TFTFT3 Bugs and Feedback Thread (Merged)

40 minutes ago, Renn said:

Chiming in to say I'm currently stuck inside the Lone Lake Cabin in Mystery Lake with the "failed to load previous save" bug. Tried saving inside by passing time and have restared the game multiple times and verified integrity of game files through Steam. Just really hoping this can be fixed and doesn't mean the end of my save...

To add, I can hear the sound of the blizzard outside and the door closing sound when the failed to load screen pops up, so I guess something does load if only partially

I am seeing a lot of people on our Discord server experiencing a save breaking bug that seems to happen sporadically so far, but rather quickly. At some point, regardless of whether or not you are in a building or outside, the either the outside or interior location becomes corrupted and the game unable to load it. If you are inside a building and the outside breaks, you are stuck. I already also filed a support ticket on this with my own broken save.

If anyone else sees this: Please do not hesitate to sent them your own broken save file. As far as I can see this bug pops up very frequently, affects both old and new saves and destroys a lot of playtime due to making these saves inaccessible to play.

On my 2 existing saves, I have found zero ptarmigans so far and have looked through 4 regions.  

Also, I just noticed that animals (deer, bear) are not leaving prints in the snow.  A fresh save does show them as well as ptarmigans.

I was thinking I would validate Steam files but it's working on fresh saves....was going to do the same thing for mods...may still.

Edited by hozz1235

3 hours ago, Laika Ivanova said:

I am seeing a lot of people on our Discord server experiencing a save breaking bug that seems to happen sporadically so far, but rather quickly. At some point, regardless of whether or not you are in a building or outside, the either the outside or interior location becomes corrupted and the game unable to load it. If you are inside a building and the outside breaks, you are stuck. I already also filed a support ticket on this with my own broken save.

If anyone else sees this: Please do not hesitate to sent them your own broken save file. As far as I can see this bug pops up very frequently, affects both old and new saves and destroys a lot of playtime due to making these saves inaccessible to play.

I just fell victim to this after playing for several hours.  It happens when trying to leave a lakeside cottage in ML.

image.png.4c008dfbfba158474259fa01f48c41ef.png

3 hours ago, Laika Ivanova said:

I just fell victim to this after playing for several hours.  It happens when trying to leave a lakeside cottage in ML.

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I had just placed several Tip-ups in fishing huts before entering the cottage to sleep...

In addition to the skillet, the new Improved Bedroll doesn't appear in my radial menu at all.

I was hunting for new items in a throwaway pilgrim game and I also noticed that my stamina seemed to drain quite quickly while scaling the climb to MT. I figured it was because I was barefoot and at about 1/4 fatigue but given that the stamina bar is always on now maybe there's an issue with stamina.

Additionally, while crouched you are literally invisible to Ptarmigans (wow, I spelled that right on the first try!). You can crouch up to them and shoot them with fire arrows and none of their buddies seem to care. I doubt this is intentional.

Finally, venison now breaks down into 1 lb (0.5 kg) units rather than 2.2 lbs (1 kg). I assume this has to do with the cooking system, though previously harvested deer is still present in the normal size.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:30 PM, ajb1978 said:

Just wondering if this is me or if this is systemic..

• HItting J to bring up the Journal instead brings up a McClusterF&ck
  • The Condition bar seems smaller
  • While outside, wet clothes continue to freeze even while near a fire and protected from the wind
  • Completely unable to use the RMB via the Radial at all--this includes placing objects from the Radial, or erasing Spray Paint markers
  • Skillet does not appear in the Radial, so you either need to click on an active cook surface to place it, or drop it on the floor and RMB it
  • I have yet to encounter a single Burdock or whatever those new birds are called, and have fully explored Broken Railroad, Mountain Town, Mystery Lake, and Pleasant Valley. Could be bad RNG though.

Not just you on at least one point....when outside wet clothes do not dry and frozen clothes do not thaw if near a fire and protected from wind.  Same applies for stoves in CH fishing huts. Only by removing clothes and placing them within a fire's warming radius did they dry/thaw. Within cabins the clothes do dry and thaw.  

I have found one burdock in CH but I have not wandered much from the shore since the update.

Edited by Blizzard Walker
wrong word

Figured out my issue with the fire barrel and my clothes continuing to get wet. Slight detail I left out, it was during a blizzard. Apparently the game forgets that you're now supposed to be warming up if you just walk up to a fire. You have to drop your clothes on the ground first before they will start to dry. Once you do so you can immediately pick them back up and put them back on and they will continue to dry as usual. The game remembers that you're supposed to be drying off, and at that point you can even leave the radius of the fire and will thaw/dry as normal when you return.

Throw it on the ground, pick it back up. Weird bug but at least easy enough to work around.

