the start...), not game world that is now much bigger than that of Skyrim.

As for the latter point you can replicate that feeling either by doing a Loper start or random spawn, so what's the issue? (It's even probable that you cannot start in the new hub without finding it first anyway)

Indeed.

Also on top of that ALL Spawn Points in all Regions for the Player have been changed.
All wildlife spawn points and pathfinding have been changed.
All item spawn points and loot tables have been refreshed.