TFTFT3 Bugs and Feedback Thread (Merged)

2 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda that sucks! I found mine in the table in foreman’s retreat. Did you try down in that broken down ada just down the hill where that bear patrols?

I tried all buildings,even the fishing hut ,  so I have 4 out of nine . However I haven't been to hrv or forsaken to look for those two..  so still three missing at the moment...  I can't go to forsaken and I need to be desperate to go to hrv  .  Which I never will be...😁.  It's a long trek for both especially since they might not even be there.

10 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda you should go get the stalkers pie from HRV. I find it the best to be honest, easiest to make for me as I live at Timberwolf and the bears and wolves are plenty. I’m missing just the 2 . The pancakes and the fish cakes.

The only reason I went in the first place was for the sv bunker. And I followed the signal there and my son remembered the route out again..    I really hate hrv....  (No offence Devs, it's very well designed ). 

I haven't really done much cooking to be honest, 

4 hours ago, ArsenicMonkey said:

I found a polaroid at the island cottage and when I arrived close to the vista location I had to climb a small wall of branches but after I did I got a audio glitch where it was the same footstep sound effect that could only be fixed if I walked on stone.

same here

Posted this as a separate topic, might as well put it here as well:

Not a major bug, but I was playing As The Dead Sleep today and noticed that the meat texture (for deer meat anyway) is the old pre-update one. Since I found potatoes and cooking oil, it seems that the rest of the changes are applied as normal.

@Leeanda I’ve made all the recipes except of course the ones that I can’t get (Lilys pancakes and fish cakes, they have bugged out) and the ones that involve ptarmigans (custom existing game). However I am trying interloper for the first time and was able to find the birds and make some broth etc. I was scared to try interloper, but went in with mine set that I’m going to die so let’s get on with it and see what I can do. So far I’ve lasted 25 days, so I’m doing okay. ☺️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda I’ve made all the recipes except of course the ones that I can’t get (Lilys pancakes and fish cakes, they have bugged out) and the ones that involve ptarmigans (custom existing game). However I am trying interloper for the first time and was able to find the birds and make some broth etc. I was scared to try interloper, but went in with mine set that I’m going to die so let’s get on with it and see what I can do. So far I’ve lasted 25 days, so I’m doing okay. ☺️

I've made a few peach pies,tried one didn't like the effects from the headache so they're sitting untouched.. I'm saving the pancakes,not sure why🙂. And tried the porridge. 

Congrats , that's good for a first attempt. I  know loper is tough . Tried it myself a few weeks ago. I just don't have the patience for it so got myself killed on purpose after three weeks.

Edited by Leeanda

9 hours ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda yeah it’s a bit rough, I’ve just managed to make a bow and I forged a while ago so I’ve got some arrows. Time to hunt!!. Thank god for Zakanerfrin (not sure that right spelling) he has helped so much with tips and tricks 😁

He does do good videos.  😊.   I'm glad you're making good progress.  

Anyone experiencing issues with hit markers, as in you kill a wolf or stun a rabbit and when you go over the marker to interact with them is way off! I stunned 5 rabbits today and it happened with 4 of them. I noticed it especially when you had something in your hand.

4 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

Anyone experiencing issues with hit markers, as in you kill a wolf or stun a rabbit and when you go over the marker to interact with them is way off! I stunned 5 rabbits today and it happened with 4 of them. I noticed it especially when you had something in your hand.

Only once with a deer, the hitbox was a good few feet above the carcass.

So I started my latest run just when Frontier Comforts was released, and since then, I haven't had "real" fog at all, not once. I mean, there has been fog, but it's not the actual opaque white wall it used to be, it's just a grey sky in the distance (and I'm unable to map, for ex). Similarly, glimmer fog is only the "electric current" on the snow.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere here, sorry if I missed it.

That said, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...

On 7/9/2023 at 7:47 PM, Leeanda said:

The only reason I went in the first place was for the sv bunker. And I followed the signal there and my son remembered the route out again..    I really hate hrv....  (No offence Devs, it's very well designed ). 

I haven't really done much cooking to be honest, 

What makes you hate HRV so much?

The region I like the least is AC... those rope bridges, etc. 

41 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

So I started my latest run just when Frontier Comforts was released, and since then, I haven't had "real" fog at all, not once. I mean, there has been fog, but it's not the actual opaque white wall it used to be, it's just a grey sky in the distance (and I'm unable to map, for ex). Similarly, glimmer fog is only the "electric current" on the snow.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere here, sorry if I missed it.

That said, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...

What makes you hate HRV so much?

The region I like the least is AC... those rope bridges, etc. 

