Stupidest İdeas for the Long Dark you can think of

Michael1986

• 1 month later...

Dodos would be a pretty bad idea.

And also if you step outside your cabin one morning and see an exhausted Justin Trudeau crawling in the snow towards you. As you approach him he looks up at you, his mouth trembling behind rods of ice clothing his magnificent beard. He seems to be reaching for something on the ground. He picks up a long, thin staff and look you in the eye as he hands it over, solemnly declaring: I have brought you... the bearspear. You hesitantly grab it, you gaze upon the mighty impaler, you raise it towards the sun to bask in it's glorious reflection. Inside you're mind you're already imagining all the magnificent, horrible things you will do to animals. Oh the glory days have arrived. You victoriously raise the weapon even higher towards the sky. Then a gust of wind caresses your cheek and brings you back to reality. You turn back to your benefactor. Than... but he is gone with the wind and nowhere to be seen. On the spot where he lay you find an uncured wolfhide and a potato haulm.

Edited by manolitode
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 7:40 AM, Bimbobjoejr. said:

ability to drop matches into gas tanks to make the car blow up and give 2 scrap metal

right?  why be able to open the gas tank cap if you either can't syphon out the gas or stuff a rag in it to blow up the car?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I have long believed you should be able to siphon out lantern fuel.  It's not the same thing as naptha / lantern fuel but at least it's closer than fish oil (!)

I do believe that gasoline actually has a  very hot burning temp, so although I agree with your sentiment that we should be able to siphon fuel from abandoned cars, I don't believe it would be very good as a substitute for lamp oil.   At least not from a real world perspective.   On the other hand neither is fish oil from an old frying pan...

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I don't believe it would be very good as a substitute for lamp oil.

I agree, but I thought the sort of lantern depicted in the game (that makes the hissing sound) is a pressure lamp, like a Coleman which burns petroleum naptha (and they make a version designed for just straight up gasoline / petrol)

Maybe you're referring to the kind of lamp that burns pressurized kerosene.  I didn't think of that because I've never used one.

But none that I know of burn pressurized fish oil 😁

1 hour ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Gawd,  could you just imagine that your base camp would constantly smell of fried fish?
My grandpa hated the smell so of fried fish so much, he'd make my grandma cook fish out on the patio every Friday!  
They were catholic in case you were wondering...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I agree, but I thought the sort of lantern depicted in the game (that makes the hissing sound) is a pressure lamp, like a Coleman which burns petroleum naptha (and they make a version designed for just straight up gasoline / petrol)

Maybe you're referring to the kind of lamp that burns pressurized kerosene.  I didn't think of that because I've never used one.

Well to be fair when you have to stock up stuff in episode 3  it's says you need kerosene but when you put lantern fuel in that's what kerosene counts as

• Upvote 1