Stupidest İdeas for the Long Dark you can think of

Michael1986

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Interesting idea,
it got me to thinking that it should trigger a Darkwalker event.  This thing is coming after you to eat your soul before you can find your journal which reincarnates you back into the game.  If you do, your magically transport back to the last savepoint where your condition was at least 90% or better...

That's actually pretty cool, although I would make the suggestion that winning instead acts as a natural e-stim. You are on the verge of death and lose consciousness, and you experience this sort of nightmare scenario where you're running from death as your brain struggles to keep living. Successfully banishing the Darkwalker, you experience a surge of adrenaline that wakes you up from your nightmare at 15% condition wherever it was you went down. Enough to give you one more chance, even though your situation is still dire since whatever just almost killed you is likely still going to be an immediate threat. Wildlife, cold, hunger, whatever it was will still be affecting you. If you fell, you now have multiple broken ribs, everything is sprained. So you might just be screwed anyway, but at least you have a chance.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

That's actually pretty cool, although I would make the suggestion that winning instead acts as a natural e-stim. You are on the verge of death and lose consciousness, and you experience this sort of nightmare scenario where you're running from death as your brain struggles to keep living. Successfully banishing the Darkwalker, you experience a surge of adrenaline that wakes you up from your nightmare at 15% condition wherever it was you went down. Enough to give you one more chance, even though your situation is still dire since whatever just almost killed you is likely still going to be an immediate threat. Wildlife, cold, hunger, whatever it was will still be affecting you. If you fell, you now have multiple broken ribs, everything is sprained. So you might just be screwed anyway, but at least you have a chance.

hmmm, that got me to thinking this might just throw you into a near endless loop.

you die, you wake up in purgatory, flee the Darkwalker, find your journal, adrenaline rush revives you to 15% condition where you went down, you die again, you wake up in purgatory, flee the Darkwalker, find your journal, adrenaline rush revives you to 15% condition where you went down, you die again, you wake up in purgatory, flee the Darkwalker, find your journal, adrenalive rush revives you to 15% condition where you went down, you die again....

oh, I hope somebody makes a mod for this!

I feel like the game is not balanced enough. The wildlife is annoying and puts its dirty paws everywhere. Plus the food is running out too quickly :( 
Thats why I think that the game devs should balance out the game. But how should they do that? Here are some VERY good ideas, which will make the game perfectly balanced. 
If they want to make the game good, they MUST add:

- Guns (But not too many of them. I ought to think that LMG's and automatic shotguns will be just fine :) )

- Tanks (Will be good against the wolves capable of using revolvers)

- Poop mechanic (Will improve the immersion in this not immersive world)

- Airdrops (Will drop you canned food, clothes, guns and ammo. Warning! Some angry bears and wolves may try to loot them first >:()

- Tactical airstrikes (Will be good for clearing an area of zombified rabbits)

- Lootboxes (With a 0.0000000000001 chance of dropping a ULTRA RARE LEGENDARY GUN, will cost real money)

- Building mechanic (Who doesn't want to build their own staircase leading on top of the Timberwolf Mtn?)

That'd be it for the mechanics that are going to 100% fix the game, leaving it with no issues whatsoever :D 

• Like 2

I just went over a rope bridge in AC on interloper and thought that this is kinda too easy. So the stupidest idea came to mind: make rope bridges sway more and have more gaps dependending on the difficulty setting.

On pilgrim it would be as it is now, on interloper you would feel like Indiana Jones :D

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

I just went over a rope bridge in AC on interloper and thought that this is kinda too easy. So the stupidest idea came to mind: make rope bridges sway more and have more gaps dependending on the difficulty setting.

On pilgrim it would be as it is now, on interloper you would feel like Indiana Jones :D

your idea actually sounds like a good one.  there really should be the possibility of death by falling off a
dangerously swaying rope bridge.  As it stands now, all you gotta do is point your cursor in the right direction and you can just waltz over the rope bridge without any fear what so ever.  

here's a clip of an actual rope bridge still in use.  doesn't look high enough off the ground for the fall to kill you, but 
looks shakey AF

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

It really likes a good ıdea but personally ı wanna say no because the rope bridges are really frightened and ı had a nearly heard attack almost every time.