It's so cluttered and ...messy looking. (A bit like Milton ) It feels so claustrophobic to me.. mainly at ground level though,it's not quite as bad up high..   and I'm not sure if it's just me but it's never quiet there, it's always high winds or its the waterfalls making a racket..    

As I said though, it's very well designed . Just not my kind of place.   I like pv because it's so open

• Upvote 1

Aside from the bugged snow shelter, I also found that I had a box full of ruined matches... Before I went to hrv I had two boxes, both roughly about 70%.  One had about 50 in,the other 70+ .

Just before I left hrv I found one box to be completely ruined,I couldn't even drop them. When I got to the trailer in mountain town I tried to put them in a drawer only to find they'd vanished.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:31 PM, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda you should go get the stalkers pie from HRV. I find it the best to be honest, easiest to make for me as I live at Timberwolf and the bears and wolves are plenty. I’m missing just the 2 . The pancakes and the fish cakes.

Well I scoured the entire area where it says it is on tube videos and I found nothing.. not even a corpse.

1 minute ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda When you put ruined things in drawers and cabinets etc they disappear. It’s like a rubbish bin for the game. I actually love it 😊

I know but I didn't put them in a drawer. They'd disappeared before I'd got into the trailer.  

I have no idea how they even got ruined in the first place.

On 7/2/2023 at 9:49 PM, ajb1978 said:

In a car the bedroll is used automatically if in your inventory. You have to go out of your way to ditch it if you don't want to use it in a car, such as by temporarily shoving it in the glove box.

To use it out and about, open your inventory, select the bedroll, and click the "Use" button to place it in the world. I'm sure they will be added to the radial eventually, but you can still use them.

You certain about this? To my knowledge, you can sleep in any car without a roll for a warmth bonus of +3, lower than any full-repaired bedroll in the game, or you can double up if you have a special bedroll. Many times in the past I have been prompted to either sleep in a car without a roll (displayed in the survival tab as simply a regular bedroll) OR when I have it to use my bearskin bedroll, which provides the respective bonuses and of course full windshielding. The latter option has repeatedly proved an easy way to dry out my clothes, avoid windchill, and stay warm for cheap. However, because of the new survival tab glitch, the BS bedroll or ID bedroll no longer shows up there and thus can't be used in cars, forcing me to sleep outside or light a fire if extra warmth is needed. 

Btw - I have already been using the workaround you described by accessing it through the inventory, but "use" in the inventory triggers bedroll placement, which of course is disallowed in a car and I am thus left without any options to use it in a vehicle. Thanks for mentioning it, though, because it's a lifesaver for anyone else with the same issue.

Talking of bedrolls....

The bearskin  bedroll damage issue has been around since well before TFTFT (it takes significant damage from a wolf struggle if not in your inventory but is somewhere in the vicinity - eg you leave it in your temporary cave camp and then encounter a wolf a few hundred yards away) and so far as I'm aware there's no news on that being fixed....

But since TFTFT I'm noticing a significant amount of "ordinary" deterioration/wear and tear - to the point it's really not worth crafting given the effort involved in maintaining it.

Anyone else?

On 7/10/2023 at 7:54 PM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

It is possible to kill a ptarmigan as it flees the area, while it is flying away.

If this happens with a rifle or pistol (haven't tested bow or stone), the ptarmigan will die and remain moitionless in the air.

I've also seen this happening when a wolf killed one

10 hours ago, Lumi said:

Btw - I have already been using the workaround you described by accessing it through the inventory, but "use" in the inventory triggers bedroll placement, which of course is disallowed in a car and I am thus left without any options to use it in a vehicle. Thanks for mentioning it, though, because it's a lifesaver for anyone else with the same issue.

It's used automatically in cars. You don't have to do anything. If a bedroll is in your inventory, it will be used in lieu of the +3 bonus. I'm actually not sure if it will intelligently choose to NOT use a bedroll if its warmth bonus is below +3C, mainly because I never let them get that low.

But yeah, you can see it for yourself. Shove your bedroll in a glove box, bring up the sleep menu and check the bonus. Cancel, take your bedroll back, bring the menu up again and see which number is better. 

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

It's used automatically in cars. You don't have to do anything. If a bedroll is in your inventory, it will be used in lieu of the +3 bonus. I'm actually not sure if it will intelligently choose to NOT use a bedroll if its warmth bonus is below +3C, mainly because I never let them get that low.

But yeah, you can see it for yourself. Shove your bedroll in a glove box, bring up the sleep menu and check the bonus. Cancel, take your bedroll back, bring the menu up again and see which number is better. 

There's a bug at the moment meaning some of us can't use either bed or bear roll in cars at all,even via the inventory..