Announcing TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY

Admin

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience as I put this dev diary together. It took a while. As you’ll see below, there is a lot of information to share, and we wanted to make sure we crossed all our Ts and dotted all our Is before we put it in front of you.

First thing, though—I’m excited to reveal the title and key art for the first Expansion Pass content for THE LONG DARK. We call it, TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY.

small.thumb.png.6460eadcd5af6bfaef41ae38e4a3fd26.png

Plus, check out the teaser trailer below: 

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is the first paid content for THE LONG DARK since we launched on Steam Early Access back in 2014. Those of you who read my dev diaries or follow me or Hinterland on Twitter know we’ve been considering ways to create a more long-term sustainable model for ongoing Survival Mode improvements, and in my last dev diary I hinted at the form this might take. Since sharing that info, we’ve had more time to refine our thinking and planning, and so today I’m proud to be able to share the results.

But first -- the obligatory marketing blurb:

Deep along the spine of Great Bear tracks a steep mountain range that bisects the island.

This is the Far Range, an imposing wall of rock that stands vigilant over 
Great Bear’s priceless resource riches.

Over the decades, many have tried, few have succeeded to crack open the wealth within these rocks. And mysteries abound. Dark stories told around campfires, about abandoned mines and remote airfields that hold many secrets.

Now, with the aurora blazing across the sky, is the Far Territory ready to surrender its stories? Will you survive long enough to wrest any truths from the rocky grasp of this old, dark territory?

Makes you feel cold just reading about it.

WHAT IS THE EXPANSION PASS?

The Far Territory is our first attempt to expand the world of Great Bear Island with something entirely new. To get there, you must take a long and treacherous journey along abandoned railway lines, tunnel systems, and caverns, to get to the hub region that then connects to three other large regions. We’ll be revealing this new part of Great Bear Island to you over the course of the 12-month Expansion Pass campaign. Some of the things you can expect to see added in TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY include:

• Three new Regions, connected by the long travel zones and hub region. The first of these Regions, “Forsaken Airfield”, and the travel zones all launch with the Expansion Pass. The other two Regions will be released over the course of the 12-month campaign.
  • Three Tales, narrative-themed Challenges that take place within your Survival game, each revealing insights into the Far Territory’s mysterious history.
  • New gameplay systems including: Handheld Shortwave, Travois, Safehouse Customization, Trader, Complex Recipes for Cooking, and new Item Variants. We’ll share more info about each of these features on the larger Expansion Pass site we’ll be launching closer to release.
  • 20+ minutes of new Survival music (10+ minutes included in the first Drop).

And much more...

WHAT ABOUT FREE UPDATES?

In addition to the huge amount of new content and features going into the paid Expansion Pass, we will also continue making meaningful free updates with new systems, content, and improvements to the “base” Survival Mode, including:

• Full global loot and wildlife refresh. We’ve redone all the loot tables, all the pre-placed loot, and rebalanced the loot economy across the entire game. The Resource refresh will go live for all players when the Expansion launches, and the full Wildlife refresh will come some time next year.
  • Visor Notes. You’ll be able to find notes under visors (and other locations) that point to supply caches and other useful things, hidden all over the world.
  • New First-Person animations. We’ve added a whole bunch of new animations for harvesting actions, and more.
  • Thermos. You know — to keep your drinks warm.
  • Visual enhancements (focused on high-end systems).
  • Burdock, a new edible plant.
  • Improvised Crampons, so you can make them yourself. Watch those ankles!
  • ...and a range of enhancements to existing systems.

Please keep in mind these are just partial lists. We’ll share a more complete list as we approach launch, but this should give you a sense of the scope of the Expansion Pass, and some of the other things we’ll be doing to keep the game fresh for all our players.

All of these updates will be released in content “drops”, with our goal being to release a new Drop every 8-10 weeks. This cadence is pretty aggressive in comparison to how we’ve been updating the game since we started releasing Episodes, but with the major changes we made to the game’s structure, splitting Story and Survival into two separate games, and other pipeline and workflow improvements the team has implemented during the last year or so, we are in a much better place to deliver frequent, meaningful updates to Survival like we did in the earlier years of the project. And we’re very excited to be getting back to that!

We’ll be releasing a full roadmap for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on our Expansion Pass site closer to launch, and we’ll share the link here, on our social channels, in the forums, and to our mailing list.

