Well, I feel there's 3 "open" areas where it could be. (also another area where Perseverance Mills should go, so in effect "not open" for this iteration) I'm also a huge fan of BR, and there's a perfect potential point of entry which is the same as previous POEs introduced to the game...

World_Map_Overview.png

screen_408daa43-7f98-4598-bdcf-2b0d609a9e31_hi.png

...the lower-left area aligns perfectly with the BR ravine blockage. An area here would be cool, especially if it also has a path to BI (along the road to the broken bridge), another area on the periphery...

Edited by Kranium
  • Upvote 1

I think BRR will eventually be built off...Raphael has hinted as such.

I just feel it will be North or Northwest this time...making a connection through a reopened rail tunnel in CH very likely...or if not that...opening up the end of DP by fixing that bridge...or Scruffy's cave becomes a Transition cave to where ever the first travel region is.

45 minutes ago, Glacia said:

Exploring a bit the world, i find another possible initial point of traveling to the hub region.

The coastal highway blocked tunnel (If you draw a line) pass near the mines between CH and PV, and then continues to an unknown place but not Desolation Point if you follow the 'Line'.

If you travel the mines and reach PV, there is a road near (The one who leads to TWM and crashed plane).

Not far from the mines exit, there is an small detour to another road blocked due to an avalanche; the place is called End of the road. If we still follow the imaginary line of the coastal highway tunnels, this unavaliable road should connect to the railroad at certain point.

Also match with the map!

This can make some sense because we already have seen PV blocked roads changed due to new regions (Blackrock).

endoftheroad.png

3.png

Yes that would work too.

I think it will be connected to Broken Railroad. I think it'll just go west and they'll revise the world map to show further that way.

I think the End of the Road will lead to Perseverence Mills, maybe with a region in between

6 minutes ago, Arbor said:

I think it will be connected to Broken Railroad. I think it'll just go west and they'll revise the world map to show further that way.

I think the End of the Road will lead to Perseverence Mills, maybe with a region in between

Wait to you see...we'll all be wrong. :D

I kinda hope we will all be wrong.

There is zero percent chance that PM would be directly above Mystery Lake on any map.

It's repeatedly been stated in Story Mode that PM is far to the North-

"If your friend did leave you a message on that bus and made it through the tunnel she'd have to continue North through Pleasant Valley."

"Your friend would've pushed North through Pleasant Valley."

Astrid herself tries to go North through PV...but ends up in CH and takes a boat North up along the Coast to PV.

In the Region Select screen that would be along the coast to the right...perhaps off the edge of the map.

In Kai's map it would also be along the coast to the right...since on his map right = North.

At the end of Episode 4 we're starting in a position far from the N.E. on the Coast we want to be. It's going to be a rough trek.

Also...it's entirely possible that The North Territory isn't anywhere on the current map...thought the travel zones might be. Right now we're just best guessing. I honestly hope all of us are wrong.

I also hope they only hint at where to go and don't actually tell us in any media at all...I want to seek and find it...discover it myself like the good old days.

• Upvote 2

Just now, GeneralJConnor said:

I hope you don't feel attacked...as a screenwriter I am accused of giving out too much or too little information to fill out the world.

I was just trying to be clear. :)

Not particularly no...  It just pointed out my own stupidity..   I forgot the maps as shown aren't actually top north left east etc.... 

There's also the fact I haven't played the first three stories in over three years and I skip or ignore all dialogue.anyway ..  🙂

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I wondered if the indoor lighting will be made better,or at least the light from fires?  

I really hope so. For you to need a lamp or torch inside at noon when it is a bright sunny day outside drives me nuts. And some indoor places are much worse than others.

I hadn't really noticed an issue with the light from fires indoors though, maybe its because these are in covered facilities like the stove that they wouldn't emit much light anyway 🤷‍♀️ That's how I explained it to myself, right or wrong!

I can't say I've paid attention in caves, but then again I am not known for being observant. Is the emitted light less than you would expect from an open fire?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I don't have an issue with caves on the whole except at certain times of day when you get that weird kind of light...or when it looks light from outside but gets darker as you go in.... In most caves though I find a torch gives out the best light rather than the expected lantern would..  I've never needed a light in the ash/blackrock cave  so there's obviously something I'm missing. 

Maybe I expect too much light from indoor fires but it just feels like it should be more far reaching than it is now.. 

• Upvote 1

I agree, the lighting in some caves is bloody weird. Not so much that it gets darker as you go further in, that makes sense. But you're right it doesn't make sense that it looks light from the outside but then isn't when you go in. In that example it should look fairly dark from the outside too.

