1 hour ago, stratvox said:

Seriously, HRV is awesome.

I'm glad you have a region you love so much and are passionate about Stratvox. However, HRV is an acquired taste. It very much divides opinion. There are many who dislike it.

I've spent time there, I've given it a good try on many occasions with a strong survivor with almost all level 5 skills. However I can't say it strongly enough, I loathe it. This is an opinion reached through trying hard with the region so my feelings are about it are as valid as anyone who loves it.

It also triggers panic attacks with me; I have PTSD and the claustrophobic and hugely confusing layout with complex winding caves is quite literally a nightmare. In a strange way it is to the credit of HTL that they design the maps so well that they can invoke such strong reactions.

We all have regions we like and dislike. Nobody is right or wrong, it is all about personal preference. That's one of the wonderful things about TLD, there is a place for everyone.

• Upvote 5

I love HRV. It's wild, it has no structures, it feels like the best survival, terrain is confusing at first, but awesome especially when you have a bit experience with it. And i love the hidden spots. DP is the most painful of them. Terrain doesn't allow an overview mostly, you stumble upon Wolfs and Bears almost everytime and just when you got to interesting spots, etc. Riken and Lighthouse are cool, but that was it for me. I started my current run there so i can leave this region behind me asap :D

For the new regions i hope we will get more natural shelter options. Like this one: shelter1.png

Or this one: shelter 2.png

And to give us protection from wind and being seen, it would be cool if we would be able to have primitive building options for that. I will add more example pictures when i find them. Maybe the current maps will get an overhaul?

edit: found it!

shelter 3.png

For those of you who are curious about that: This is the survival show 7vsWild on YouTube by Fritz Meinecke. He and 6 friends were set out in the wilderness of Sweden. Everyone is completely alone and has to survive for 7 days. It's just the participants with the GoPros, additional batteries, solar panels to load them and they just record what happened. No TV Team, no script, no contact to the others, only the participants.
Season one skyrocketed and season 2 is currently coming on YT, every saturday and wednesday 6pm german time. This time with a full behind the scenes show, everything is more extreme and harder.

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Karl Grylls said:

I love HRV. It's wild, it has no structures, it feels like the best survival, terrain is confusing at first, but awesome especially when you have a bit experience with it. And i love the hidden spots. DP is the most painful of them. Terrain doesn't allow an overview mostly, you stumble upon Wolfs and Bears almost everytime and just when you got to interesting spots, etc. Riken and Lighthouse are cool, but that was it for me. I started my current run there so i can leave this region behind me asap :D

For the new regions i hope we will get more natural shelter options. Like this one: shelter1.png

Or this one: shelter 2.png

And to give us protection from wind and being seen, it would be cool if we would be able to have primitive building options for that. I will add more example pictures when i find them. Maybe the current maps will get an overhaul?

edit: found it!

shelter 3.png

For those of you who are curious about that: This is the survival show 7vsWild on YouTube by Fritz Meinecke. He and 6 friends were set out in the wilderness of Sweden. Everyone is completely alone and has to survive for 7 days. It's just the participants with the GoPros, additional batteries, solar panels to load them and they just record what happened. No TV Team, no script, really just the participants.
Season one skyrocketed and season 2 is currently coming on YT, every saturday and wednesday 6pm german time. This time with a full behind the scenes show, everything is more extreme and harder.

Nice thought but I wonder just how much natural landscape surrounds an airfield?   It might just be like forlorn only a runway instead of ice?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Nice thought but I wonder just how much natural landscape surrounds an airfield?   It might just be like forlorn only a runway instead of ice?

I guess on an airfield it wouldn't be necessary. Wouldn't hurt either though. In HRV however.... 

I have to say that i was there only once on pilgrim when it came out. But i had the feeling that the only natural option for shelter were caves which i found... unimaginative?

This one cave in Ash Canyon was a step into the right direction. Forgot the name and don't know it in english at all, but that was cool. It was open, different and i guess more realistic than caves everywhere? With the option to close it with large branches (see above) and isolating and softening the ground with leafs, pine-needles and whatnot that would be really cool :)

//just found this scene while i was rewatching Season 1. This is the cave from the first picture in my last post:

shelter 4.png

That's just awesome isn't it?

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Karl Grylls said:

I guess on an airfield it wouldn't be necessary. Wouldn't hurt either though. In HRV however.... 

I have to say that i was there only once on pilgrim when it came out. But i had the feeling that the only natural option for shelter were caves which i found... unimaginative?

This one cave in Ash Canyon was a step into the right direction. Forgot the name and don't know it in english at all, but that was cool. It was open, different and i guess more realistic than caves everywhere? With the option to close it with large branches (see above) and isolating and softening the ground with leafs, pine-needles and whatnot that would be really cool :)

I think I know where you mean,can't remember what it was called either.🙂 

But making a "nest" as it were sounds cosy.

I did find it kind of odd to have oak trees in the new region. I didn't think oaks were native here at all; I've certainly never seen one in the wild. I just looked it up, and there is indeed 1 species of oak that occurs here naturally, albeit only in a very limited small area. But that area includes the eastern part of Vancouver Island. I rarely venture to that part of BC, so I guess that's why I had no idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_garryana

On 11/13/2022 at 8:30 PM, Kranium said:

I did find it kind of odd to have oak trees in the new region. I didn't think oaks were native here at all; I've certainly never seen one in the wild. I just looked it up, and there is indeed 1 species of oak that occurs here naturally, albeit only in a very limited small area. But that area includes the eastern part of Vancouver Island. I rarely venture to that part of BC, so I guess that's why I had no idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_garryana

Would you says it's a... Far Territory?  😎

• Upvote 2

On 11/12/2022 at 4:35 PM, Sgt Socks said:

However, HRV is an acquired taste. It very much divides opinion. There are many who dislike it.

