TFTFT3 Bugs and Feedback Thread (Merged)

On 6/25/2023 at 8:57 AM, Blizzard Walker said:

I have had no success using the fishing holes within fishing huts since the update.

Making a fishing hole in the ice just beyond the fishing hut has led to traditional results - about 2 fish per hour on Fishing 5.  At CH that means trout and salmon.  I stay within the fishing hut and use a fishing hole in the ice just beyond the threshold of the hut.  Using a lure led to less fish per hour and those included only the new exotic species - rockfish being the common catch with the irish red lord being caught once.

To date I have crafted but not used the new unattended fishing pop up.  To date I have not used any bait.

Circling back on this, fishing has apparently been fixed. Tip-ups, bait, lures, etc. are all working well. I've caught some rare fish to, such as some kind of Irish Lord Thingymabober which I really wish I'd had the foresight to screencap, but apparently is a super rare saltwater fish. Doesn't actually do anything special, more like a "Hey, look what I caught" deal.

After the bear glitched through the wall and nearly gave me a heart attack..  it ran off to die and as I was rather annoyed with it I  harvested his hide and then fired a flare in his face...  

Flare and bear flew into space and this time it didn't come down  again..  

@ajb1978 my fishing is kinda fixed…..I’ve been able to fish in huts and fishing holes and have caught all the fish. Yet after the hotfix I can’t cancel fishing while fishing. I’ve tried everything to fix it. It seems it’s only happening on my custom game also. I fixed it once by entering a cave system….but after that haven’t been able to fix it again. Made a report so hopefully it gets fixed. I don’t even have a cursor during fishing to be able to cancel it 🤣.

I also am experiencing Astrid impersonating McKenzie even worse now. Yet it only ever happens at Timberwolf mountain, which is my main base. This is also where the fishing glitch is happening.

Some feedback for tales part 1-3 

Cooking is a great addition but it feels like there isn’t enough potatoes and carrots currently in the sandbox I searched the entire island and came to 30 potato’s and 22 carrots which only comes out to maybe a dozen meals for the whole run and that’s a bit disappointing  

also the fish recipes require trout and not allowing for any fish severely limits their availability to craft and benefit from 

Fishing 

crafting lure bait and tip up and fishing with it should grant xp to fishing skill

the ice fishing holes: please open up what is “acceptable ice” it was very disappointing to not be able to fish the ponds at climbers cave, bleak inlet at the cabin, most of hushed river, most(all?) of the muskeg, the river in the far branch Ect 

On 6/28/2023 at 5:36 AM, Leeanda said:

Anyone noticed the noises after climbing the small climbs...  Sounds like they're walking on fly paper😁 

It doesn't last too long though..

This is something we are working to resolve. We should have more information soon. Thanks, @Leeanda

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Cooking is a great addition but it feels like there isn’t enough potatoes and carrots currently in the sandbox I searched the entire island and came to 30 potato’s and 22 carrots which only comes out to maybe a dozen meals for the whole run and that’s a bit disappointing  

also the fish recipes require trout and not allowing for any fish severely limits their availability to craft and benefit from 

Fishing 

crafting lure bait and tip up and fishing with it should grant xp to fishing skill

the ice fishing holes: please open up what is “acceptable ice” it was very disappointing to not be able to fish the ponds at climbers cave, bleak inlet at the cabin, most of hushed river, most(all?) of the muskeg, the river in the far branch Ect 

Thank you for your feedback! 

• Like 1

@Admin Adding on from the comment you responded to above, you should also be able to fish at the pond at BlackRock, there is a warf with a boat next to the hut….so I’m assuming they used to fish there?.

I tried all over that pond couldn’t find a place to fish….

Not sure if this is known yet but the Miner's Flashlight may not be appearing in existing Custom saves. Not sure about existing games from one of the four stock modes though.

I finally had to break down and look it up, and it wasn't located at any of the three confirmed spawn points.

I did find the sport bow though.

2 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Not sure if this is known yet but the Miner's Flashlight may not be appearing in existing Custom saves. Not sure about existing games from one of the four stock modes though.

I finally had to break down and look it up, and it wasn't located at any of the three confirmed spawn points.

I did find the sport bow though.

No miners light either...        You got there quickly, ...peach pies?

Just now, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda I’m sure it’s bugged then. You post enough to show that you know the maps ☺️

I post way too much😁.     I know most pretty well but hrv and forsaken are still a nope.

I know I'm missing a bow variant and recipe from hrv but I'm not bothered enough to go there for them.presuming they are there of course.

1 hour ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda why don’t you go to FA?

The glimmer fog gives me a really bad migraine..  that's why I asked for it to be made optional in the accessibility  settings.   The only reason I've been able to go in there was because I could choose the starting weather at the beginning of the new run..  

8 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

I’m not sure if this was intended and isn’t doing so but are we able to/could we reheat meals like we can with canned goods and hot teas, also I hope my above didn’t come off as insisting or nagging 

Just did that this morning with a stew I'd made previously, so it is possible. 

Doesn't appear possible with pies though. And whilst on one level that makes sense (once it is cooked, it is cooked) you can open, cook and then carry around in a backpack, tins of soup, pork and beans etc. And then heat them up again days later....

On 7/6/2023 at 4:29 AM, Enigmaecho said:

Fishing 

Very good observation. 

Im on Loper and i found only 4 carrots and 7 potatoes form almost whole world - Oil, salt and flour i have found plenty. I know its loper but something seems out of proportion - maybe less salt oil and flour and a lil more of the veggies. 

Also i think that the ice hole shouldnt freeze that fast after leaving it for some time one has to punch new holes for too long and the tools take damage much faster if you decide to fish that way. Takes more that one ingame hour to break ice again - 2 holes more than 2 hours - i dont think its efficient. On the contrary too much time , only one fish, tools take damage and the setup breaks too fast so you have to do another one - i think it needs revamp. Fishing live from a hut is still the best way. 

When i punch a hole on the ice for fishing i put grass or other weed inside it so it doesnt freeze that fast. 

Doesn't just seem to be momento notes not spawning in visors. In Junker's Paddock at Forsaken Airfield there is supposed to be polaroid. It's not there either.

Agreed on the potatoes and carrots. Those are the real rare ingredients. And there are so many recipes that need several potatoes. I like the general design of the cooking update, but the choice of ingredients just isn't that great. Some of the things you can cook a few times and that's it.

Edited by Serenity

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

No miners light either...        You got there quickly, ...peach pies?

Sleep is for the weak.

Also I'm travelling light and hunting on the road lol. I don't normally like to waste good arrows on a plain old doe, but food's food and it lets me stay mobile.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Sleep is for the weak.

Also I'm travelling light and hunting on the road lol. I don't normally like to waste good arrows on a plain old doe, but food's food and it lets me stay mobile.

I get my twelve hours a night, plus a few in early afternoon.😁.  

But I agree about the does..   I don't really bother with the stags either unless I steal it from a wolf.

• Upvote 1

from time to time i have sound interruptions. The sound (blizzard, wind, etc) stops for ~1 second and then comes back in. I believe this happens everytime when the game starts something new in the background, for example decides whether the wind shall blow heavier or less (but again, this is just an assumption on my part)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Leeanda said:

But I agree about the does..   I don't really bother with the stags either unless I steal it from a wolf.

Oh that's a classic jackpot scenario! Chase deer into wolf, kill wolf, eat both.