2 hours ago, Arbor said:

The "Far Territory" with a "long and treacherous journey" to get to it isnt going to be squished in between a few regions we already have. Its going to be "far" away. Probably wont even be on the overworld map we have now, theyll update it to show further.

i just wanted to quote the dev diary here. You were faster but i will still do it^^

Dev Diary:

The Far Territory is our first attempt to expand the world of Great Bear Island with something entirely new. To get there, you must take a long and treacherous journey along abandoned railway lines, tunnel systems, and caverns, to get to the hub region that then connects to three other large regions.

"expand" the world of Great Bear.... that means pretty much that the DLC will take place completely outside of the known area of whole Great Bear. It says "a long and treacherous journey".... "to get to the hub region"

So i really don't know where the ideas the hub would be CH or any other known regions are coming from, sry. One region will be connected with the "long and treacherous" path that leads to the hub, and we don't know where this will be. TFTFT could be north of Great Bear, but West is more likely i guess because with Broken Railroad we already have a possible connection

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 5

We're not saying the connection to the Hub region is in CH or BR or cleared through the landslide in HRV even.

However the Transition to the expansive travel areas has to be. Otherwise the two would be entirely separate...and you couldn't transition between both the DLC areas and the current playable sandbox.

So the entrance/transition to the long and treacherous journey- through the travel zones- has to be in a current region.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

We're not saying the connection to the Hub region is in CH or BR or cleared through the landslide in HRV even.

However the Transition to the expansive travel areas has to be. Otherwise the two would be entirely separate...and you couldn't transition between both the DLC areas and the current playable sandbox.

So the entrance/transition to the long and treacherous journey- through the travel zones- has to be in a current region.

if it was meant like that, okay i can agree. But on the last page was a map with Forsaken Airfield drawn north of DP, which will clearly not be the case according to Dev Diary.

But yes, the collapsed tunnel in CH or the broken bridge in DP could also be true

• Upvote 1

I mean if you look at my map...I have the CH rail tunnel open...this leads to the massive Travel Zones...and then the Hub Region...and the 3 regions are off that...but not even on the map.

Why? Because I think the Region Selection Map will be two pages- and we'll have to scroll up and down to see the whole thing-

(But it will always be sideways...with North to the right).

On 11/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, Leeanda said:

I'm a pilgrim/custom player so the bow is my least used and worst skill.🙂.   Trying to find animals in any region is hard but in that terrain it'd be a nightmare..    it does have great views from the top of the cliffs..what I see of them before Astrid's demise anyway.😁 but I'm still loathe to go in there no matter what.. 

Sorry , we'll just have to agree to disagree.🙂

The zone I actually loathe is Mystery Lake - I seem to get more sprains in that zone (usually chasing down wounded animals) than I ever get in HRV or TWM even though the terrain there seems to be considerably less challenging.  So, what I'm saying is that I definitely respect anyone's right to seriously loathe any zone in the game.  It's great that TLD offers the variety, regardless. 🙂

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UpUpAway95 said:

The zone I actually loathe is Mystery Lake - I seem to get more sprains in that zone (usually chasing down wounded animals) than I ever get in HRV or TWM even though the terrain there seems to be considerably less challenging.  So, what I'm saying is that I definitely respect anyone's right to seriously loathe any zone in the game.  It's great that TLD offers the variety, regardless. 🙂

Agree on the sprains in mystery lake.. damn things nearly killed me when I was looking for that non existent cache .    Now I just take sprains off and take direct damage instead.🙂

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

if it was meant like that, okay i can agree. But on the last page was a map with Forsaken Airfield drawn north of DP, which will clearly not be the case according to Dev Diary.

Well that was my bad, i meant forsaken airfield would be above BLM/AC. But you guys may be right about BRR.

I went to investigate further about the planes and i think i found a way to prove BRR could be the region.

What i think is PV's plane wasn't trying to land in GBI, that plane was more an escape toward the mainland.

While TWM's plane (which is the plane with cargo containers) was actually send by the mainland to supply what's left of GBI and was trying to land in Forsaken Airfield.

Of course, both planes crashed due to aurora.

tld2.thumb.jpg.f43083a9d6daabdbac66e43b24fc3fd4.jpg

Honestly, now im lost. I dunno if CH is the chosen one or BRR.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:01 PM, Kranium said:

Well, I feel there's 3 "open" areas where it could be. (also another area where Perseverance Mills should go, so in effect "not open" for this iteration) I'm also a huge fan of BR, and there's a perfect potential point of entry which is the same as previous POEs introduced to the game...

World_Map_Overview.png

screen_408daa43-7f98-4598-bdcf-2b0d609a9e31_hi.png

...the lower-left area aligns perfectly with the BR ravine blockage. An area here would be cool, especially if it also has a path to BI (along the road to the broken bridge), another area on the periphery...

I guessed right :D

• Upvote 1

Ok, a bit off topic, but i have to share this and i can't edit my old post anymore. You remember my post with the pictures of natural shelter options?

Turned out, one the participants traveled back 1 year later to his spot and his spot still looks like this:

image.thumb.png.8fcd0f75c9ed4f503970e173b62f0aa0.png

I have to share it, because it looks sooo good and sooo fitting to TLD

Edited by Karl Grylls

On 10/21/2022 at 8:39 AM, APixelatedLemon said:

"Complex Recipes for Cooking" I'm guessing means you can combine foods, or find food ingredients to make new food. These more complex foods will not only be filling, but provides temporary bonuses, similar to how Breath Of The Wild cooking does it.

"Recipes and new ingredients open a range of possibilities for food preparations that can offer different gameplay effects."

Hey look, I may have been right.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, Karl Grylls said:

Ok, a bit off topic, but i have to share this and i can't edit my old post anymore. You remember my post with the pictures of natural shelter options?

Turned out, one the participants traveled back 1 year later to his spot and his spot still looks like this:

image.thumb.png.8fcd0f75c9ed4f503970e173b62f0aa0.png

I have to share it, because it looks sooo good and sooo fitting to TLD

It would be close to impossible to construct with the current tools, at least in the harder game modes.

Just imagine: it already takes a very long time to chop up broken limbs. If you had to fell that many trees, with primitive axes, it would take days. Out in the cold. Not sure it's worth it, when you have plenty of caves or indoor locations.

-t

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, turtle777 said:

It would be close to impossible to construct with the current tools, at least in the harder game modes.

Just imagine: it already takes a very long time to chop up broken limbs. If you had to fell that many trees, with primitive axes, it would take days. Out in the cold. Not sure it's worth it, when you have plenty of caves or indoor locations.

-t

We will see what the paid DLC will bring in the next 12 months. They have more building options and shelters on their roadmap. And yes, these 45 minutes for chopping a limb are not realistic.

• Upvote 1