November 2023 Dev Diary

Admin

6 hours ago, AdamvR said:

It's been like that for a while. (although I'm not sure what you mean by "way above"...)
I've assumed it was the dev's response to the many requests about irretrievable arrows, when the bear lays on them, etc... Your arrows are now always on (or even, a bit above) the carcass, or if not, then you collect them all, when clicking on the body.
I'm happy for this change, even if looking a bit unnatural.

I've found some fleeting arrows though, which slowly fly away a little above the ground, you cannot click on them, and after a while they despawn. I reported that as a bug...

From flat ground, I mean at our eye level..   I was walking towards the little  barn near PV farm saw the wolf ahead and got an arrow in my face when I got there lol..

But if it's meant to be like that, albeit not so high then I can live with it. Kind of makes them harder to miss.. 😁 

• Upvote 1

So somewhat related, what is the thing with flare shells, after the carcase disappears I generally find a flare shell floating in the air?

About 10% of the time I cannot pick it up... I mean I am not complaining, I am sure some of my shells have been used 3 times.

I did have a flying bear in Bleak Inlet, which got on the roof of the house by the inlet and then flew around so I had to shot it from below, now that was an experience!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chrislacruz said:

So somewhat related, what is the thing with flare shells, after the carcase disappears I generally find a flare shell floating in the air?

About 10% of the time I cannot pick it up... I mean I am not complaining, I am sure some of my shells have been used 3 times.

I did have a flying bear in Bleak Inlet, which got on the roof of the house by the inlet and then flew around so I had to shot it from below, now that was an experience!

Shhhhh😁.           I have absolutely no knowledge of any such thing happening ever...  

Flying bears is a new one on me though.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

From flat ground, I mean at our eye level..   I was walking towards the little  barn near PV farm saw the wolf ahead and got an arrow in my face when I got there lol..

But if it's meant to be like that, albeit not so high then I can live with it. Kind of makes them harder to miss.. 😁 

hm..., I have not met arrows that high..., so not sure if it is the same or something else...
Wolfies sometimes take "liberal guesses" lately, about what height they would like to spend their last moments on GBI. Sometimes barely out of the snow, others completely disappearing under, and I also recall one jumping up a cliff... might be a combination of the two...

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

hm..., I have not met arrows that high..., so not sure if it is the same or something else...
Wolfies sometimes take "liberal guesses" lately, about what height they would like to spend their last moments on GBI. Sometimes barely out of the snow, others completely disappearing under, and I also recall one jumping up a cliff... might be a combination of the two...

I've not had an issue with the carcasses themselves..    not in that way anyway I don't think..but I have had a lot I couldn't find lately...  maybe that's why though,the sank....   the blood trails seem to stop too ,then turn up next to the body later...

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, chrislacruz said:

I've had flying rabbits in Forsaken Airfield.  I wonder if it's connected to the ptarmigans being able to fly away (the first killable mob that can fly)?

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

Just a thing to keep checking RE the Upcoming update.

Before the last update the Hinterland youtube channel in the Game Update video list had 25 videos with one hidden (the hidden one appeared a day or 2 before the update release).

So I've been checking the same video list for 26 videos (with one hidden) but that hasn't happened yet.

• Upvote 2

Why not tomorrow? Or even today? Their historical release data shows that Monday and Tuesday are the most likely candidates for launch.

Wednesday is probably good day too as game breaking bugs can be solved before weekend starts.

And once again, they are in Pacific time, it's not even 10AM at Hinterland office yet. Obviously they are going to do launch when their support team is staffed, so no 3AM launches (even though Europe would love it). There is a small possibility it could still come out today.

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dominik89 said:

The best date for the launch is today, but there is no movement.I hope it will be released later in the night.We are looking forward.

Note: Raphael could at least come out today and give information in advance.

The best date was yesterday lol

• Upvote 1

All I'm trying to convey is that it will be ready when it's ready... and when it's ready, I'm sure Hinterland will tell us.

I think that creating expectation based on an assumption, is often how folks end up giving themselves a lot of disappointment.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

All I'm trying to convey is that it will be ready when it's ready... and when it's ready, I'm sure Hinterland will tell us.

I think that creating expectation based on an assumption, is often how folks end up giving themselves a lot of disappointment.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

When you saw the gif…. Did you giggle even just a little though??

I was making a joke 🙂👍🏼

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thekillergreece said:

@RossBondReturns @deviro_verity

Official Trailers & Teasers playlist has been updated today. 26 videos, two hidden.

It's most likely today.

Thank. You!

Zombie Wolf day, I can"t wait!!

The more I think about it, the more I expect there will be little to no food in the ZoC. What with the recipes and low weight of cooked items, it would make total sense for it to be an incentive to cook more / make use of what was implemented in the previous update. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

hope I'm wrong, but 2 videos suggests we'll get a short teaser first, with the release trailer a few days later.

There's only one hidden video, as far as I can see. And Raphs post on twitter further suggests a release today:

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1