Stupidest İdeas for the Long Dark you can think of

Michael1986

Stupidest? A game mode where you start underground. The screen is black, you can't move, but since breathing isn't a thing in this game you live forever. Oh, and the menu won't come up so if you're on console you have to go reset the system. It sounds awful.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, odizzido said:

Stupidest? A game mode where you start underground. The screen is black, you can't move, but since breathing isn't a thing in this game you live forever. Oh, and the menu won't come up so if you're on console you have to go reset the system. It sounds awful.

Apart from the underground bit I've had that happen! Twice!

Speaking of revival, stupid is a strong word but the least intriguing serious proposal as of yet has to be making permadeath optional in survival mode. Though that's just my subjective opinion, but then of course I don't order eggs and bacon without bacon. I also don't buy boxing gloves to go fishing. Or go to Spain to see the Eiffel Tower. Or use a jetpack to climb Mt Everest. Or try and stay the same by remodeling my DNA sequence. But that's just me. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the dumbest ideas have been actual wishlist posts. Someone actually once suggested a sausage maker be added to the game.  Also the idea of a companion dog- Because we all know how in life or death survival situations we need pets, especially ones we have to leave behind on  climbs. 
  And a final one- yes this is really something that was suggested- the ability to grow a garden to maintain food.

S…M…H.

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark
  • Upvote 1