November 2023 Dev Diary

Admin

On 12/2/2023 at 12:54 PM, rush247 said:

Are you sure it's not the misconception that almost everyone seems to have?  The maps aren't added to the starting areas screen until you find them in game.

Also if the dlc is installed your Survival menu screen should look something like this.

https://imgur.com/a/0Kf3ypJ

Yes I know the broken railroad continues to be uncrossable and yes it is installed or says it is anyway when I go to it but no it does not look like that 

On 12/2/2023 at 1:10 PM, ManicManiac said:

@xHostileHarliex

Recommendation:
image.thumb.png.c6a9aa5f1afa956905733cbef5f4a3ac.png
Submit a ticket so at least Hinterland is aware of and can work on your issue.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Link imbedded with the image... but if you'd rather see the link for yourself...
https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I have submitted several tickets with absolutely no reply what so ever 

10 minutes ago, xHostileHarliex said:

I have submitted several tickets with absolutely no reply what so ever 

I'm reasonably sure that you will... sometimes it can take a bit.  I imagine their queue can be rather busy.  There have been times where I didn't hear back on a ticket for a week or more... but so far, I've always gotten at least some indication that they are tracking and working on the issues I've reported.

@Admin

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I'm reasonably sure that you will... sometimes it can take a bit.  I imagine their queue can be rather busy.  There have been times where I didn't hear back on a ticket for a week or more... but so far, I've always gotten at least some indication that they are tracking and working on the issues I've reported.

@Admin

It's been like a month maybe even longer since the first one I submitted 

13 hours ago, Arcx said:

I don't think so. Hinterland always delivered what they promised, even though it took them longer than expected. Since there are still features missing (trader, safehouse customization etc.), I'm pretty sure, there will be more updates.

The expansion page states "Part five: coming soon": https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/

I thought six parts were the initial plan, but I may be wrong on this. As long as the promised things get released, it doesn't matter, how many parts there are.

Thanks! 

14 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@Admin

Always hate to disagree with you my friend, but Hinterland have said that they don't respond to every ticket. So if you submit a bug and don't get a response, it might just be that you won't get one. I've submitted ~5 bugs over the last year and only got a response to the one for which they needed to ask me a question. But bugs get fixed anyway, so I don't think it's a big deal to get a response or not. If it helps them to only respond when they need to, I'm happy with that.

Source (emphasis mine):

23 hours ago, Admin said:

Please remember that Hinterland is a small independent developer. Our Support Team strives to respond to all reports as quickly as possible, but as you can imagine, releases are our busiest time. We appreciate your patience, and please know the team is looking into your issues and we will resolve them as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we are not able to follow-up with every individual report that is submitted. But we appreciate them all.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, xanna said:

Always hate to disagree with you my friend, but Hinterland have said that they don't respond to every ticket. So if you submit a bug and don't get a response, it might just be that you won't get one.

Fair enough, I clearly missed that bit they did clearly mention.

I only meant share my personal experiences with Hinterland support.  I didn't mean to imply that it's the universal experience across the board.  I was only trying to be encouraging, and that so far I'd not ever felt neglected by Hinterland Support.

• Upvote 2

• Admin unpinned this topic