TFTFT3 Bugs and Feedback Thread (Merged)

We continue to receive bug reports, and we are working toward resolutions for many of these issues. We will provide more information as soon as it is available. In the meantime, we have also updated the Known Issues list to highlight the top priorities: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/10522105337364-Known-Issues 

Please note that the best way to report issues is via the Support Portal, and we strongly recommend filing a ticket if you have not already done so: http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

Thank you for your patience, and we will follow up with you directly if we have any additional questions about the bugs listed in this thread. 

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Danke – wo auf dem Damm hast du die Kletten gefunden? War es bei den Wohnwagen oder näher am Fluss?
Ich werde das nächste Mal, wenn ich dorthin reise, noch einmal nachsehen.

Vom Rätselsee aus Richtung Damm auf Höhe von alans Höhle und als 2. Punkt habe ich welche bei der Bärenhöhle hinten am See welche gefunden die stehen genau vor der Höhle des Bären 

Ich finde es schade dass ich immer noch nicht angeln kann somit fehlt mir eine meiner wichtigsten Nahrungsquellen. Es stürzt leider sofort ab nachdem ich auf 1 Stunde angeln geklickt habe ☹️

10 hours ago, curtmantle said:

I'm a C# developer (non Unity) and it just means that IceFishingHole object was null (empty) so it can't call the method UpdateFishing. It's a definite bug.

My experiences so far

I have seen Ptarmigans in an old save outside the Mystery Lake camp office. That's the only time so far in a couple of hours play.

I have also encountered the rabbit audio bug - the rabbit was caught in a trap outside Trapper's Cabin.

One bug I have encountered that I haven't seen mentioned yet: Potatoes disappearing from my inventory.

I picked up some potatoes from Mystery Lake Camp Office and took them to Trappers. They were only 5% condition so I cooked them which raised them to 55% condition but as soon as I went outside of Trapper's cabin they disappeared from my inventory never to be seen again.

So the save file itself isn't corrupted? Good news.

The bug returned where if you pick up  multiple painkillers or antibiotics they merge into one stack with the same condition. At least on the Steam pc version.

Edited by Aztec
spelling
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I'm frankly astonished at the number of bugs with this release. It's unprecedented....I've never seen anything like it. I try to be positive but I'm honestly asking myself "was there any playtesting at all?"

Edit: Of course yes there's internal playtesting, I know this, but just.. Wow. How did all these bugs slip the net? That's where I'm coming from. The ones I mentioned practically leaped down my throat. There's no avoiding them. Even the one I thought I was mistaken on, turned out to be legit. I'm just really struggling to figure out how ALL these bugs slipped the net, all at the same time. Like, in all of the playtesting, nobody ever pressed J? Really?

Someone on a Reddit thread said this: 

I do work in game dev, and considering the fact that the bedroll disappearing seems to happen 100% of the time, I can think of 3 possible explanations:

• It wasn't tested at all
• It was tested and caught, but they didn't have time to fix it
• It was tested, caught, and fixed, but later changes removed or re-broke the functionality by accident

Of these, I suspect #3 is what happened, but there is no real way to know. In a way it is the most 'understandable' of the 3, because it means they thought it was working when they released the patch, but they just happened to be incorrect.

And I kinda hope they're right. Then again, we can't know what's happening behind the scenes and how they test things so who knows 🤷‍♀️ I will agree that there are some hefty bugs this time around... I don't think any of the earlier updates have affected me as much.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Renn said:

And I kinda hope they're right. Then again, we can't know what's happening behind the scenes and how they test things so who knows 🤷‍♀️ I will agree that there are some hefty bugs this time around... I don't think any of the earlier updates have affected me as much.

I just had the second trailer near Carter Damn break in a newly created save and I was just in it a minute ago! New saves can definitely become unloadable in certain areas as well and I literally did not do anything between it functioning and breaking!

6 hours ago, Renn said:

I also worked closely with software developers for about 10 years (not video games though) and ... I mean the third scenario where it was tested, and something else later broke it, yeah I'd buy that... but once you have a release candidate, you're supposed to test that release candidate. Like, not just test the individual pieces, you test what you're about to push from RC to production. And if it doesn't work...you don't push it to production.

• Upvote 4

I too am concerned with the number of bugs, many of them are obvious - aka doesn't take a long time to notice it as a bug. 

Like, I was okay with Raphael / Hinterland delaying part 3 for... quality reasons if I remember right? Well, turns out part 3 has same number of bugs of 2 if not more. I hope they will greatly playtest part 4 before pushing it out, we can be patient. It's better than having your save files at risk of FUBAR.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I also worked closely with software developers for about 10 years (not video games though) and ... I mean the third scenario where it was tested, and something else later broke it, yeah I'd buy that... but once you have a release candidate, you're supposed to test that release candidate. Like, not just test the individual pieces, you test what you're about to push from RC to production. And if it doesn't work...you don't push it to production.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess this person was talking about just the one bug as well, not the whole myriad that came with Part 3 as one whole. Hope they'll be able to fix it soon, I'm really excited for this update and I don't want to ruin it by constantly complaining about the studio I love so much

I managed to get a broken interior to be able to be loaded ONCE after a couple of dozen tries...

Ok, I looked at the console again and I noticed what threw a null pointer exception this time was a rock cache. Rock Cache and Ice Fishing Hole...two player placed structures...

Could that be what causes this bug? Some issue with the placing mechanic of player structures?

