2 hours ago, GeneralJConnor said:

I understand that...but I doubt it would be a cave...it's specifically why I said they open up a path under that through the landslide.

Not like the cheeky path most use to get over the landslide in BRR...but an actual designed to be used path.

So once you knew how to get to the landslide in HRV...it would be easy to find the way to Travel Zone one if an opening in the Landslide was where it started.

Also, to be clear, I'm only choosing here because I'm taking the long and difficult journey of getting to the Far Territory...as also meaning that the entrance is hardish to get to as well.

Well as long as it's a really big path.😁.   Sorry, I hate hrv with a passion..  

I don't mind if it's a hard journey to the new area ,I'd just not want hrv to be it.  Even BlackRock or an extension on keepers north would be preferable.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I really hope the transition is not n  hrv!!  The thought of having to run around in there looking for  yet another cave might put me off buying the dlc completely...

Aww, we love HRV! :)  No time like the present to explore it.  Can't have you not playing the DLC because of a transition location.

Edited by hozz1235

Just now, hozz1235 said:

Aww, we love HRV! :)  No time like the present to explore it.  Can't have you not playing the DLC because of a transition location.

You love hrv you mean.🙂.   I've been in there once since I finished cartographer two + years ago..and that was to throw Astrid off a very high cliff.   

Please don't make me go back in there htl.   🙂

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, GeneralJConnor said:

I understand that...but I doubt it would be a cave...it's specifically why I said they open up a path under that through the landslide.

Not like the cheeky path most use to get over the landslide in BRR...but an actual designed to be used path.

So once you knew how to get to the landslide in HRV...it would be easy to find the way to Travel Zone one if an opening in the Landslide was where it started.

Also, to be clear, I'm only choosing here because I'm taking the long and difficult journey of getting to the Far Territory...as also meaning that the entrance is hardish to get to as well.

Sounds like I haven’t spent enough time in HRV, I don’t remember there being a landslide.  I can tell you what I’m doing tonight!

@Leeandaand @Sgt Socks, just start new games on pilgrim and get some HRV  practice! Don’t be afraid to fade into the long dark a few times!  I think the DLC will be worth the purchase if for nothing else other than to help keep hinterland rolling forward :)  I know I’ll be buying it even if I don’t get a lot of play time.

But, winter is coming here so….. I’ll be getting lost in TLD with a fire and a hot drink no matter what 👍🏼👍🏼 
image.thumb.jpeg.13752d9323e782a8c4eb52b4ef7090a7.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Semple Fi said:

@Leeandaand @Sgt Socks, just start new games on pilgrim and get some HRV  practice! Don’t be afraid to fade into the long dark a few times! 

I'm sure you mean well but this is a little patronising.

I have been playing since 2016. Leeanda knows the maps inside out. Neither of us have made our judgement about HRV without having really tried the map.

Plus believe me, neither of us is afraid to fade into the long dark. 

For me, it also causes panic attacks as I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. 

Why can't people accept that just because someone really hates a map, it doesn't mean they are a lesser player. Everyone has preferences. Even the most hardened Loper or NOGOA players.

I also wouldn't want to see HRV as a transition because it is hugely divisive, a love it or hate it map. It would really make access to the new areas something a lot of people would have to seriously consider.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

Sounds like I haven’t spent enough time in HRV, I don’t remember there being a landslide.  I can tell you what I’m doing tonight!

@Leeandaand @Sgt Socks, just start new games on pilgrim and get some HRV  practice! Don’t be afraid to fade into the long dark a few times!  I think the DLC will be worth the purchase if for nothing else other than to help keep hinterland rolling forward :)  I know I’ll be buying it even if I don’t get a lot of play time.

But, winter is coming here so….. I’ll be getting lost in TLD with a fire and a hot drink no matter what 👍🏼👍🏼 

You'll probably kick yourself when you find it.

It's in the same vicinity as a waterfall that produces a colorful display.

