Let's talk about maple syrup

J80H

Is there ONLY 25 on the map? I've looted about 80% of ML and the maintenance shed in BR and only found one so far.  I'm swimming in chips though! 

See that's the challenge of WE. Finding all the maple syrups. 

After spending a lot of time on Interloper its nice to have a reason to play with Voyaguer settings because you forget about all the good clothes! Mukluks?! Double ear wraps?! Its like you win the lottery every time you loot a building. Plus I can mess around with rifles again. And craft ammo which I haven't done yet.  Without an event, firing up Voyageur just feels like a giant waste of time so I never do it.  

I'm definitely playing this out until I find 24 more maple syrups. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, J80H said:

Is there ONLY 25 on the map? I've looted about 80% of ML and the maintenance shed in BR and only found one so far.  I'm swimming in chips though! 

See that's the challenge of WE. Finding all the maple syrups. 

After spending a lot of time on Interloper its nice to have a reason to play with Voyaguer settings because you forget about all the good clothes! Mukluks?! Double ear wraps?! Its like you win the lottery every time you loot a building. Plus I can mess around with rifles again. And craft ammo which I haven't done yet.  Without an event, firing up Voyageur just feels like a giant waste of time so I never do it.  

I'm definitely playing this out until I find 24 more maple syrups. 

i found 1 after looting most of Mountain Town

The challenge is to consume 25 across all saves, but my impression is that you'd be hard pressed to find enough within a single save file. If you're hunting the badge for prestige, it's probably faster to just start a new game, run to the closest likely spawn, drink the syrup and then start a new game. If you don't care either way, just play for fun and see if you get a happy surprise.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The challenge is to consume 25 across all saves, but my impression is that you'd be hard pressed to find enough within a single save file. If you're hunting the badge for prestige, it's probably faster to just start a new game, run to the closest likely spawn, drink the syrup and then start a new game. If you don't care either way, just play for fun and see if you get a happy surprise.

Oh man are they that rare? Getting it with multiple saves is way less fun. I'll prob loot the map and see how many I get and go from there.  I'll post back here and try to list how many and where they were..

• Upvote 1

Personally I don't think I am gonna bother with the Syrup/Chips badge now, slowly grinding on easy Voyager settings across potentially multiple saves and tens of hours doesn't sound like fun to me at all. I'll finish the 25 days badge (just passing time indoors due to no Cabin fever) and then go back to my regular Interloper & 600day Stalker

I"m in love with the Noir filter though, that I am going to carry over to my other saves

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 2

got my 25 days badge, random spawn in Quonset, from there to Mystery lake camp office, trappers, mountain town, HRV to get the satchel, then back round through Milton basin and FM.  Not keeping count but reckon I've had about a dozen packs of crisps and 4-5 syrups so far.  So with BR, all of PV & TWM inc. plane wrecks, and the other 2 coastal regions, I think I may be able to get the other badge on this save.  Do agree though that the quickest way would be to burn multiple saves.  Has anyone found a prepper's cache yet btw?

4 minutes ago, Serenity said:

In August 2012, thieves were reported to have stolen roughly 1,000 tonnes of syrup worth CA$30 million from the new ISR facility in Saint-Louis-de-Blandford. This event is known informally as the Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist. 

I think this might be us right now. 

Edited by SirSharper
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I was just thinking the same thing... find a known location on a specific map and launch over and over until you drink 25.    yeah, no... maybe?  

There are not extra syrups (or chips) in pilgrim mode, sadly.
I thought I would be all clever and hunt for them in pilgrim mode because there is a ridiculous amount of loot..... but nope.  Not a single one in the trapper's cabin, the upper dam, lake cabins/huts, prepper cache, or camp office.

pilgrim mode is boring so I'll see if I have better luck in stalker!
I also got about 4-5 in the 25 day challenge run.

15 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

There are not extra syrups (or chips) in pilgrim mode, sadly.
I thought I would be all clever and hunt for them in pilgrim mode because there is a ridiculous amount of loot..... but nope.  Not a single one in the trapper's cabin, the upper dam, lake cabins/huts, prepper cache, or camp office.

pilgrim mode is boring so I'll see if I have better luck in stalker!
I also got about 4-5 in the 25 day challenge run.

your playing regular survival mode then right?

I think we all were wondering if the those items would be added to survival mode but didn't think it likely that they would.  But then again it goes to reason that those items are just event specific so everyone's experience is relatively the same.

