Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

1 photo: "Think I'll leave this farm" 

2 photo: There's another corpse in the house

Quick story once I was walking though a cave and came across two corpse's and it seemed the two got into a fight and one shot the other and then died also

20190505133531_1.jpg

screen_b8c5b025-1075-4746-a61d-2dfc9960d1c4_hi.png

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Some are survivors.  Others are warriors.

I sincerely hope to some day be able to fill this entire wheel of death with goodies.  Not that I need it...I just want it.

20190520133337_1.jpg

There's room for the moosehide cannon, trebuchet and the deer-mounted harpoon launcher you can craft at the Riken.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, DarKube said:

400 CARTRIDGES !!! How it's possible ?

Custom game, loot cranked to the maximum, and I looted the entire game world.  Every container, every body, every hidden cache, every trunk, locker, drawer, under furniture, in hollowed out trees, every backpack...you name it I looted it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, ajb1978 said:

Some are survivors.  Others are warriors.

I sincerely hope to some day be able to fill this entire wheel of death with goodies.  Not that I need it...I just want it.

20190520133337_1.jpg

at the very least, the knife and ax should show up don'tcha think? add the bear spear and your wheel of death is complete!

Edited by piddy3825

Welcome to the Coal Mine #5 Bar and Grill. The special tonight is all-you-can-eat grilled bear served with beans, and crackers on the side.  Dessert is your choice of a chocolate bar, bowl of hot peaches, or granola.  Includes one beverage of your choice--all the water you can drink, or a single cup of coffee or tea.  Choices of tea are birch bark, rose hip, reishi, and herbal. The price per meal is one arrowhead or rifle cartridge, or two revolver cartridges, and we require payment in advance.

20190523173205_1.thumb.jpg.dcc56b231d0dd589f143a7bd7fb477a8.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Like 4

I'm on the move in Forlorn Muskeg. I haven't spent a huge amount of tim here, but I'm going for Faithful Cartographer on my long run; the only "patchy" maps are FM and PV, so I've got some wandering ahead of me. 

Is it just me or are the radio towers sprouting like mushrooms in FM?

I mean, here's the one I've always known about, just over near Hat Creek:

screen_b152a1b0-03e2-4d4c-847f-df9867ef992c_hi.thumb.png.4fe30e52ac4eb03048259be94f1a67da.png

But I was seriously confused once when I spotted this guy through some blowing snow, thought I'd managed to really get myself turned around somehow. It wasn't until shortly before this cap that I realised there was now another tower, up on the Overlook:

screen_772fbe51-78da-40a7-b181-dcd9710f02aa_hi.thumb.png.ff5dadd1865aa8b080382370fab882eb.png

Being still pretty early in the day I decided to run over to take a look. Had some wolf frolics so time got away from me and the sun was setting just as I got up there... and then I started to hear the music:

screen_f8198341-9880-42d8-a107-e60abbbc9b01_hi.thumb.png.ed43bac0556d42b849f4713183526bf4.png

Man, so beautiful; I see why some people swear that FM is the place to watch aurorae.

Later after gathering wood and carving on a floating deer I took this shot from right next to the "new" tower (my guy thinks he's hallucinating; while I've not been back to FM in probably over a year he doesn't remember this tower at all):

screen_bebadb6b-27c5-47c6-8df9-df965b36406f_hi.thumb.png.7fb636e6bd5ebdd5b81a8f9a06a21e9b.png

A blizzard blew very early in the morning and blew out the fire inside the hollow tree (!) which I thought wasn't supposed to be able to happen. It kinda sucks... there's no meaningful shelter of any kind up on the Overlook which makes that beautiful spot completely untenable for long term stays.

At any rate, seeing as a blizzard was howling and my hat, wrap, and mitts were already starting to freeze I made a run for the cave that I knew existed in the direction of Ol' Spence's. Needless to say just as I got there and fired up a fire the blizzard blew out, but I still needed to pass some hours next to it because I had to let my clothes dry out before I could continue on my way. At that point it was late, I had foolishly not brought my pot with me, and I needed to find water. I was pretty sure there were still cans of (probably totalled) food at Spence so I went for it. Got there well after sundown and with a lot of snow blowing so visibility sucked, but managed to finagle my way into the barn without tripping the nearby wolves. Found what I needed (roont dog food) to keep my well fed going (yay cooking 5!) and get something I could make water in. Now that I'm here I'm finding myself very happy with my base building ways when I was here a year or so back; lots of coal, lots of firewood, lots of stuff. Also found saplings a-plenty in the drawer of the work table; I must've left them there when I was here last time (along with a stash of other sweet swag that I dumped just outside the barn when I left last time). This is great news; between these and the saplings I'd left at Trappers when I was there two or three months back means my hunting spree is going to continue for a long time to come, plus I've been finding other saplings I missed the last time I was here which is very happy making. So then, I stepped out to take a look west and what do I see? Another tower, albeit a ruined one:

screen_7702620d-b273-4d59-89ed-ca37f972cd49_hi.thumb.png.c95c52e1addebee5d465e61205a87883.png

It's a bit hard to see but the arrow's pointing right at it. Intriguing... I can only conclude that this is for future reference for story mode or something....

Anyway my next job is to kill at least one of the neighbourhood wolves so I can cook him up... and I've gotta craft up some arrow shafts so I can at least get myself up to full complement of arrows again. Since I've found myself next to the crafting table... might as well craft!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Welcome to the Coal Mine #5 Bar and Grill. The special tonight is all-you-can-eat grilled bear served with beans, and crackers on the side.  Dessert is your choice of a chocolate bar, bowl of hot peaches, or granola.  Includes one beverage of your choice--all the water you can drink, or a single cup of coffee or tea.  Choices of tea are birch bark, rose hip, reishi, and herbal. The price per meal is one arrowhead or rifle cartridge, or two revolver cartridges, and we require payment in advance.

20190523173205_1.thumb.jpg.dcc56b231d0dd589f143a7bd7fb477a8.jpg

Do you accept bottle caps or idk money? ... Okay well I don't have much so what about about two gallons of hydrogen peroxide? I have too much meds...

Edited by Ghosty 1944
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ghosty 1944 said:

so what about about two gallons of hydrogen peroxide?

H2O2 is really good for making barrels full of boom oxidize in a timely manner. I'll be a serious component of any moose cannons that someone may craft out in the back forty. I'd suggest you take him up on his offer.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Ghosty 1944 said:

Do you accept bottle caps or idk money? ... Okay well I don't have much so what about about two gallons of hydrogen peroxide? I have too much meds...

You know this makes me think, why do we always assume that in any disaster or post-disaster game, the economy has irrevocably been destroyed?   Maybe it will recover.  Maybe we will go back to using paper money, until the infrastructure is fixed.  Sure, in the game winter is eternal, but in reality it would eventually warm up.  You might find your way back to the mainland, where things aren't so dire.  I'd think if I were actually in this situation, while something I could use more immediately would be preferable, I don't think I'd realistically turn down a fat stack of $20 bills in exchange for a plate of food.  Because you never know.