Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Something I've been tempted to do, but can't bring myself to be this wasteful: Get a bunch of fully fueled storm lanterns (like 10 or so) and at least 1 e-stim per rope.  Light them all and place them all over the place in the Mountaineer's Hut so that it's just a blinding beacon of light. Then bull rush the summit, e-stimming my way to the top, and see what that beacon-hut looks like from the summit.

Or vice versa--light a ton of lanterns at the summit, then mountain goat down to ground level and view it from the hut.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Something I've been tempted to do, but can't bring myself to be this wasteful: Get a bunch of fully fueled storm lanterns (like 10 or so) and at least 1 e-stim per rope.  Light them all and place them all over the place in the Mountaineer's Hut so that it's just a blinding beacon of light. Then bull rush the summit, e-stimming my way to the top, and see what that beacon-hut looks like from the summit.

Or vice versa--light a ton of lanterns at the summit, then mountain goat down to ground level and view it from the hut.

I dare you.  :P :D  

Come on, I have never asked you to do anything crazy or foolish in the game before... besides those *few* things.  Hehehe. ;)

To cut a long story short, I nailed the buck with a running powerslam and wolfie foolishly got in the way.

After more than a thousand gaming hours (and around 170 days in the current run) I've finally managed to explore PV thoroughly enough to find Timberwolf Mountain. Been there three days, and I've already killed a moose, three rabbits, four wolves and a deer, without leaving the Crystal Lake zone. And a bear passed nearby once or twice. More like CAMP Crystal Lake. This place is violent.

screen_b1c39c4c-4b0b-491f-bc68-229eee07ac42_hi.png

Truth be said, I personally killed only one of the rabbits, while I sent the other two and the deer to die by wolf. The second rabbit in a mostly spectacular way: I threw a stone from an impossible distance to scare it towards a wolf and the stone unbelievably hit it. The wolf approached to check the noise and the rabbit got up right under its nose. A bad way to wake up.

Edited by Doc Feral
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 6:16 PM, ajb1978 said:

This I think is more likely to work, I dont know how would one rush it up the Summit so quickly before the lantern fuel ran out. Unless you used several stims, and had prepared a quick route up the ropes, using the ropes that are not naturally spawned, by attempting to climb the other way around. 

I think its doable, if one fires up an ML Pilgrim run, and gets lucky on storm lanterns and gasoline cans.

1 hour ago, Mroz4k said:

Unless you used several stims, and had prepared a quick route up the ropes

Exactly. You can hit the summit with just 4 rope climbs. Start at Crystal lake, follow the river about halfway and there's a break in the cliffs to the right where you can walk up. There's a rope climb that leads to an engine. Past that to the north are two more that take you up near the summit, and then that one final long climb to the top. 4 stims should do the trick. Plus one more just to be safe. 

Edit: technically you can bypass that first rope too by taking the long way to the right, and up that steep footpath. But the rope is faster, and time would be at a premium. 

Edited by ajb1978

I decided to begin with the classics. Mystery Lake. I started a new survival, I did go from the Carter Dam to the Lake Camp and then to Trapper Cabin. Normally I do not make screenshots, but I make an exception  because I am new in this forum. Perfect Weather.

P.S.: I am sure you consider this to places your home 😉

screen_6c40dbe5-0d85-451b-8af3-89a30f025b86_hi.jpg

screen_1a070341-4fb7-4b91-8e72-c0cf1bb01065_hi.jpg

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

My eyes... lol!

ajb1978, you know I love you, and you always amaze me, how far you will go to test things, and try the crazy ideas people throw at you. Absolutely LOVE it. :)

The hell of it is, it was originally my idea, so I have no one to blame here but myself! lol

And actually, I have a new custom game going, which I've dubbed Pillageur.  (Portmanteau of Pilgrim and Voyageur, but also I'm pillaging so it works on two levels.)  The 4x time dilation on that save means I might even be able to pull this off with flashlights on an aurora night.  It'll be tight, but if I'm efficient and really hustle, it might be possible.  I'm in the middle of my cartography run and I hate to leave a task unfinished, so I might tackle the flashlight stunt in a week or so.

• Upvote 1

Oooooooo. Definitely post the results with flashlights, when you get there. I wonder how many you can find in any game. max, and if the high beams setting will drain the batteries too quickly if the Aurora fades before you get back down. The shot from the summit though... love to see what that looks like. 

Curious... I wonder if you get between a bear and a moose, and both charge in to kill you, and you duck out to the side... will they collide with each other? And will you be smart enough to get the heck out of there? Or would you stand and take screenshots? 

Not saying you should try this... Okay. Yes, I am daring you to try this.  ;)

On 4/27/2019 at 12:44 AM, ajb1978 said:

12 storm lanterns, 5 e-stims, 1 cup of coffee.  Hightailed it to the Summit and took a picture, and even had time to mountain-goat back down in order to grab a few close-up screenshots before the lanterns went out.

I have been proven wrong, and it is a glorious sight. Well done! :D 

I decided to force myself to explore Hushed River Valley, and it ended up being less deadly and more enjoyable than I remember. I do still wish it had a workbench. Took this shot while resting up before a rope climb because I really liked the feeling of this little nook.

322813028_TheNook.thumb.png.5800a88fee4567b4dfcf75996694c855.png

• Upvote 1