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY will be priced at $19.99 USD at launch. (Your pricing might be different depending on where you are buying in the world, as we do our best to price sensitively accounting for the power of your local currency.) There will be a bundle option that lets you save a bit of money if you already own THE LONG DARK. At the midway point the price will go up by $5, to reflect that more of the content is available. At the end of the 12-month campaign, we’ll increase the price by $5 again, to $29.99. So, the best time to buy TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is at launch, but if you prefer to wait until the end of the campaign to see how all the content and features turned out, you can certainly do that! We won’t be “sunsetting” or “vaulting” the content afterwards, so your purchase will be protected over the long term.

NEW SKUS

This won’t affect most people reading this as you already own THE LONG DARK, and nothing about your ownership will change. You will keep everything you have, and you will still get all five WINTERMUTE episodes including Episode Five when it unlocks sometime in late 2023 (current target; subject to change).

Since we have split the game between Survival and Story Modes, we were able to create a standalone Survival-only version of the game, and so along with the release of TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, we will also launch a new Survival Edition, which comes in at a lower price point and only includes Survival Mode. We look at it as an “entry point” into THE LONG DARK. From Survival Edition, you can get the WINTERMUTE Episodes as DLC, and/or you can buy TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY. And if you want it all, you’ll be able to purchase the QUIET APOCALYPSE BUNDLE. 

988508718_SKUPlanv3.thumb.png.32ec680356842d82436638301b8d0c55.png

Basically, we are trying to create as many good options for our customers as possible, both creating opportunities for new players to come in at different price points, and also protecting our existing players’ investments and experience of THE LONG DARK. We think this is part of nurturing the ongoing growth of THE LONG DARK as a game, and as an important part of Hinterland’s business moving forward. We also hope to use these changes as an opportunity to test and learn new things about how we might launch and support future games at Hinterland.

SAVE COMPATIBILITY

Unfortunately, your current Survival saves WILL NOT work with the game once it has been updated. This is true even if you don’t buy the Expansion Pass.

The reason for this is that we’ve made many changes to the Save system, and the underlying architecture of the game itself, to improve, future-proof, and optimize it, and these changes mean that all “old” saves (meaning from a version of THE LONG DARK from before the Expansion Pass launch) will be incompatible with the new Save format.

A few more clarifying points:

• All unlocked Feats, Feats progress, and Achievements will be carried over to the Expansion Pass and updated Survival Mode. You will not lose these!
  • All previous WINTERMUTE save files and general episode unlocks will continue to work in the updated Story Mode.

For anyone who has the game on Steam, you will be able to continue to use your current Save Games on an older version of the game, using our Time Capsule feature. You’ll be able to keep your “old” save games going using the older Time Capsule build (any build before the Expansion Pass release, actually). But since this is an older version, you won’t have access to any of the new content or enhancements that are going into both the Base Game, and the Expansion Pass.

Our recommendation is that if you have a Survival run you’d like to finish up, try to do so before the Expansion Pass launches. If you want to continue playing it, you can do so using Time Capsule. But you’ll only get to experience the new content, any of the improvements and optimizations, by creating a new game using the updated foundation that comes with the Expansion Pass release. 

Unfortunately, Steam is the only platform we can offer the Time Capsule feature on. Players on other platforms will want to complete their in-progress Survival runs, then start new games when the game gets updated at the Expansion Pass launch.

We understand that this isn’t ideal. Unfortunately, we haven’t made many changes to the Save system in many years, and we’ve found players having a growing number of issues with old saves due to this. The clean-up was necessary for the future growth of THE LONG DARK and for the quality of game experience for all our players, and although we know some of you will be upset at having to abandon your saves, we’re hopeful that you will find excitement in the idea of starting fresh and experiencing the early phases of a Survival adventure all over again.

WHEN IS IT LAUNCHING?

We’ll share the launch date in the coming weeks, but you can expect TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY to launch on Steam and Epic Game Store in December.

WHAT ABOUT OTHER PLATFORMS?

We’re focused on the Steam and Epic Game Store launches for this year, with Xbox and PlayStation coming in late-January/early-February, and Switch coming sometime in March. Other smaller stores and platforms will be added as we’re able.

Why the delay? Since it’s so much easier and quicker for us to update the game on Steam and Epic, we’re focusing on them so that when we come back after the holidays, we’ll be ready to submit the game to the console platforms for release. So much has changed about the fundamental structure of the game, we just felt safer launching on a more limited number of platforms at first, in case any issues arise. We’ll do our best to keep the timing gap between platforms as short as possible.

