November 2023 Dev Diary

Admin

15 hours ago, RobotDino11 said:

i agree. i feel that the toxic wolves are a new feature that is its own thing, not some cliché feature or a replacement for a highly requested one. even besides all that, what is there to be upset about? ITS. TOXIC. WOLVES.  Whats not to like?

Oh, I'm quite certain I'm going to hate the toxic wolves (in the best possible way).  It should be quite a challenge getting through that zone.  I'm starting to wonder whether their might be some sort of time limit on solving or containing the source of the contamination to prevent it from spreading to other zones across the map (as a DLC quest).

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Oh, I'm quite certain I'm going to hate the toxic wolves (in the best possible way).  It should be quite a challenge getting through that zone.  I'm starting to wonder whether their might be some sort of time limit on solving or containing the source of the contamination to prevent it from spreading to other zones across the map (as a DLC quest).

i could see that existing. it would add another sort of goal to the game, maybe like if you enter the region, you have so long to unlock its secrets then contain it kinda thing.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, Leeanda said:

I thought of going to transfer with my main run but not sure where the canisters are going to be so left her in pv for now.. my side run is doing the very slow overburdened walk with as much gear as possible😁

I have one run that is Milton to head over to HRV to get to the bunker. Might grab the moose satchel if it's in the location that's close by.  I had most of Milton looted, but stopped cuz I was like hmm canisters and is there going to be new spawns for foods to fight off scurvy? So now I'm just on a hold.  As for my main run, sink or swim and hope for good rng. I'd imagine the new items will spawn in on a previously looted run. *Fingers crossed*

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

I have one run that is Milton to head over to HRV to get to the bunker. Might grab the moose satchel if it's in the location that's close by.  I had most of Milton looted, but stopped cuz I was like hmm canisters and is there going to be new spawns for foods to fight off scurvy? So now I'm just on a hold.  As for my main run, sink or swim and hope for good rng. I'd imagine the new items will spawn in on a previously looted run. *Fingers crossed*

New gear usually does turn up after somewheres been looted.. not sure where the canisters will be though.. whether they mean scattered everywhere or just the new territories I don't know...

The side run is the tester to find everything out before I risk my long run.. 

I'm not sure what they'll add for the scurvy  ,maybe new food or just make rosehips renewable maybe.

Birch bark is a source of citric acid, as it turns out. I suspect it's more about forcing the idea of a balanced diet. Hard to know, there's lots of food that covers it (canned peaches, herbal, birch bark, and rosehip tea) including one infinite food (birch bark tea).

I do think it would be interesting to see the introduction of proper nutrition as a concept. I'm interested in seeing how it could work out. There's a lot of ways that this could go, including the introduction of organ meats as a harvestable component of an animal carcass.

9 hours ago, Leeanda said:

New gear usually does turn up after somewheres been looted.. not sure where the canisters will be though.. whether they mean scattered everywhere or just the new territories I don't know...

The side run is the tester to find everything out before I risk my long run.. 

I'm not sure what they'll add for the scurvy  ,maybe new food or just make rosehips renewable maybe.

1 hour ago, stratvox said:

Birch bark is a source of citric acid, as it turns out. I suspect it's more about forcing the idea of a balanced diet. Hard to know, there's lots of food that covers it (canned peaches, herbal, birch bark, and rosehip tea) including one infinite food (birch bark tea).

I do think it would be interesting to see the introduction of proper nutrition as a concept. I'm interested in seeing how it could work out. There's a lot of ways that this could go, including the introduction of organ meats as a harvestable component of an animal carcass.

Burdock also has some vitamin C as well. With the ability for recipes, I wouldn't mind some new food items/recipes. Maybe a carton of Orange juice left behind somewhere lol. Although there is plenty of choices already, if there is potatoes and carrots in the world, I wouldn't mind some citrus fruits.

If the canisters are in other regions, it would make sense to have a stash in FA since it's connected to Langston Mine. Shipment of canisters that never made it to the mine.

4 hours ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

Burdock also has some vitamin C as well. With the ability for recipes, I wouldn't mind some new food items/recipes. Maybe a carton of Orange juice left behind somewhere lol. Although there is plenty of choices already, if there is potatoes and carrots in the world, I wouldn't mind some citrus fruits.

If the canisters are in other regions, it would make sense to have a stash in FA since it's connected to Langston Mine. Shipment of canisters that never made it to the mine.

Well if they are in forsaken then I'll have to sit and wait for aurora nights to go and get them .. that road feels so long lol...😁

1 hour ago, Abenico said:

Citric acid is found only in citrus fruits. 

Birch bark doesn't contain vitamine C. There is acid used in Aspirin works as anelgetic. 

Just for the record....

Birch bark is rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, vitamin C and thiamine.

