What was your worst jumpscare while walking at night or to a house/cabin?

wolfman12345

Any time I'm fully expecting something to happen, and it does, I usually jump.  The anticipation makes it worse IMO.  Like that steep hill in PV that lets you walk up from the Heartbreak Bridge all the way up to the Signal Hill access road, I know every time "this is pretty steep, I might get a sprain on this one..." and right as I near the top, even though I know it's like a 90% chance that it's gonna pop a sprain any second now...the moment it hits I always jump.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Any time I'm fully expecting something to happen, and it does, I usually jump.  The anticipation makes it worse IMO.  Like that steep hill in PV that lets you walk up from the Heartbreak Bridge all the way up to the Signal Hill access road, I know every time "this is pretty steep, I might get a sprain on this one..." and right as I near the top, even though I know it's like a 90% chance that it's gonna pop a sprain any second now...the moment it hits I always jump.

Mine was I was walking out at night to a cabin that  had my bed roll in it. Then a deer came running past me and made me jump.  So I continued to walk back to the cabin that had my bed roll in it then I got charged by a bear and I died:( I still can't believe  that I forgot my bed roll in that cabin:( lol.

A deer spawned inside an ice shack on costal highway, as I was blindly searching the path to one of the islands, kept hearing a noise and was freaked the entire time. Decided to investigate and the deer tries to take off running, antlers sticking out the wall. XD

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

even though I know it's like a 90% chance that it's gonna pop a sprain any second now...the moment it hits I always jump.

Idk why but those sprains get me every time. Never fail to scare me unless the autosave freezes the game temporarily first (common occurrence rn).

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Idk why but those sprains get me every time. Never fail to scare me unless the autosave freezes the game temporarily first (common occurrence rn).

Yeah me too, even when I am expecting them. I think it's the screen flash that gives me a fright tbh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng
34 minutes ago, stratvox said:

When the bear comes for you, you're going to just let it happen. That's how it works with bears.

Don't just feel the pain. Experience it. Embrace it.

Realizing what the Pilgrim animal setting means by "unless provoked".

Was used to shooting with the rifle and even bears running away scared - also used to wildlife no longer running away in a straight line from the player. Well, a bow does neither make a loud scary boom nor is it as likely to one shot a bear ...

"Hm. Ok he is again running away in my direction ... But why isn't he whining ... But I'm on Pilgrim and safe right ... oh no ..."

I was in Coastal Highway in the Quonset area and I heard footsteps padding around and I thought they were bunny feet so I'm looking around and I actually got so focused my vision and hearing were heightened, I came up over a snow drift and a wolf popped right into my face. Scared the absolute Christ out of me as I jumped back into my chair and almost fell backwards in it :D

• Upvote 1