WISHLIST NOW!

If you like what you’ve seen here, we encourage you to Wishlist the Expansion Pass so that you get a notification when it goes live later this year. We’ll also be running a pre-order campaign closer to launch.

EPISODE FIVE

We haven’t forgotten about Episode Five! We’re focusing our communications bandwidth on educating and promoting TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY for now, but after it launches and the Expansion Pass campaign is underway, we’ll provide an update on our plans for wrapping up WINTERMUTE. It’s been a big story so far with a lot of threads to tie up, so Episode Five is going to be substantial. Already feeling sad to leave the story of Mackenzie, Astrid, the hardcase, Perseverance Mills, and the rest of it, but all good things must come to an end.

WHAT ABOUT HALLOWEEN?

We’ve been so busy rebuilding the game to accommodate the split, and adding all the content and features going into the first Expansion Pass Drop, that unfortunately we just couldn’t also make time to prepare anything cool for Halloween this year. Sorry about that.

THE LONG DARK PLAYER COUNT UPDATE

It’s been a little while since we shared player counts for THE LONG DARK. Here are the latest cumulative numbers, platform by platform. (We’ve rounded the numbers a bit.)

• Steam (paid): 4,000,000
  • Xbox (paid): 750,000
  • Xbox Game Pass (subscription): 2,000,000
  • PlayStation (paid): 500,000
  • PlayStation+ (subscription): 1,300,000
  • Switch (paid): 68,000
  • WeGame (paid): 125,000
  • Epic Game Store (combo paid + give-away): 1,500,000+ 

That brings the total player count for THE LONG DARK to over 10 Million Players. We also have over 1 Million players actively playing the game every month, and we’re excited to see this monthly active player number go up even more as a result of the Expansion Pass rejuvenating player excitement for Survival Mode.

It’s pretty exciting for us to see these numbers for our quiet little (very) solo Survival experience. Thanks for all your support and being part of making this happen. 

NEW PROJECTS

As mentioned in the last Dev Dairy, I’ve stepped back from daily leadership of THE LONG DARK to focus on Hinterland’s next games. We’re working on some exciting new things and I can’t wait to share some early news some time next year.

THANKS!

Thanks for reading all this, and for your ongoing support of Hinterland and your interest in what we’re making for you. Hopefully you found some stuff in this dev diary that gets you excited about the future of THE LONG DARK, and Hinterland in general. We can’t wait to share more details of all the various things we’re working on in the studio. Until then, keep your eyes on our various communications channels including our Official Community and our Mailing List, and if you think the Expansion Pass sounds interesting, we encourage you to Wishlist Here.

More news soon! 

- Raphael

For further discussion on TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, please visit our dedicated Forum Thread

1866881239_fulltravoisimage.thumb.png.908ea9378c695795d457a0a46acdff3e.png

• Upvote 13
  • Like 34

Those numbers are insane, congrats! Looking forward to playing the expansion, but sorry to keep beating the same old drum, but what about upgrades for next-gen consoles, it was mentioned in an earlier update that info would land "soon"? It's really holding me and others back from playing EP4 and not going to play the expansion, before we get 60fps support on PS5, sorry but the 30FPS boat has sailed for lots of us.

Edited by Erroneus
  • Upvote 2

Thank You for the detailed information on Your plans and the consequences. I am looking forward to start a new run within the expanded world. 
And december sounds so sweet. Thank You too for considering the "old" survival game mechanics and tackling the loot tables. 

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Admin said:

Transponder,

Use the Transponder to call the trader.

22 hours ago, Admin said:

Trader

Trader air drops supplies on you in bundles of: two MRE's, two fire logs and 24 matches for 1.99, Ten MRE's, Ten logs, 100 matches and, three days of good weather for 9.99, bonus hp and an extra perk slot for 9.99, a revive, plus a bear skin coat for a limited time for 9.99 , a special set of cloths that better than any cloths in the game in every way and five MRE's for 15.99, horse armor 2.50, Ten revives for 24.99, and all of the above x10 for 99.99!

23 hours ago, Admin said:

Safehouse Customization

Put the pleasant valley farmhouse anywhere for 14.99, Upgrade it with a forge in three weeks or for 4.99, turn it pink for 4.99 as well! Add a potted plant for ONLY 1.99!

• Upvote 5
  • Like 3

Damn, Im so hyped! Im ready to uncover the secrets of this new region and those survival mode narratives sound really interesting. If they're anything like story mode's side quests then I'm sure theyll be a hit!