Plus there are those caves you can walk through without a torch yet others you can't see the end of your nose let alone where you're going. I can understand it when there are some external openings where a little light comes through. However for one completely subterranean cave to be light enough to walk through without a torch when another is pitch black is rather inconsistent.

I think the lighting from indoor fires is probably quite accurate. In deep dark night with a closed in stove or equivalent the light would only radiate from those small squares.

A fire barrel would possibly give off a little more because of the wide top opening with just a grill over it, but without the flames being open to the air they still wouldn't radiate much more light than the stoves. Any container like structure will naturally prevent light escaping to varying degrees.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 2

It's the new transition caves that seem to be the lightest ,I've also noticed it's lighter in places at blackrock too, so I'm wondering if it was designed like that intentionally with the purpose of making all other indoors lighter in updates.  If that makes sense?  

• Upvote 1

Yes that does make sense chick. And you know all the maps incredibly well and spend a lot of time going place to place so are in a good position to notice something like this. I don't touch Blackrock with a bargepole and as a result forgot about some of the newer transitions as well so haven't picked it up.

But thinking about it, yes the Ash Canyon transition cave from Deer Clearing is fairly light. It's a good point about this possibly being intentional for future lighting changes. Will be interesting to see. They did such a beautiful job with the variable lighting in AC, incredibly realistic and atmospheric, it's then harder to accept the glaring inconsistencies elsewhere.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:01 AM, Ghurcb said:

It is clear, that some of the Tales From The Far Territory features haven't been revealed yet. So do you have any guesses, as to what else that expansion holds?

Here's my guess, and it's a bold one.
Ziplines! Just think about it. First off, there is a bunch of new rocky regions, that we'll get to explore. Second, TFTFT have already addressed some old wishes like cooking, base customisation, sleds (the free survival update adds a thermos), and ziplines have been heavily suggested in the past. And third, I'm sure everyone noticed how much Hinterland like incorporating one-way "gates" into their level design, and a zipline can serve as one of such one-way shortcuts.

What do you think about this guess? And what else do you think is going to be added to the Tales From The Far Territory?

admin jumped in to a previous post about items to add during the Aurora…. I think they may have been interested in the popcorn and pancake idea…. Working microwave… TLD mini game on computers during the Aurora.  

On 10/28/2022 at 9:27 PM, GeneralJConnor said:

I think BRR will eventually be built off...Raphael has hinted as such.

I just feel it will be North or Northwest this time...making a connection through a reopened rail tunnel in CH very likely...or if not that...opening up the end of DP by fixing that bridge...or Scruffy's cave becomes a Transition cave to where ever the first travel region is.

I’ve noticed they like to make you travel to the farthest points first…. Making AC, BLK, or BR the best points.  
I’m guessing the map will get larger, or be 2 pages.  The original map was built to accommodate Wintermute to episode 5, this expansion would require… well, an expansion 🥲

That being said, the current map and description of the expansion gives the feel of moving deep to the interior of the island, away from the coast.  Decades of unstable Geo movements in the interior would destroy railroads and give reason for deeply embedded airfields that abandoned and left in disrepair. 

Here’s a fun suggestion- access is from a rope climb at the crash site in MT…. 

1B7700BA-2752-443F-B074-DAA3EB895C7F.thumb.jpeg.eeccf62cdcd3aa135d15686baa571eb4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I think we can safely say that it probably won't be off Blackrock...because the next time we're dealing with building off Blackrock will be our to be continued from the end of Episode 4.

While I'd be all onboard for a Cave transition if they did it off Ash Canyon...I really don't expect it to be there.

I think it would be quite fun if they opened a way to just barely crawl through the landslide in HRV...to begin the first of two large travel zones.

I've already given detailed reasons why I don't think the answer is Broken RR...but I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

I just feel as if wherever the transition is it's going to end up taking us North West. And there's plenty of blank space To the NW of CH...and alongside the back side of TWM and Ash Canyon for two large Travel zones that lead to the Hub Region.

End the Hub Region is the only one of the 3 we have an image of...and it has a badly buckled Rail Road in it.

So the question is is the RR going through both travel zones and the Hub Region...or do we loose it for a while and only come across it in the Hub.

Here's my map in case you missed it. I do agree that the map will have to be either shrunk down a bit or scroll-able.

Possible Tales from the Far Territory Map.png

I understand that...but I doubt it would be a cave...it's specifically why I said they open up a path under that through the landslide.

Not like the cheeky path most use to get over the landslide in BRR...but an actual designed to be used path.

So once you knew how to get to the landslide in HRV...it would be easy to find the way to Travel Zone one if an opening in the Landslide was where it started.

Also, to be clear, I'm only choosing here because I'm taking the long and difficult journey of getting to the Far Territory...as also meaning that the entrance is hardish to get to as well.

• Upvote 1