TFTFT3 Bugs and Feedback Thread (Merged)

7 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Oh that's a classic jackpot scenario! Chase deer into wolf, kill wolf, eat both.

I don't really kill the wolf, I chase it off so I don't have to wait for it to respawn.  .  If Im already in need for deer meat I'll try to get a couple and cook them at the same time.  I. Let the wolf kill two rather than one.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:34 PM, Leeanda said:

Is that just by using the radial menu or the inventory as well?     Admin did say the bear roll will be temporarily off the radial one.

You can’t sleep from inventory in cars and planes so it’s affecting both unless you use the basic bedroll which still has a radial slot, I know admin mentioned they have a fix coming I think they are making some changes to the radial 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

You can’t sleep from inventory in cars and planes so it’s affecting both unless you use the basic bedroll which still has a radial slot, I know admin mentioned they have a fix coming I think they are making some changes to the radial 

Thank you....  I did find a bedroll in coastal not so long ago ..  I normally use the bear roll so cars aren't an option for now.

• Like 1

Random thought/feedback The down stuffing is a nice addition giving a middle ground for the sleep options, the pad is helpful but competing for valuable real estate in the accessory slot, i hope in the future it will be expanded to let you down stuff the natural clothing to help give them a little more warmth buffer so they compete with the higher tier man made clothes 👍 

• Upvote 1

PC via Steam

I just completed a short "rock climb" in Mountain Town.  My movement sounds appear to be stuck on climbing footfalls.  Astrid sounds like she's stomping around like a yeti.   :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
[Addendum]
This did work itself out after I'd switched from walking on snow to ice... that seemed to reset things to the proper sound assets.  
Not a big deal at all... but I thought it was funny.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

PC via Steam

I just completed a short "rock climb" in Mountain Town.  My movement sounds appear to be stuck on climbing footfalls.  Astrid sounds like she's stomping around like a yeti.   :D 

I know, it's so funny😅.   Admin said they're working on it .not sure I want that one fixed😁

• Upvote 1

I know this prolly isn’t where I’m supposed to put this, however I’m playing an interloper run and returned to the camp office to find a lost and found box outside. I understand they are for items that could be lost when a change is made. However inside there was 1 stone? 🤣 I haven’t stored any stones. Could this possibly be from when I’ve used a stone and it glitched into an area I can’t reach?

4 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

I know this prolly isn’t where I’m supposed to put this, however I’m playing an interloper run and returned to the camp office to find a lost and found box outside. I understand they are for items that could be lost when a change is made. However inside there was 1 stone? 🤣 I haven’t stored any stones. Could this possibly be from when I’ve used a stone and it glitched into an area I can’t reach?

I didn't think that box was still outside camp office. I haven't seen one there in well over a year.

7 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

‘I’m just confused why I have one. Didn’t realise I lost a stone 🤣

It's not just for items the player stores in a container... it's for any items displaced by a change from an update.  Every time I find one of those red lost and found boxes, additional rocks and sticks are almost always among those things that turn up (that's my experience anyway).

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeandayou talking about the red hinterland containers? I’ve never seen one at all. That’s why I noticed it straight away.

‘I’m just confused why I have one. Didn’t realise I lost a stone 🤣

No the blue containers....     There used to be one on the porch...  No idea why there's a red one,unless it's for the new veg.

So was there an update?

TFTFT pt.3
there's also been a hotfix released.

anything that caused a room or terrain to change, has a chance of displacing items... if any item gets displaced it's supposed to manifest in the lost and found box that is set for that particular area.  Each becomes a sort of consolidation point for lost things.

@Leeanda yeah the container I’m talking about is for items that might be lost due to an update. It’s red with the hinterland logo all over it. I’m guessing something must have changed in ML

Obviously that's a pc thing only. I've never seen one before .

@TwoFatCatz

I have no way to know for sure why that box manifested... if it's that new of a run then it could also have been that the stone perhaps sunk off the map and the lost and found just manifested the box and relocated a glitched item that otherwise just fell off the map.  

This is all just hypothesizing at this point.  I don't pretend to be able to look under the hood to be able to know for certain.   Just making reasonable guesses based on the information we have. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

PC via Steam

[Addendum]
This did work itself out after I'd switched from walking on snow to ice... that seemed to reset things to the proper sound assets.  
Not a big deal at all... but I thought it was funny.

Also... Astrid's vocal "efforts and exertions" are now in Will's voice... 
:D rather jarring; if I'm honest with myself. :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@TwoFatCatz

I have no way to know for sure why that box manifested... if it's that new of a run then it could also have been that the stone perhaps sunk off the map and the lost and found just manifested the box and relocated a glitched item that otherwise just fell off the map.  

This is all just hypothesizing at this point.  I don't pretend to be able to look under the hood to be able to know for certain.   Just making reasonable guesses based on the information we have. :)

As a temp fix it would be great to get a lost and found of any missing momentos recipes Polaroids and variants that didn’t spawn 

I found a polaroid at the island cottage and when I arrived close to the vista location I had to climb a small wall of branches but after I did I got a audio glitch where it was the same footstep sound effect that could only be fixed if I walked on stone.

I knew there were some issues with stacking and item condition...
I was a bit distressed to realize we can exploit it to boost the condition of otherwise like items.

I just found this with matches.

20230709100631_1.thumb.jpg.91887a0408c98251b657b97b4a9d53eb.jpg20230709100736_1.thumb.jpg.e2954849b5d4b5f124b758196faa76c7.jpg
After shuffling them around... all my wood matches are 90% and the carboard matches are now all 87%

[Conditions:]
If I add matches to an inventory (pack or container - doesn't matter), the matches that are being transferred just merges with the extant stack.  If the condition of the stack it's joining is of higher condition... we effectively reset the condition for that item (because it's erroneously merging with another stack).

Reporting and opening a ticket later... This is madness. 🤭

images (300×168)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I knew there were some issues with stacking and item condition...
I was a bit distressed to realize we can exploit it to boost the condition of otherwise like items.

I just found this with matches.

20230709100631_1.thumb.jpg.91887a0408c98251b657b97b4a9d53eb.jpg20230709100736_1.thumb.jpg.e2954849b5d4b5f124b758196faa76c7.jpg
After shuffling them around... all my wood matches are 90% and the carboard matches are now all 87%

[Conditions:]
If I add matches to an inventory (pack or container - doesn't matter), the matches that are being transferred just merges with the extant stack.  If the condition of the stack it's joining is of higher condition... we effectively reset the condition for that item (because it's erroneously merging with another stack).

Reporting and opening a ticket later... This is madness. 🤭

images (300×168)

I think this is slated to be fixed or was supposed to be last hotfix 🤔 and I think they said it was only visually represented the lesser condition ones as higher 

• Upvote 1