Im sure base customization will be an absolute must that may also spark a bit of community creative outlet! 

Also a use for car visors finally is exciting! ^^

• Upvote 5

Great stuff! I also am hyped, full thoughts to follow shortly, but I just had to pedantically point out some written errors in the expansion page post on this page...

https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/

You kind of repeat yourself exactly under 'Who Is It For?' and 'What Is It An Add-On To?'. Best cut one of those!

You also have a typo on 'What About Players Who Don't BY the expansion pass...' header. Just a couple of things to fix! Anyway... on to m'thoughts...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nervous Pete said:

Great stuff! I also am hyped, full thoughts to follow shortly, but I just had to pedantically point out some written errors in the expansion page post on this page...

https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/

You kind of repeat yourself exactly under 'Who Is It For?' and 'What Is It An Add-On To?'. Best cut one of those!

You also have a typo on 'What About Players Who Don't BY the expansion pass...' header. Just a couple of things to fix! Anyway... on to m'thoughts...

Thank you for the feedback! 

37 minutes ago, RegentRelic said:

Use the Transponder to call the trader.

Trader air drops supplies on you in bundles of: two MRE's, two fire logs and 24 matches for 1.99, Ten MRE's, Ten logs, 100 matches and, three days of good weather for 9.99, bonus hp and an extra perk slot for 9.99, a revive, plus a bear skin coat for a limited time for 9.99 , a special set of cloths that better than any cloths in the game in every way and five MRE's for 15.99, horse armor 2.50, Ten revives for 24.99, and all of the above x10 for 99.99!

Safehouse Customization: Put the pleasant valley farmhouse anywhere for 14.99, Upgrade it with a forge in three weeks or for 4.99, turn it pink for 4.99 as well! Add a potted plant for ONLY 1.99!

Haha 🤣

23 hours ago, Admin said:
  • Full global loot and wildlife refresh. We’ve redone all the loot tables, all the pre-placed loot, and rebalanced the loot economy across the entire game. The Resource refresh will go live for all players when the Expansion launches, and the full Wildlife refresh will come some time next year.

That's going to be interesting for Interloper / NOGOA.

Will we just have to learn new loot tables, or will it be more random ?

-t

• Like 2

At least the announcement has answered one question I had:  What will happen to legacy save games? 

I expected, but hoped otherwise, that legacy save games would not continue in the "main" line of the game (Legacy Save Game Massacre II:() but being able to use the time capsule should mitigate that impact.  I had wanted to get my  various same games (all Pilgrim) to the end of road in Perseverance Mills and if I can do that then I can make do.  

Since the update will impact the game no matter what, I will get the full expansion set.  I will see how this works out.  I can start from square one yet again and continue to adventure on Great Bear Island... you sure it is ONLY an ISLAND? 

Wait a minute... will the recipes allow for 🥞?

Im so excited about all of this!!! Thank you for all your hard work.

Some (nitpicky) feedback:

- DLC store page has a typo "Firestating"

- DLC store page calls one region "mine" while your .com/expansion says "industrial mine"

- Acorns, electrostatic fog, and insomnia are only mentioned on the dlc steam page, not the .com/expansion or dev diary.

- In some places you say "radio" and in some places "transponder"

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

Okay, so first off thanks for the update team! I think you are going about the right way with splitting The Long Dark into two branches, and I like the structure you have for the Survival Mode Edition, allowing players to opt into to DLC with a top-up payment. Paired with the main game offering the Tales pack as an expansion, I think it's fairly clear and transparent. Price-wise I think it's reasonable, naturally depending on the strength of the expansion narrative and region design. I appreciate the delicate balance you have with the pitching of the extra gameplay items, introducing new elements for value for money but at the same time fearful of breaking a great core system.

Three new regions: 

Airfield. Industrial Mine. Mountain Pass.

Of the three of these I'm most hyped for airfield, as I loved the concept art for it many, many moons ago before the game even launched. The other two have my attention naturally and I look forward to what the art and mapping teams make of them, but I would have been quite intrigued by an Overlook Hotel region. 

Gameplay Systems:

Okay. Travois is common sense, and I really like it as an end survival game idea. Being that lonely figure trudging across a landscape pulling a travois. It'd be particularly atmospheric if there was a piece of music dedicated to this. Also... something I've long thought of... but the idea of burying the dead, using a travois or sled to pull them to a burial spot. That would give me real melancholy Jack London vibes and I'd really feel as if I were putting lost souls to rest with dignity and closing a chapter on a past age. Please think about it.