I'm having a weird issue where my arrows do not degrade. Or rather, when I pick up an arrow and see that it is at 73% after killing a wolf, it then stacks with my 100% arrows and regains its durability. I've killed lots of animals with the same arrow over and over.

I can second (third?) the issue with hitting J and getting both journal screens superimposed atop one another. Please let us bind a new key for the signal void journal and leave the original journal as J.

I've also noticed that the stamina meter is always visible.

The new foods seem to decay really quickly, like in a day or two of carrying them around in my pack. I've only made pies and stews so far.

The improvised down sleeping bag isn't on the radial menu; like the new skillet, it's a pain having to deploy it from within the inventory.

I've found lots of ptarmigan in my ongoing Stalker game (in ML, by both forestry lookouts and once right outside the camp office). No burdock though.

The memento notes stuck under car visors still seem to be missing, as reported back in April.

Edited by Tekuromoto
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tekuromoto said:

I'm having a weird issue where my arrows do not degrade. Or rather, when I pick up an arrow and see that it is at 73% after killing a wolf, it then stacks with my 100% arrows and regains its durability. I've killed lots of animals with the same arrow over and over.

I can second (third?) the issue with hitting J and getting both journal screens superimposed atop one another. Please let us bind a new key for the signal void journal and leave the original journal as J.

I've also noticed that the stamina meter is always visible.

Confirming all three of these.

6 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I had just placed several Tip-ups in fishing huts before entering the cottage to sleep...

I did the same before my save broke (stuck in the house on Jackrabbit) - Same happened to also a friend of mine. 

However, I did some testing on new saves with the fishing tip ups and they do not seem to be the issue. I really hope Hinterland is on this bug right now, it is messing with saves at random times very frequently. 

Let's hope this is just some bug that only makes the save not loadable at the moment and didn't fully break it. 

Ich habe das Problem dass beim angeln mit den neuen Ködern mein Spiel sofort abstürzt sobald ich auf 1 Stunde angeln drücke. Ich habe Kletten am Rätselsee gefunden beim Nordzugang Richtung Damm. 

9 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

When it happened to me I had also just placed my first tip-up. On the Steam thread people also seemed to get the bug often after placing tip-ups, really seems like they're at least part of the problem. I really hope it's fixable and doesn't entirely corrupt your save.

17 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Now that’s… actually terrifying. The Bunny Banshees are wailing for revenge 👻.

Yes its fricking scary. I was relooting CH yesterday and i started to hear this what it seemed like alarm noise. When i got closer to Jack Rabbit island it became more intense and scary to the point i could not stand it more (i have bought new hi end headphones and with Dobly Atmos they give powerfull , clear surround sound). When i got really close the noise was agonizing and then i saw it: (un)dead rabbit caught in a snare, in agonizing spasm..up / down / up down. 

Daamn. Its a perfect candidate for Haloween event - Zombie rabbits !!!!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Finally located my first Burdock root in Ash Canyon. So they are spawning in existing games, just really, really sparingly I guess. I have hope to find a Ptarmigan at some point.

I've been playing 2 previous saves.  I am finding Burdock (in fact I made a separate post where I found 5 in a cluster).  I have NOT found any ptarmigans yet.  I've even been checking other locations where others have found them, but to no avail.

On 6/22/2023 at 11:53 AM, Leeanda said:

There's something really off with the fatigue.

I had 75% left on the fatigue metre and full on the stamina but when I tried to climb the rope up to park office in Milton I barely made it...

My stamina dropped very quickly and I nearly fell down the rope.. I have also noticed she's walking slower overall 

I have the exact same problem on my Xbox game, almost fell to my death in HRV...the stamina bar drains like something mad when you climb.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I've been playing 2 previous saves.  I am finding Burdock (in fact I made a separate post where I found 5 in a cluster).  I have NOT found any ptarmigans yet.  I've even been checking other locations where others have found them, but to no avail.

I've also found Burdock, but no ptarmigans. They show up on the map as 'gameplay_ptarmigannest' - so far no sign of any actual birds. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jotunheim said:

I have the exact same problem on my Xbox game, almost fell to my death in HRV...the stamina bar drains like something mad when you climb.

I've also noticed that when the fatigue goes below about a third she slows down a lot more than usual.  I have the feat on and fatigue on medium but it feels more like loper + than pilgrim.

• Upvote 1

Burdock does seem to be rare. I surveyed the vista in HRV on Pilgrim and only 3 single burdock roots showed up. I was thinking there would be a lot in a place like HRV but not at all. I hope they add more. 

On 6/22/2023 at 5:53 AM, Leeanda said:

I have also noticed she's walking slower overall 

I was thinking the same thing. Walking on roads seem to be slightly slower than they used to be too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1