November 2023 Dev Diary

Admin

5 hours ago, Dan_ said:

They said early december so I popped in here just to be sure it wasn't released on a friday. I have furniture to put together tomorrow and was looking for a reasonable excuse to not do it, like say, a new awesome Tales drop. Guess I'll get my tools then... :D

Funny how everybody is busy discussing the poisoned wolves or the concentration of citric acid in the modern food industry, while I'm just sitting here in a corner very excited for the insulated flask🤓. It will be a game changer for me depending on how much  it extends the warm status and how many cups of drink it holds. 

Oh I am 100% excited for the Insulated Flask. Hopefully there is more than 1 in the world *fingers crossed*  One for stews, one for tea, one for coffee.

Likely the announcement trailer will come out next week and then a week after that it launches.  I was trying to remember what they did for the previous updates

Edited by LumiStylesTTV
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, xHostileHarliex said:

So is the Tales from a far addon not supposed to work for PS5 when the rest of the game does? Because it doesn't and if so can that please be fixed 😭

Are you sure it's not the misconception that almost everyone seems to have?  The maps aren't added to the starting areas screen until you find them in game.

Also if the dlc is installed your Survival menu screen should look something like this.

https://imgur.com/a/0Kf3ypJ

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Damien Boyes said:

I came to check because I wanted it to be a surprise, even knowing everywhere I've ever worked hated releasing anything on a Friday. Because if there were problems, and there were always problems, it meant working over the weekend. Nobody likes working over the weekend.

Every place I've worked I've told them that good engineers don't make major changes on a Friday.  For some reason it's always a source of friction.

3 hours ago, xanna said:

Not at all.
Citric acid occurs "in a variety of fruits and vegetables"
Grapes aren't citrus fruit. Maybe you meant grapefruits, which are citrus and very different from grapes.

I'm a bit confused as to the discussion  on Citric Acid.  Citric acid is completely different from Vitamin C (which is an ascorbic acid). You need Vitamin C to fight off scurvy not Citric Acid.

• Upvote 3

@Abenico

1 hour ago, Abenico said:

so what was the point in quotting me? 

In answer to your question... generally the purpose of quoting another post is to give a reference and context for a response.  Or... to let a poster know their comment is being directly discussed, referred to, commented on, or to maybe even pose a follow up question. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
It's kind of a foundational feature of an online forum. :D

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

Do you feel it? the changing winds, the tremors underfoot, something is about to shift on the island, is your kit ready? did you start curing maples and moose? did you bring your extra combat boots and flight jacket to sacrifice to the dangerous new elements? is Vale station stocked to your liking? better hop to it 🙃

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Do you feel it? the changing winds, the tremors underfoot, something is about to shift on the island, is your kit ready? did you start curing maples and moose? did you bring your extra combat boots and flight jacket to sacrifice to the dangerous new elements? is Vale station stocked to your liking? better hop to it 🙃

I'm so overweight I can barely walk ,hopping isn't an option😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Abenico said:

[the rest of this nonsense has been redacted] ...bug off 

Clearly your rather snide comment was designed to instigate and provoke...  but I'm not going to take the bait.  I'm not going to waste time and energy with the argument you seem to be trying to start. 🤭

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Anyone noticed arrows floating way above the carcasses?   Not sure how long it's been happening for,I don't use the bow very often.. 

It's been like that for a while. (although I'm not sure what you mean by "way above"...)
I've assumed it was the dev's response to the many requests about irretrievable arrows, when the bear lays on them, etc... Your arrows are now always on (or even, a bit above) the carcass, or if not, then you collect them all, when clicking on the body.
I'm happy for this change, even if looking a bit unnatural.

I've found some fleeting arrows though, which slowly fly away a little above the ground, you cannot click on them, and after a while they despawn. I reported that as a bug...

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 2