Edited by piddy3825
spelling

I only had about 4-5 syrups after looting most of ML, PV and abit of MT in my first WE save. 

Turns out it's much faster for me to get the badge by making 20 saves on PV start and rush straight to farmhouse for that guaranteed syrup spawn in the kitchen as loose item (no need to search cabinets), and restart the process. Took less than an hour as compared to potentially many days irl at the current rate of finding those syrups in a normal playthrough.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, gotmilkanot said:

... faster for me to get the badge by making 20 saves on PV start and rush straight to farmhouse for that guaranteed syrup spawn in the kitchen as loose item (no need to search cabinets), and restart the process. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I'm fairly certain they didn't have that in mind when it was announced the badges could be earned across multiple saves...
Never the less, I am sure many other players have or will adopt this "strategy" in order to obtain the achievement.  Let the Meta Gaming begin!

36 minutes ago, gotmilkanot said:

I only had about 4-5 syrups after looting most of ML, PV and abit of MT in my first WE save. 

Turns out it's much faster for me to get the badge by making 20 saves on PV start and rush straight to farmhouse for that guaranteed syrup spawn in the kitchen as loose item (no need to search cabinets), and restart the process. Took less than an hour as compared to potentially many days irl at the current rate of finding those syrups in a normal playthrough.

There isn't a garunteed Syrup spawn in the Farmhouse...at least there wasn't for me.

• Like 1

I came here to complain about how rare maple syrup is.

I only have CH and DP left to loot out, I held up hope for the summit but did all the containers and 0 chips, 0 syrup. 

From 30 hours of playing, I have eaten 7 syrup and 20 chips. I doubt I'll get more than 10 syrup total, having looted out all the major locations and most others, summited and found 3 prepper's caches in all the regions. That comes to repeating about 25 hours of play 3 times to the get second badge, which is excruciatingly boring and bad game design.

I propose that you triple the amount of maple syrup in the challenge if you don't want flak for how badly designed the challenge is. It's already a very boring challenge.

Edited by Gun Tech.
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gun Tech. said:

I came here to complain about how rare maple syrup is.

LOL, if paint cans were maple syrup, my character would have diabetes by now and I'd be fighting that plane crash survivor in PV for their supply of insulin!

• Upvote 4
  • Like 4

25 days was really easy to make but I haven't seen a single maple syrup bottle. I started from ML and went to CH through the Ravine. I also found a prepper's food cache on ML but got nothing for the badge, no chips no syrup... I have found 14 bags of chips already but I guess that syrup is like gold so I think I just need to spam new games to get that stuff... Kinda sucks to play like that but what can you do. I think I will visit like 5 places with a fast run now in my current game because I got the other badge and take lots of risks, basically just run for the syrup like a mad man.

Also does chips and syrups count in for the badge in survival mode or only in Winter's Embrace?

3 hours ago, Moilanen said:

25 days was really easy to make but I haven't seen a single maple syrup bottle. I started from ML and went to CH through the Ravine. I also found a prepper's food cache on ML but got nothing for the badge, no chips no syrup... I have found 14 bags of chips already but I guess that syrup is like gold so I think I just need to spam new games to get that stuff... Kinda sucks to play like that but what can you do. I think I will visit like 5 places with a fast run now in my current game because I got the other badge and take lots of risks, basically just run for the syrup like a mad man.

Also does chips and syrups count in for the badge in survival mode or only in Winter's Embrace?

almost the same experience for me.  kinda looked for the prepper's cache in ML but didn't find it, so moved to CH too.  So far I've eaten 18 bags of chips between ML and CH.  My character probably  is going to die of sodium induced hypertension before I find any syrup...

And I do believe the badges are only available to those who play in Winter's Embrace.

8 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

There isn't a garunteed Syrup spawn in the Farmhouse...at least there wasn't for me.

I'm not 100% sure if it spawns there in a normal survival sandbox but there definitely is a guaranteed spawn in a WE save.

It's always in the kitchen: beside the toaster OR in the cabinet with the broken door OR under the table beside the 6 burner stove.

12 minutes ago, gotmilkanot said:

I'm not 100% sure if it spawns there in a normal survival sandbox but there definitely is a guaranteed spawn in a WE save.

It's always in the kitchen: beside the toaster OR in the cabinet with the broken door OR under the table beside the 6 burner stove.

You know what I think you're right...I found mine behind the toaster I believe...won't know for sure till I edit my footage.

Just found my 3rd in my only WE sandbox in the pantry at Paradise Meadows Farm.