Ash Canyon Teaser Image

Sherri

"Because the erotic terranes fold as North America plows into them" 😉😉 my corrector does the same... 

Looking forward for this new map, but hope it's not as mazed than hrv... I can't get my mind into this region... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grunt said:

I can't get my mind into this region... 

You need to spend quite a bit of time there.  Eventually, with enough retracing of your steps, you will have the "Aha!" moments and it comes together.  I feel ya.

Just pick an area of the map with a cave as your central scouting point.  Scout the area around that until you're familiar with it then move on to the next scouting area with a cave.

Edited by hozz1235

9 hours ago, Grunt said:

Looking forward for this new map, but hope it's not as mazed than hrv... I can't get my mind into this region... 

I also hope there isn’t an annoying maze like the BI workshop. 

Guest jeffpeng
On 11/30/2020 at 8:57 PM, Mistral said:

Guesses on release day? Bleak Inlet was released on Dec 10, so are we expecting similar date? Someone suggested Steam winter sale being a good guess, but I think by that state Hinderland is already on Christmas vacation, and inevitable bug fixing couldn't occur? (There were numerous Errant Pilgrim hotfixes in the immediate days after launch before Christmas)

I predict 2nd week of December. HL will want some buffer time to fix immediate hick-ups before going to hibernate for christmas. So yes, 10th could be very well it.

Raphael's tweet today suggests possibly next week the update will go live, if all goes well with testing.  I would think more towards the start of the week since that gives them more time to work on the inevitable bugs and problems that will show up. 

1 hour ago, UTC-10 said:

Raphael's tweet today suggests possibly next week the update will go live, if all goes well with testing.  I would think more towards the start of the week since that gives them more time to work on the inevitable bugs and problems that will show up. 

there was also new screenshot. what caused the burn? volcano maybe? meteor?

ash-canyon.jpg

1 hour ago, k0s0ff said:

I think we're going to have some problems getting fuel for the fire. It is unlikely that free spawn is possible under burned trees.

And take a look at this. I think it's a suspension bridge ? what do you think?

1871498520_EoWC4k9UUAAWPbv(2).jpeg.1af73d121f9049e48130734af0227db6.jpeg

yeh possibly for small tinder and stick but larger everywhere. not sure about that sus bridge maybe something is their.

Given @k0s0ff sharp eyes, I went back and looked at the previous images.

1722560725_AshCanyon2A.jpg.16ab88d33b558e1706db519ee0796cfb.jpg

In my cropped image, notice that little thing sticking up on the upper left, next to a tree?  Possible lookout, maybe not a full-fledged lookout but a place to look for smoke of fires.  That may tie into the next image.

511363071_AshCanyonLookout.jpg.dd9118694f47a7c49ebd0cb79f2a0f71.jpg

I did not notice before that the cable-way was going to an obvious lookout tower and it appears that the cable-way, no it is a foot bridge of some kind, continues at an angle, maybe 90 degrees, to the cable-way.  The lookout tower might even be a central point for more foot bridges that we cannot see. 

Given how rugged the terrain is, it might be more effective to have an elevated path for observers who would not have to or be able to drive vehicles to access the locations where there would be some kind of shelter.  One might expect there is a parking lot of some kind at the terminus of the cable-way but that's no necessarily so in the game. 

I also think that there was a forest fire at some point in the not too distant past.  From what can be seen the location seems pretty isolated so  the decision might have been to let it burn itself out.  The only practical way to access the canyon floor would be from the lower end which might be towards the coast.  With no apparent roads, it would look like a nightmare to try and deal with a forest fire. 

We'll see when this goes live.  

Edited by UTC-10
grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Oh that's absolutely mega! I was supposed to stain some wooden windows and paint a small section of wall in the house after my work is done but I guess priorities have changed, haven't they? 

Super excited, now I just have to get my survivor out of Bleak Inlet in one piece. 😅