Safehouse customisation. This is the big thing for me. The Long Dark has been a welcome haven for my mental health in these genuinely troubled times. Hell, I even dream I'm in it every couple of months. To have a place that I could call my own, tidy slowly decorate in a spartan fashion... I'm not talking No Man Sky levels of customisation, just the stuff you do slowly claiming as a home what was originally an emergency retreat.

Shortwave Radio. Great idea! I always found the landlines to be a clever compromise with the limited animation budget, and the idea that you could chat with another survivor out there Firewatch style is an appealing one in survival. Their valley could be inaccessible, but you'd still have things to talk about. I don't know if it would be possible, but having dialogue generate 'Hades' style on what you'd been up to would be incredible. So say you escape from wolves that day, or find a rifle, you'd be talking about it next phone call. Tricky to pull off, but contextual dialogue sprinkled in limited amounts would be pretty immersive.

Weapon & Tool Variations / Item Variants. Some people really dig custom tools so it's a nice idea. I'm less fussed, but I can imagine a lot of people would get a kick out of it. 

Trader. Okay, this is kind of exciting. I'd like them to be a character in their own right and not just a Bethesda style blank-faced trade-bot. Perhaps you could 'unlock' them by saving their life. Long Dark has a pretty good run of memorable characters, so having an option trader who moves through would retain the isolation but give a real thrill as one day, looking out across the snowy plain... is that...? No! But yes! Blinky Joe the Trader! 

Recipes for Cooking. Oooooh yes. I like cooking me. And I have a hell of a lot berries to use. Give me that full Gary Paulson Hatchet cookbook experience. 

MOAR Survival Music

Yes Yes Yes!

Visors

Yes! I knew you were real and would one day reward me, Visor God! I flip your fabric-clad flippy things in supplication!

Thermos

Weak lemon drink option or my money back please. ("You can drink it now, or save it for later." - Obscure British comedy Lee & Herring joke, apologies)

So all the paid stuff above is a good thing that I'm looking forward to. My only request would be that regarding the new region please be very careful against introducing any science-fiction or fantastical elements into it. The Carrington effect stuff is good science applied to a game, and the way it affects wildlife is a neat fantastical explanation as to the hostile wolves et al. I also really like the light touch 'magical realism' of the bear in story mode. I just hope the narrative doesn't go out there X-Files style, as I really enjoy the feeling of it being a possible, grounded, disaster that at the same time makes you feel insignificant and makes you really shrink back into the same superstitious wide-eyed fear of nature that our ancestors had. 

The new animations and visual enhancements also have me quietly hyped, though to be honest if The Long Dark never advanced visually from its current atmospheric polish I'd be content. I have both the PC version and the Switch version, and I'm ready to accept that new graphical fancies aren't going to make it to that humble handheld device... but I still love you Switchy-Survival-Fun. 

The Save System Issues

Honestly I think you've done a super-human effort in preserving saves this far in the teeth of updates, and I understand that this move will break them. The time-capsule machine will be there to ease the pain. I would suggest though maybe an export feature for the Diary as a PDF for us hardcore retreat-into-game-building-our-own-narrative creatives. I've had some fine diary runs in the past I'd have loved to preserve. 

So I'm looking forward to December! Best of luck moving forward with this, and like you I look forward to the community energy this new survival venture will elicit. I expect in small measure delays, frustrations, miscommunications, broken things, bugs, failures both amusing and embarrassing but - as it moves forward - something pretty damn wonderful and creative and immersive to come out of all this. All the best to the team, old and new, and I can't wait to see what unfolds!

P.S: Hope you keep up with the chunky update videos as stuff comes out with the updates. I always loved watching those on YouTube. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Wow! I knew answering that long form questionnaire way back when wouldn't be in vain. Thanks for listening to the community's suggestions and actually following through with them! Excited to get back into the game and experiment with all the new mechanics and content. Can't wait!

New Clothing and Food items, and Rare Tool variants.

As silly as this sounds, this alone is already will greatly improve my enjoyment of the game. A collectible with practical uses, gotta catch 'em all. :D

Edited by Dan_
  • Upvote 2

Guest jeffpeng

Amazing stuff. Won't comment on everything in detail since it's just so much, and I greatly appreciate pretty much all of it. I've been an early advocate of the game having some DLC content, and I'm very happy it's finally happening and hopefully keeping the game alive for a couple more years. It's amazing to see what one can accomplish with some stubbornness and dedication (and maybe some talent 😅), and I am very excited for things to come.