Yes, there is no consensus about this region, several players love it but for a lot it's incredibly tricky and confusing.

I see HRV as an attempt to make the purest survival experience in the game, and it's incredible well done. Unlike 'partial-wild' regions like TWM, you don't have a single clue or orientation about HRV, it's just a vast and wild region without an evident route, you need to learn and explore everything.

Even after +500 hours of gametime, im sure i have only explored about 30% of the region. Sadly, HRV isn't a good place to stay and explore in Interloper (If you want to explore the entire region).

Maybe one day i give a try to explore the whole map on easier game settings 🤠

Also, while HRV can be confusing and stressful, there are easy routes to loot the important stuff (Bedroll cave, preper cache cave, and maybe signal) and leave the region quickly. 

Update on the starting region speculation:

With the new teaser on twitter, we know the railines start at the heart of the island, then leads to the far territory. 

However, the post says 'Remote', something strange because the current and well-known railines are not remote.. not exactly. The only remote section of the railway is the broken railroad region, and maybe.. because this region was active before the earthquakes.

If we understand the 'heart of the island' as Mystery lake or Coastal Highway, again the only two possible options are:

- Broken railroad

- Coastal highway blocked tunnel.

However, and because the 'Remoteness' of the railway lines, maybe it's another whole railway currently not visible on the game regions. 

1.png

2.png

On 11/12/2022 at 9:37 PM, Leeanda said:

I'm a pilgrim/custom player so the bow is my least used and worst skill.🙂.   Trying to find animals in any region is hard but in that terrain it'd be a nightmare..    it does have great views from the top of the cliffs..what I see of them before Astrid's demise anyway.😁 but I'm still loathe to go in there no matter what.. 

Sorry , we'll just have to agree to disagree.🙂

Ok so I forced myself to go to HRV.    I could only spend five days in there!  Admittedly there's some nice parts ,all high up!  The lower level is a total mess. There is hardly any resources except rosehips and apart from several bunnies the only wildlife I saw was two wolves and one moose (which I saw several times because I kept going in a big circle)..  wolf,deer and moose were on high settings so I don't know where they were?  I'm pleasantly surprised that there were quite a few books and containers/loot scattered around .  

But otherwise I still don't like the place and don't want to have to go there again!  So I stand by my previous statement..  

Please don't make me devs.🙂

Edited by Leeanda

On 11/19/2022 at 10:46 PM, Glacia said:

Broken railroad

I speculated in another thread about the unusual dead-end ravine at Broken Bridge.  There is a rope down.  Human body(s) are also found there.  All HL would have to do is add a rope up from the ravine at the bridge.

DLC's contents are focused to, esentially, give content to all kind of players no matter their playstyles but more more importantly, whithout them needing to know the entire game map and regions. This can apply to almost every game, not just TLD.

I mean, imagine if the connecting region it's blackrock, in a very hidden cave with complex and tricky enviroment and predators...

For most experienced players it's 'Ok, i can do that anyways', but this scenario can be atrocius for new players or just casual players. A considerable part of the DLC it's about the satisfaction and accessibility for all players, and because of that i think the traveling region should be one of the 'Easier' ones, in a not-so hard place (Coastal highway tunnel it's among the best examples of a good place to start).

• Upvote 1

Well we have 3 big clues on where Forsaken Airfield could potentially be.

2 are in the game itself, the plane crashes of PV and TWM. 

Coincidentally, both planes noses (or how it is called the part where pilots are) are pointing toward Coastal Highway area (even tho TWM's plane lost it's nose, it's still pointing toward CH).

Last one is the ''Remote Railway Lines'' teaser picture, this is one is more personal but it kinda feels like the picture fits in that tunnel at the end of the railway of CH.

20221122213210_1.thumb.jpg.dacd123264e40738a8d75f2b1353d101.jpg

(sorry for the quality of the picture)

So yeah, my guess is Coastal Highway.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

Well we have 3 big clues on where Forsaken Airfield could potentially be.

2 are in the game itself, the plane crashes of PV and TWM. 

Coincidentally, both planes noses (or how it is called the part where pilots are) are pointing toward Coastal Highway area (even tho TWM's plane lost it's nose, it's still pointing toward CH).

Last one is the ''Remote Railway Lines'' teaser picture, this is one is more personal but it kinda feels like the picture fits in that tunnel at the end of the railway of CH.

20221122213210_1.thumb.jpg.dacd123264e40738a8d75f2b1353d101.jpg

(sorry for the quality of the picture)

So yeah, my guess is Coastal Highway.

That is still my choice as well. Thanks again to Kai from the Long Development for making a version of his TLD map for me to use.

Possible Tales from the Far Territory Map.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A Lamp said:

Really makes sense.

The only problem i see, is the new DLC region being in the same place (Or very near) Perseverance Mills. It's likely the new regions are gonna have their own map or the world map gets updated.

Also... the coastal highway/PV mines currently have 3 floors, in survival they are splitted and the elevator only works for the 1st and 2nd floors (And only at aurora); the second floor is currently ruined, following the events of Wintermute, but using the Mines to traveling to the abandoned railways also makes sense, it matches the current speculation map and it's near the CH tunnel.

• Upvote 2

The "Far Territory" with a "long and treacherous journey" to get to it isnt going to be squished in between a few regions we already have. Its going to be "far" away. Probably wont even be on the overworld map we have now, theyll update it to show further.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2