Stupidest İdeas for the Long Dark you can think of


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Some of the dumbest ideas have been actual wishlist posts. Someone actually once suggested a sausage maker be added to the game.  Also the idea of a companion dog- Because we all know how in life or death survival situations we need pets, especially ones we have to leave behind on  climbs. 
  And a final one- yes this is really something that was suggested- the ability to grow a garden to maintain food.

S…M…H.
   
  

Sausage Making Machine:Useless,Just why

 

Companion:I wouldnt say no to Human enemies or Traders but No not even dogs will make me want it

 

Gardening:Well it might plausiable We Learn that one of the Barns in Pleasent Valley Containt Proper equipment for both gardening and for crops to survive the Winter 

Edited by Michael1986
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Episode 5 ends with "it was all just a dream".

1. becoming a deer when you craft the deerskin clothes 2. romance options with bears and mooses

Replace the characters  with Anime girls or add a feature where you can be revived for 4.99. Now I'm going to have nightmares about both.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Some of the dumbest ideas have been actual wishlist posts. Someone actually once suggested a sausage maker be added to the game.  Also the idea of a companion dog 
  

People will differ. I would love a sausage maker. It's an original idea, it serves a purpose and it also doesn't make any sense. Throwing all the bear meat you got into the grinder and eat bearsausage with maple syrup. I just love it.

Edited by manolitode
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manolitode said:

People will differ. I would love a sausage maker. It's an original idea, it serves a purpose and it also doesn't make any sense. Throwing all the bear meat you got into the grinder and eat bearsausage with maple syrup. I just love it.

This is a survival game. Not a camping game.  Sausage maker is absolutely useless. You would smoke meat. You don’t need something you can’t carry and that serves no practical purpose other than luxury and flavor. 
  There is not knowledgeable survivalist in the world who would carry a sausage maker. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Michael1986 said:

Sausage Making Machine:Useless,Just why

 

Companion:I wouldnt say no to Human enemies or Traders but No not even dogs will make me want it

 

Gardening:Well it might plausiable We Learn that one of the Barns in Pleasent Valley Containt Proper equipment for both gardening and for crops to survive the Winter 

Unmmm what equipment is there where crops can survive in the winter much less even sprout?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Sausage maker is absolutely useless.

I wouldn't have guessed when I woke up this morning I'd be defending sausage machines. But I'll gladly take a stab at it. A sausage maker provides sausages. Sausages provides variety in the The Long Chunk of meat on a stone by the campfire-universe. They can also be dried to last nearly forever. But so can regular meat you say? Well, with some imagination a sausage machine could give us the option to mix the meat we harvest with other foods. As mentioned above, the dried bearplesyrup sausage, with enough calories to last you two days (and that includes a good long rope climb). Or perhaps you'd care for some birch wolfbark sausage? And for emergencies, the old man's rabbitweiner. 

3 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

  There is not knowledgeable survivalist in the world who would carry a sausage maker. 

I agree, we should place it stationary next to the milling machine. A decent handheld meatgrinder would do fine for Will's and Astrid's normal excursions. These selfproclaimed survivalists on the forum below have some other creative ideas on how to implement beautiful sausage making machines into the art of staying alive. 
Meat Grinders & Sausage Makers | Survivalist Forum (survivalistboards.com)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, manolitode said:

I wouldn't have guessed when I woke up this morning I'd be defending sausage machines. But I'll gladly take a stab at it. A sausage maker provides sausages. Sausages provides variety in the The Long Chunk of meat on a stone by the campfire-universe. They can also be dried to last nearly forever. But so can regular meat you say? Well, with some imagination a sausage machine could give us the option to mix the meat we harvest with other foods. As mentioned above, the dried bearplesyrup sausage, with enough calories to last you two days (and that includes a good long rope climb). Or perhaps you'd care for some birch wolfbark sausage? And for emergencies, the old man's rabbitweiner. 

I agree, we should place it stationary next to the milling machine. A decent handheld meatgrinder would do fine for Will's and Astrid's normal excursions. These selfproclaimed survivalists on the forum below have some other creative ideas on how to implement beautiful sausage making machines into the art of staying alive. 
Meat Grinders & Sausage Makers | Survivalist Forum (survivalistboards.com)

😂😂😂 Please could I have  2 kilos of each? Actually could you make that 4kilos each?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manolitode said:

I wouldn't have guessed when I woke up this morning I'd be defending sausage machines. But I'll gladly take a stab at it.

Make it DLC. I'd pay 5 bucks to make sausage, sure. I mean long-term endgame scenarios, the more stuff we have tt do, the better. Who cares if it's unnecessary if it's fun?

Collect seawater and intentionally boil it dry to gather salt. Crafting recipe at the meat grinder, 1kg meat, 1 fresh gut, and a salt pile = 1kg cured sausage. Doesn't have to be hyper-realistic, I mean we can craft bullets without primers after all. Just require the player to jump through a few hoops that are at least marginally sensible.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Make it DLC. I'd pay 5 bucks to make sausage, sure. I mean long-term endgame scenarios, the more stuff we have tt do, the better. Who cares if it's unnecessary if it's fun?

Agreed. How about a pure endgame overhaul dlc including 5 major activities? Sausage making being one, thereby including drying/curing meat which has been requested from the community for such a long time. I suppose an issue with introducing sausage making behind a late-game hurdle is that lots of the factory-made food will be ruined by then so you won't be able to create all the fanciful stuff you can imagine, like the tomatomarinated moose sausage. But yeah, I'd buy a pure sausage dlc too, just for the heck of it. 