I think that there are a lot of "Love/Hate" maps -- I don't like Forlorn Muskeg at.all. I race through as quickly as possible in almost every game I play (even on Pilgrim) - one night in the Poacher's Camp Boxcar if an absolute must.

I like the idea of a new area branching off of Broken Railroad or possibly the Bridge at the end of Desolation Point, but I don't see exactly how those will fit with what we know of the current maps/directions/hints? The skewed directional map & lack of tracks in some areas is confusing.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

I play pilgrim anyway but as I've said I have spent time in there, I got faithful cartographer about two years ago. I couldn't get out of there fast enough..    I just find it claustrophobic and messy.. 

I can always hope that there are two transition areas ,maybe one in desolation....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I can always hope that there are two transition areas ,maybe one in desolation....

I love Desolation Point (apart from *that* Moose). Its just so far away from where I am happiest spending most of my time so never seem to get long enough there. Having another reason to go that way would be great.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

I love Desolation Point (apart from *that* Moose). Its just so far away from where I am happiest spending most of my time so never seem to get long enough there. Having another reason to go that way would be great.

I agree. It is beautiful but so out the way... Mind you for anyone other than pilgrim ,that bear is going to block the road off.  Having his cave right near the exit might be a problem to say the least..

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I agree. It is beautiful but so out the way... Mind you for anyone other than pilgrim ,that bear is going to block the road off.  Having his cave right near the exit might be a problem to say the least..

Maybe that's the point? Perhaps we won't just be having mountains in the way 😳

Sadly I don't think it will be Desolation though. Mind you, I don't care about that providing they let me build a little fishing hut not too far from the Riken, then all.will be right in the world as far as I'm concerned 😁

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Maybe that's the point? Perhaps we won't just be having mountains in the way 😳

Sadly I don't think it will be Desolation though. Mind you, I don't care about that providing they let me build a little fishing hut not too far from the Riken, then all.will be right in the world as far as I'm concerned 😁

Probably right there..   I'm expecting a long trek to that airfield .

Who knows what's lurking under the ice ...........😁

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

that bear is going to block the road off.  Having his cave right near the exit might be a problem to say the least..

I was thinking about this when others were talking about where the new transition(s) would lie.  In the past, HL has opened up new cave transitions or cleared some rubble (forgive me if I'm missing others) to open up new areas.  But, repairing a bridge?  How could that be explained?  That will take some major work, engineering, materials and equipment!  Perhaps they'll just put in a rope climb on the other side of the bridge(s)?

23 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I was thinking about this when others were talking about where the new transition(s) would lie.  In the past, HL has opened up new cave transitions or cleared some rubble (forgive me if I'm missing others) to open up new areas.  But, repairing a bridge?  How could that be explained?  That will take some major work, engineering, materials and equipment!  Perhaps they'll just put in a rope climb on the other side of the bridge(s)?

Or a wobbly plank of wood.🙂.   But the rope definitely sounds more plausible and preferable.

22 hours ago, GeneralJConnor said:

You'll probably kick yourself when you find it.

It's in the same vicinity as a waterfall that produces a colorful display.

I think I’d like to see two transitions, one in HRV (that’ll force me to explore it more) and one at BR ravine. I like the explanation/question as to why there is a rope into it and not one out of it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

I think I’d like to see two transitions, one in HRV (that’ll force me to explore it more) and one at BR ravine. I like the explanation/question as to why there is a rope into it and not one out of it.  

You know what...that's an interesting point.

What if it is one travel zone from say BRR and a second from HRV or what have you...to join up to the Hub Region.

If it were that:  BRR---Travel Zone---Hub Region---Travel Zone---HRV such a design would make a double connection of this kind the only possible place for it- without the Hub Zone being utterly humongous.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Oh YES PLEASE. Socks doesn't do subtle. Gimme something big, noisy and brutal. A beast of an axe would be a joy! 

If crafting for buildings is on the cards ,it'd make sense we need stronger tools... 

Chainsaws are probably a no go though😁

• Upvote 1