And ı died two times when passing a rope bridge (one survival and one story mode)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pınar51-06 said:

It really likes a good ıdea but personally ı wanna say no because the rope bridges are really frightened and ı had a nearly heard attack almost every time.

I know that feeling, I think nothing makes me as focused in TLD as rope bridges, which is why I filed this as a stupid idea :D

Edited by ChillPlayer
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 2:58 PM, Ogger said:

I think an excellent idea would be an anti air gun at the top of the desolation point lighthouse 

Great idea. This would also be useful when they incorporate multiplayer hot air ballooning into the game. Gun down survivors, steal their loot from the wreckage 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

A helium gas cannister (weight 10kg, with a huge 'DO NOT INHALE' sign on it for H&S reasons), that you can carry around with you, so your survivor can temporarily alter their voice. 

Modding community, you know what to do.

Now I'm hearing "thank goodness ... made it through another night" in Alvin the Chipmunk's voice 😄

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Following a tremendous earthquake, the ground fractures along the Broken Railroad region, and from the resultant abyss pour dozens of velociraptors which have the ability to smash car windscreens/windshields. This also unlocks the 'spare pants' debuff, where you're paralysed with fear for several hours and have to watch your character get eaten alive.

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2022 at 6:04 AM, Tradus said:

Thermos for 1 liter.

and

Brandy factory. I poured all the cognac into the “Highlander's Hut” and drank 1 bottle every night before going to bed.

I really wish there was alcohol on there, throwing back a whiskey or a brandy would sure warm the cockles. Drink too much for a drunken blur effect and slower reaction times. Freaky.

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

I really wish there was alcohol on there, throwing back a whiskey or a brandy would sure warm the cockles. Drink too much for a drunken blur effect and slower reaction times. Freaky.

Theres a you tube video of someone drunk trying to kill a bear.  I'd send the link if I could but if you find it you might change your mind 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Theres a you tube video of someone drunk trying to kill a bear.  I'd send the link if I could but if you find it you might change your mind 🙂

Haha! I'll have to check it out. Sounds quite amusing 😂 I just want to build a wine cellar or something at PV farmhouse. Just me and von Wolfenfeatures chilling on an evening 👍

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! I'll have to check it out. Sounds quite amusing 😂 I just want to build a wine cellar or something at PV farmhouse. Just me and von Wolfenfeatures chilling on an evening 👍

Pity mods aren't for every console too.  Some are really good.  

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Yeah, sounds like there are some really impressive mods available. Be nice if they could incorporate them into the main game.

I'd like the food mod , not to get drunk though, I have enough trouble seeing straight as it is🙂 place anywhere and tidy up one would make PV farm look less like Molly's evil lair! I'd love to take the broken glass out the patio windows!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'd like the food mod , not to get drunk though, I have enough trouble seeing straight as it is🙂 place anywhere and tidy up one would make PV farm look less like Molly's evil lair! I'd love to take the broken glass out the patio windows!

Getting drunk is optional though, not mandatory 😜🍻😄 haha! How nice would that be to do a Mr Muscle on the farmhouse? It frustrates me sometimes, would love to dismantle the old TVs and repair the drawer units, rehang cupboard doors etc. Does nothing to appease my irrationally compulsive brain ... 🙄😄

And yes, the glass! Let me board them up or replace/remove panels 😄

Edited by Matt Lomax
Glazing comment
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Getting drunk is optional though, not mandatory 😜🍻😄 haha! How nice would that be to do a Mr Muscle on the farmhouse? It frustrates me sometimes, would love to dismantle the old TVs and repair the drawer units, rehang cupboard doors etc. Does nothing to appease my irrationally compulsive brain ... 🙄😄

And yes, the glass! Let me board them up or replace/remove panels 😄

I'd just like to clear the floors of all that stuff I keep banging into !🙂 

Its only optional if you don't run out of everything else, which I do , usually in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'd just like to clear the floors of all that stuff I keep banging into !🙂 

Its only optional if you don't run out of everything else, which I do , usually in the middle of nowhere.

Me too ☺

Fair point you make, didn't think of that. Having to neck a bottle of brandy to stay alive and then stagger headlong into a bear's cave with drunken eyes ... I can see that being quite probable 🙊🐻

• Upvote 1