Vitamin C is found in Citrus fruits AND Tomatoes, Broccoli, Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower and White potatoes

• Upvote 2

On 11/11/2023 at 1:27 AM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Re: Switch -- we haven't forgotten about it, we just don't have anything definite to share re: release dates for TALES on Switch. When we have certainty around the date, we'll share more info.

To clarify a point above -- the delays in this case are not due to anything on the Nintendo side (well, apart from making a console that's more challenging to get content on 😅). When we have news to share, we'll post it either along with a Dev Diary or in its own stand-alone communication.

Hello Raphael, what is your timeline for an updated GOG version?

3 hours ago, chrislacruz said:

Apologies I misread the Citric Acid, though it is not only in Citrus Fruit, it is also, for example the primary acid found in Rose Hips... it would almost certainly have been added to the Tomato SOup too?

but you did suggest Vitamin C wasn't in Birch Bark?

Honestly, I don't think it matter what IRL items contain vitamin C and which ones don't.  HL is very likely going to designate which items in the game contain Vitamin C and are, therefore, going to have to be eaten at a designated frequency to avoid getting the scurvy affliction.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Honestly, I don't think it matter what IRL items contain vitamin C and which ones don't.  HL is very likely going to designate which items in the game contain Vitamin C and are, therefore, going to have to be eaten at a designated frequency to avoid getting the scurvy affliction.

Oh I completely agree, I was just pointing out clarifying some points being made, Birch Bark does have Vit C and you can find Citric Acid in things other than Citrus fruit... may as well get these things correct IRL, in the game, I don't mind, I am sure it will be fun!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well if they are in forsaken then I'll have to sit and wait for aurora nights to go and get them .. that road feels so long lol...😁

I play on Pilgrim or Custom. I enjoy FA, but yes that is a long road, especially in a glimmer fog. It's so easy to get turned around. 

Also whoop that tomorrow is December. Not too much longer now right?  Hopefully the finishing touches are being added to the trailer.  As much fun as the Raft and Green Hell are, I really want to play the new region.  I should open the game tonight and do some prep/weight management for when it comes time to travel to ZoC.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

I play on Pilgrim or Custom. I enjoy FA, but yes that is a long road, especially in a glimmer fog. It's so easy to get turned around. 

Also whoop that tomorrow is December. Not too much longer now right?  Hopefully the finishing touches are being added to the trailer.  As much fun as the Raft and Green Hell are, I really want to play the new region.  I should open the game tonight and do some prep/weight management for when it comes time to travel to ZoC.

The glimmer fog is why I can only go during aurora,but that's risky too..

I know,an early Christmas present lol..   

I'm still playing both runs but I do play house flipper,when it doesn't crash on me..  RAFT looks a pretty good game.though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The glimmer fog is why I can only go during aurora,but that's risky too..

I know,an early Christmas present lol..   

I'm still playing both runs but I do play house flipper,when it doesn't crash on me..  RAFT looks a pretty good game.though.

I haven't looted the caches in FA yet, so that will help me navigate somewhat in the Fog. Figured I will wait for the update first.

I haven't played House Flipper in ages, and Raft is a really nice game. A mix of story and survival mode.  But it also requires a lot of resources and lucky rng rolls to get the story progression.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

I haven't looted the caches in FA yet, so that will help me navigate somewhat in the Fog. Figured I will wait for the update first.

I haven't played House Flipper in ages, and Raft is a really nice game. A mix of story and survival mode.  But it also requires a lot of resources and lucky rng rolls to get the story progression.

The ones with the yellow signal you mean?  I haven't done them there either..  

I just bought the farm dlc ,but I haven't managed to do much of it.. plenty of new content..theyre pretty quick with bug fixes though..

I was thinking of another game ..I've seen Neebs gaming play raft,looks fun ..I love the llamas 😁 

• Upvote 1

They said early december so I popped in here just to be sure it wasn't released on a friday. I have furniture to put together tomorrow and was looking for a reasonable excuse to not do it, like say, a new awesome Tales drop. Guess I'll get my tools then... :D

Funny how everybody is busy discussing the poisoned wolves or the concentration of citric acid in the modern food industry, while I'm just sitting here in a corner very excited for the insulated flask🤓. It will be a game changer for me depending on how much  it extends the warm status and how many cups of drink it holds. 

Edited by Dan_
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Well, theoretically it could still drop today as they are in Pacific timezone and it's not even 9AM there yet (usually their region launches are 10AM), but as said before it's unlikely to happen today anyway

Edited by Mistral

33 minutes ago, Mistral said:

Well, theoretically it could still drop today as they are in Pacific timezone and it's not even 9AM there yet (usually their region launches are 10AM), but as said before it's unlikely to happen today anyway

I'm assuming they'll drop an announcement / video before releasing... would be great to have that today, been getting antsy here 😅

1 minute ago, PilgrimReaper said:

I'm assuming they'll drop an announcement / video before releasing... would be great to have that today, been getting antsy here 😅

Sometimes they drop video before release, sometimes simultaneously to release

• Upvote 1