Edited by Laika Ivanova
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bysinda said:

I'm sure crampons will make all the difference 😆

Stamina for climbing seems to be directly connected to the sprint percentage left

It wasn't like that before, right? ...it's not gonna be like that from now on, it's a bug,  I hope? 😅

What the heck!!!    I know it's faster than usual but that was ridiculous..😁

• Upvote 1

No variants so far either.. I've checked five maps completely and half of two more...  Along with no ptarmigans and only 4 burdocks I think it's because I'm on a  custom  run..  

I don't want to have to start a new run again .....

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

I was having the Linux bug where the game wouldn't load at all, but the patch was quick and worked beautifully.

I've not had much time in Part 3, so the only bug I have so far is

On 6/23/2023 at 4:52 AM, Tekuromoto said:

I've also noticed that the stamina meter is always visible.

and it's bugging the h*ck out of me. It's onscreen even if I turn off the HUD completely, so it's the only thing onscreen, and it is still there even when I'm crouched.

On 6/23/2023 at 3:16 PM, Serenity said:

I think I can confirm the low fatigue walk speed.

I did feel slow, too. I wrote it off at the time as being subjective, and maybe the wind was stronger than I thought, but it appears as though it might be a Thing from all these reports.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:34 AM, ajb1978 said:

Tried fishing just now with multiple different lures. 36 hours at Level 5 Fishing at Crystal Lake....not one single fish caught.

Fishing is abso-friggen-loutely busted to the highest degree at present.

Edit: For testing purposes I had no bait. I've never needed bait IRL when fishing with lures, didn't think I'd need it here. Especially at Level 5.

I have had no success using the fishing holes within fishing huts since the update.

Making a fishing hole in the ice just beyond the fishing hut has led to traditional results - about 2 fish per hour on Fishing 5.  At CH that means trout and salmon.  I stay within the fishing hut and use a fishing hole in the ice just beyond the threshold of the hut.  Using a lure led to less fish per hour and those included only the new exotic species - rockfish being the common catch with the irish red lord being caught once.

To date I have crafted but not used the new unattended fishing pop up.  To date I have not used any bait.

44 minutes ago, Blizzard Walker said:

I have had no success using the fishing holes within fishing huts since the update.

Making a fishing hole in the ice just beyond the fishing hut has led to traditional results - about 2 fish per hour on Fishing 5.  At CH that means trout and salmon.  I stay within the fishing hut and use a fishing hole in the ice just beyond the threshold of the hut.  Using a lure led to less fish per hour and those included only the new exotic species - rockfish being the common catch with the irish red lord being caught once.

To date I have crafted but not used the new unattended fishing pop up.  To date I have not used any bait.

The hut holes are crash causing for me I too fish a hole in front of hut, but testing at anglers den i found at skill 5 fishing normal yielded normal results 2-5 fish per hour avg I tried for an hour with bait and lure and caught 2 one being a 17lb burbot

Edited by Enigmaecho

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

No variants so far either.. I've checked five maps completely and half of two more...  Along with no ptarmigans and only 4 burdocks I think it's because I'm on a  custom  run..  

I don't want to have to start a new run again .....

I feel your pain...I started a new run when I got a revolver on Loper. But a new run can be exciting, though. What do you customize? 

16 minutes ago, bysinda said:

I feel your pain...I started a new run when I got a revolver on Loper. But a new run can be exciting, though. What do you customize? 

Well I take sprains off,wind variability to low (because I like silent blizzards, max wolves, medium moose, and length of day goes up to x4..  I used to max bears too but that seems to make them rarer for some reason...  I had quite a lot of runs before the last update and tried a few different ones but with all the new stuff I thought I'd make it easier than them...   Or I'd have added colder over time to max.

I have tried stalker in the past and actually made it to over a 100 days until I was mucking about teasing a wolf😁.    And I did try a loper run last week too and lasted three weeks until I got driven nuts by it being slow and boiling water every five minutes.. deliberately annoyed a wolf then too..  I wouldn't have gone that long but I at least wanted to find a bedroll before I died. 

I've just pent the last two hours playing a pure pilgrim run in the hope I'd find at least a ptarmigan but still nothing,so I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or it's just a general bug.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Renn said:

Another VERY small one: Entering the (abandoned) Prepper Cache in ML consistently dropped me in the middle of the bunker rather than at the bottom of the stairs

It did that to me before the Part 3 update

Hi everyone. Overall I love the new cooking and fishing added. I have a few bugs I have found so far playing on the Xbox platform: (all in Forsaken Airfield)

1. Once I clear the fishing hole in the ice fishing hut near drift island, when I go to try to fish, the game crashes and closes. When I restart, I go back to the last save-point. The ice hut on the side closest to the waterfall.

2. Although I don’t mind it, the snow shelter seems to regenerate every few days (after a blizzard?) on drift island. I break it down and get the sticks and cloth, but it regenerates regularly.

3. I looted the potatoes from the bag in the basement of the main hangar, but when I left the hangar, the potatoes disappeared from my inventory.

Not complaining developers, I love the update but just wanted to mention a few bugs I found so far.

I was looking for some more stuff in the hanger when I started up my game after the new update. while rechecking the basement I noticed the forge. which look much less like a forge now.

image.thumb.png.dfbe492bee9d4235d2fdea7824253a93.png

Edit* I think there is lots of invisible/broken models, because I cam back upstairs and this was also invisible. maybe its just my game. anyone have some tips on how to fix it?image.thumb.png.1e49512b999ad0048ab6b465cd194d9f.png

Edited by Blackknigh025