14 hours ago, Leeanda said:

😂😂😂 Please could I have  2 kilos of each? Actually could you make that 4kilos each?

Will do! Just hold on until the upcoming survival update Sausage and fury

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, manolitode said:

Agreed. How about a pure endgame overhaul dlc including 5 major activities? Sausage making being one, thereby including drying/curing meat which has been requested from the community for such a long time. I suppose an issue with introducing sausage making behind a late-game hurdle is that lots of the factory-made food will be ruined by then so you won't be able to create all the fanciful stuff you can imagine, like the tomatomarinated moose sausage. But yeah, I'd buy a pure sausage dlc too, just for the heck of it. 

Will do! Just hold on until the upcoming survival update Sausage and fury

I wanted to make pigs in blankets for Christmas dinner! Hope the update is before that!😃 

BTW those birch wolfbark sausages had me in stitches😂😂

Edited by Leeanda
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 5:15 PM, ajb1978 said:

Make it DLC. I'd pay 5 bucks to make sausage, sure. I mean long-term endgame scenarios, the more stuff we have tt do, the better. Who cares if it's unnecessary if it's fun?

Collect seawater and intentionally boil it dry to gather salt. Crafting recipe at the meat grinder, 1kg meat, 1 fresh gut, and a salt pile = 1kg cured sausage. Doesn't have to be hyper-realistic, I mean we can craft bullets without primers after all. Just require the player to jump through a few hoops that are at least marginally sensible.

Well it’s a moot point because they will NEVER introduce a sausage maker in the game. First- because it’s ridiculous but mostly because it violates the genius design of minimal duplicity in the game. There is no reason for a sausage maker. 
  Remember this is a survival game. Not a camping game. If it was a camping game then hey- make s’mores. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pencil said:

I'm joking lol. I know that there is a massive debate on jumping in The Long Dark and I think it is not needed, but said it in here as a joke. 

Well you've obviously never got stuck anywhere and had to reload!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 6:27 AM, Leeanda said:

Well you've obviously never got stuck anywhere and had to reload!?

Of course I have. Many, many times. I've played this game for several years. Usually, I get stuck in places if I'm doing something I'm not supposed to do lol. I still don't think jumping is necessary. It would be useful, yes, but not necessary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Of course I have. Many, many times. I've played this game for several years. Usually, I get stuck in places if I'm doing something I'm not supposed to do lol. I still don't think jumping is necessary. It would be useful, yes, but not necessary.

 Well if you're gonna break the rules, you have to pay the penalties☺ 

Anyway weapons aren't strictly necessary either but I doubt anyone would play the game without at least one!☺ 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Unmmm what equipment is there where crops can survive in the winter much less even sprout?

There are a few crops that can be grown in winter! Like kale, cabbage and even the Brussel sprouts which is why they're eaten at Christmas ! So too parsnips! 

Edited by Leeanda
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

There are a few crops that can be grown in winter! Like kale, cabbage and even the Brussel sprouts which is why they're eaten at Christmas ! So too parsnips! 

SMH. Do you see the temperatures in TLD?  They go to the mid double-digit negatives. The vegetables you mention grow about at the frost point if not just a few degrees below. They will not survive -40 blizzards. Much less weeks at a time below 20F.  Even cabbage which is particularly hardy won’t grow below consistent 25F temps.  
   

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

SMH. Do you see the temperatures in TLD?  They go to the mid double-digit negatives. The vegetables you mention grow about at the frost point if not just a few degrees below. They will not survive -40 blizzards. Much less weeks at a time below 20F.  Even cabbage which is particularly hardy won’t grow below consistent 25F temps.  
   

There are in the game things called buildings where the temperature is not so cold! ! Things can be planted in containers/ pots  like the bath tub in Molly's basement! If I remember correctly in story mode the temp is not that severe anyway! Minus 30+ temps belong on interloper 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

There are in the game things called buildings where the temperature is not so cold! ! Things can be planted in containers/ pots  like the bath tub in Molly's basement! If I remember correctly in story mode the temp is not that severe anyway! Minus 30+ temps belong on interloper 

How absolutely ridiculous. So you are supposed to dig through feet snow past the permafrost to get soil for plants with no calories and how do you keep them watered for weeks and months while you are in other regions??

  Absolutely ridiculous. Come on man. Come on. 
 besides  In the easy levels there is so much an abundance of canned and nutritious food there is no need for a useless garden and in interloper there is no way to stay put long enough to maintain it and even if you did it’s because you have adequate hunting anyway. 
  Growing food in the Canadian permafrost lol. Please. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

How absolutely ridiculous. So you are supposed to dig through feet snow past the permafrost to get soil for plants with no calories and how do you keep them watered for weeks and months while you are in other regions??

  Absolutely ridiculous. Come on man. Come on. 
 besides  In the easy levels there is so much an abundance of canned and nutritious food there is no need for a useless garden and in interloper there is no way to stay put long enough to maintain it and even if you did it’s because you have adequate hunting anyway. 
  Growing food in the Canadian permafrost lol. Please. 

This game is for everyone not just "hard core interloper's" like you! And anything else  I say in reply would be a waste of time . your arrogance astounds even me! 

And for the record I am not a "Man"

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now