Maybe the biggest hype for me is redoing the loot tables and re-balancing resources. I'm not playing with loot table sheets, but even with months in between I have them so burned into my head that it's hard not to know where things are when. If you haven't only redone them, but also included more of them to maybe scramble my brain sufficiently I'll be a very happy camper. Also the additions coming with the Expansion Pass, like the Travois or customizations, will greatly enhance the game. The new Regions will surely make the game feel even less "finite" as it already is. There is a critical mass you reach when it comes to the size of a game world when it starts to border on "too big to have seen it all", and I feel TLD will achieve this with the expansion. Very few games have.

Losing old saves might be a big bummer for a lot of folks, but I just as well can understand that cross-version compatibility has its well defined limits and eventually you come to a point where you either break things or cannot advance, and I am confident this decision wasn't made lightly and will have been made for the better in the end.

Among all of this praise, however, I must acknowledge that @Dum_Gen, and certainly others that feel like them, have a point - a big, hurtful point. Yes, Wintermute has grown to epic proportions; yes, half of it was done twice; yes, people will eventually get what they paid for; yes, Hinterland has stuck to their promises and not abandoned the game when every major studio would have long ago; and finally yes, Survival was constantly updated free of charge - but no, taking over half a decade to deliver on a product is not okay, and a large portion of people purchased The Long Dark years ago, thinking they'd buy a story driven open-world survival game which they still haven't fully received. And now there is a DLC coming for that portion of the game they didn't (and maybe still don't) want anyways, which will probably serve most of the player base better (me included), but not them. So at least criticism is warranted and justified.

Nonetheless: freezing hyped, boi!

It's going to take a while to absorb all this. It certainly looks like it will be worth the wait. I for one don't mind losing old saves when a whole new world awaits.

The amount of hours I play and what this game means to someone with an extremely isolated life, well, even the full annual price is worth every single penny.

However I do agree with @jeffpeng and his usual fair and perceptive comments regarding Wintermute. Even though I never personally got past episode one, just not my bag, the criticisms are well justified.

None of this can take away from the intense excitement though.

This from @Nervous Pete echoes much of what excites me about the new game and why.

"Safehouse customisation. This is the big thing for me. The Long Dark has been a welcome haven for my mental health ... To have a place that I could call my own, tidy slowly decorate in a spartan fashion... I'm not talking No Man Sky levels of customisation, just the stuff you do slowly claiming as a home what was originally an emergency retreat"

As someone who has PTSD and severe chronic nerve pain, plus an injury to my left arm that now prevents me playing most games of interest, TLD plays a huge part in keeping me alive. To those who raise your eyebrows at such a bold assertion, it is entirely accurate. I've lost the vast majority of who I was and what I could do; the TLD world helps soften the blow of all the empty hours and real life loneliness.

As much as I appreciate the mods and modders, I never wanted to use them. However the glaring gaps in the offerings for space customisation (and other areas like cooking and crafting) are hopefully going to be addressed by the new game. If this means I can go unmodded then I'll be delighted.

(I hope the modders aren't offended by this; I know the amount of work you have put in and greatly appreciate it. I've just never liked modding my games if I can help it)

Thank you Hinterland for what is pretty much my most beloved game of the 35 years I've been gaming.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 7

Cool! We waited. 

So a lot of things have been written and everything is delicious. Maybe not everything I would like to see in the game, but it's very cool. I must say, we are not the most spoiled consumers of content. The most important thing is that the added items are in demand. I would say that there will always be dissatisfied and offended users, but unfortunately it will not be possible to please everyone. I am glad of the news, but I will be more happy when I can buy a subscription. I hope I can. 😉

There is also a question with the difference in posts here and on steam. Very intrigued by Acorns. Let's see how you implement it. In general, thank you again.

And we are waiting for updates.

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2022 at 5:15 AM, Admin said:

Unfortunately, your current Survival saves WILL NOT work with the game once it has been updated.

New objective: Complete the Faithful Cartographer achievement, before TFTFT launches and my 98% save file goes down in flames. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ghurcb said:

New objective: Complete the Faithful Cartographer achievement, before TFTFT launches and my 98% save file goes down in flames. 

Don't forget to dig a grave for your survivor or save file.

Give em a well deserved but last goodbye!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1